News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Speaking of people who may have outlived their usefulness at the club….

A new game day announcer wouldn’t go astray

As for Schofield I don’t mind him and understand why it’s in his best interests to not be actively pro-eagles in the media but to willingly have him presenting club produced media is a tad irritating

I think the club is at the point where everyone is all in or not at all. By that I mean if your focus isn’t completely on improving the club in whatever capacity, small or large, you’re employed then do something elsewhere

Hearing Karl Langdon's voice gives me this weird sickening flashback feeling of being at Subi far too early for a game and standing around waiting for it to start whilst he droned on about something totally uninteresting. Kinda like hearing your alarm clock sound during the day. Would be nice to get a fresh voice in there.

Speaking of people who may have outlived their usefulness at the club….

A new game day announcer wouldn’t go astray

As for Schofield I don’t mind him and understand why it’s in his best interests to not be actively pro-eagles in the media but to willingly have him presenting club produced media is a tad irritating

I think the club is at the point where everyone is all in or not at all. By that I mean if your focus isn’t completely on improving the club in whatever capacity, small or large, you’re employed then do something elsewhere

Bring back Slim Jim and the fats, “who wants to win a dvd playerrr!!!!”

Hearing Karl Langdon's voice gives me this weird sickening flashback feeling of being at Subi far too early for a game and standing around waiting for it to start whilst he droned on about something totally uninteresting. Kinda like hearing your alarm clock sound during the day. Would be nice to get a fresh voice in there.

Is Gary Carvolth still alive? Him being booed to high heaven every week still was a highlight of subi oval early 90s.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

...I think the club is at the point where everyone is all in or not at all. By that I mean if your focus isn’t completely on improving the club in whatever capacity, small or large, you’re employed then do something elsewhere

I can't remember if we were pro-this or anti-this when people like H.Brayshaw got the arse from the women's program?

I dont mind having someone external presenting the segment he does. I know he's not going to slam the club on the clubs own channels, but it's still less fluffy and 'everything is fine' than if it was all done internally imo
True but theres already enough media bashing of the Eagles atm. I don't think anyone can claim that it's all fine.

I don't mind Schoey but would like to hear from an insider who is actually invested in seeing the club do well.
I get the impression from Schoey that theres a little bit of a sneaky enjoyment vibe from all the Eagles misery. A bit of the old 'see look how good my team was and see how bad it is since I left' pov.

True but theres already enough media bashing of the Eagles atm. I don't think anyone can claim that it's all fine.

I don't mind Schoey but would like to hear from an insider who is actually invested in seeing the club do well.
I get the impression from Schoey that theres a little bit of a sneaky enjoyment vibe from all the Eagles misery. A bit of the old 'see look how good my team was and see how bad it is since I left' pov.

Sick of him complaining about being the most dropped player at WC.

To be fair he deserved it a lot of the time lol

I can't remember if we were pro-this or anti-this when people like H.Brayshaw got the arse from the women's program?

For mine it was amusing the people who constantly have a go at the club for being soft and a 'boys club' and 'jobs for the boys', then turn around and say the club was being too hard and assholes for making it that you couldn't play for other clubs if you worked here.

Some people just like to complain regardless

Obama Reaction GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caitlin Bassett

Great netball player

Terrible journalist even by The West Australian standards
I like that her best examples are Ted Lasso, a fictional character, and Ric Charlesworth who, despite playing cricket for WA, also played hockey all his life, which makes his role as hockey coach not the same. Though he did spend some time at the Dockers (not as a coach).

Then there's two other examples of people who absolutely played the game, just didn't reach the highest level.

i love JL but coaching footy is more people managing with a squad of 40 odd and lets be honest JL doesn’t have a great track record of that. Footy coaching would be a lot more complex than coaching cricket

i love JL but coaching footy is more people managing with a squad of 40 odd and lets be honest JL doesn’t have a great track record of that. Footy coaching would be a lot more complex than coaching cricket
Maybe the new coach can bring him in once a month to yell at the players. Come to think of it, why didn't Simmo do that? Combine Simmo's cuddliness and Langer's grouchiness for the ideal gruddly coach.

Langer was good at promoting and developing young players. He also seemed to have an ability to see what players could do instead of focusing primarily on what they couldn’t do. IIRC he plucked Tye from obscurity and turned him into a very useful cricketer.

I don’t want to see Langer as coach but wouldn’t mind if he took a closer look at what the club’s doing in the development space, an area where we’ve been pretty much flatlining.

Langer has been around the club for a while and was a mentor of sorts for Simpson

I think anything he could do to help the team will have already been done and if it hasn’t it begs the question as to why not

He should be able to assist in the identification of our new coach and hope he, along with Pyke, would have a primary role in the appointment

Sick of him complaining about being the most dropped player at WC.

To be fair he deserved it a lot of the time lol

Played nearly 200 games and x2 grandfinals with one win.

Most players would kill for that career.

Not to mention only reason he's got a media career was because he was able to leverage his AFL experience into that industry (and good on him for doing so it's great to see players sort out post playing careers).

The amount of whinging he does about being dropped and his general...angst towards the club comes across as pretty petty at times considering the opportunities the Eagles afforded him.

I like that her best examples are Ted Lasso, a fictional character, and Ric Charlesworth who, despite playing cricket for WA, also played hockey all his life, which makes his role as hockey coach not the same. Though he did spend some time at the Dockers (not as a coach).

Then there's two other examples of people who absolutely played the game, just didn't reach the highest level.
spot on

Played nearly 200 games and x2 grandfinals with one win.

Most players would kill for that career.

Not to mention only reason he's got a media career was because he was able to leverage his AFL experience into that industry (and good on him for doing so it's great to see players sort out post playing careers).

The amount of whinging he does about being dropped and his general...angst towards the club comes across as pretty petty at times considering the opportunities the Eagles afforded him.
Yep I’m over him now. Can’t be bothered listening unless I’m forced to on the tv broadcast.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back