Melb meeting place to watch Eagles on TV

Remove this Banner Ad

I went to the mail exchange a couple of weeks ago when I was in Melbourne and I was the only one interested in the Eagles game. The guy behind the bar even referred to it as the Gold Coast match. Ended up watching it by myself in the outdoor bar.
It's a pretty medi- Ochre pub IMO.

Well I am interested in this as well. Why don't we just pick a central pub, contact them in advance, and say that there will be a number of us so can they please put the eagles game on with appropriate sound? I would nominate the Geebung in Hawthorn but the hawks are playing at the same time.
I think that's a great idea! I'd be in this weekend for the game against North. I have Foxtel but would really like to watch the game with other eagles fans.

Hey if you havent decided on a place head to The Levison in North Melbourne. Always has a couple of games on and a few in Eagles colors frequent the place.

Well it isn't the most convenient location for me but if people are happy then I can trek over. Do they have the sound on? If it's in North Melbourne you would assume that is enemy territory ;)

Well it isn't the most convenient location for me but if people are happy then I can trek over. Do they have the sound on? If it's in North Melbourne you would assume that is enemy territory ;)
Corey Mckernan does own the joint however its not packed with Norf supporters! They usually have the sound on the main screen but not if a band is in.

Th
Ok, well I am in Hawthorn so not far. Maybe a pub in Richmond?
The London Tavern in Richmond is a great place to watch footy. They have a big screen that will probably show the Hawthorn game but several smaller TVs inside that can show the Eagles game and I'm pretty sure they have sound. I was there on Sunday just gone and the Eagles game was on one of the TVs.

Th

The London Tavern in Richmond is a great place to watch footy. They have a big screen that will probably show the Hawthorn game but several smaller TVs inside that can show the Eagles game and I'm pretty sure they have sound. I was there on Sunday just gone and the Eagles game was on one of the TVs.

Wouldn't p#ss on that pub if it was on fire. After the 06 GF there were about 20 odd Eagles fans there watching the end of the replay around 10pm. With 3 minutes to go in the game some grinning midget bar manager turned it off. Nearly caused a riot. Total act of bastardry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might have a solution. Went up to my local and they have an area they can curtain off between the front bar and the dining room. Good space and it is free on Sunday. Just awaiting confirmation tomorrow. Apparently they set up a projector so viewing should be good. I said it might be a regular thing but there wouldn't be many first week and they seemed interested. It's the tower hotel in hawthorn, top of camberwell road before it turns into barkers on the way to glenferrie road. About 5 mins walk from auburn station.

Might have a solution. Went up to my local and they have an area they can curtain off between the front bar and the dining room. Good space and it is free on Sunday. Just awaiting confirmation tomorrow. Apparently they set up a projector so viewing should be good. I said it might be a regular thing but there wouldn't be many first week and they seemed interested. It's the tower hotel in hawthorn, top of camberwell road before it turns into barkers on the way to glenferrie road. About 5 mins walk from auburn station.
That sounds great! Good work.

The tower hotel in hawthorn east

Sounds good mate, I'm happy to come along!

I'm happy to come along, I live in Northcote.
So do I :eek:

Keen to go somewhere in future but maybe can't this weekend as I believe I may be entertaining a lady friend

upload_2015-6-5_9-5-10.jpeg

The projector goes on to the wall on the right they tell me, table is removed and couches go in. Should be good. Get around it Melbourne Eagles!

Remove this Banner Ad

Melb meeting place to watch Eagles on TV

Remove this Banner Ad

Back