Certified Legendary Thread Melbourne Board AFL-Wide (1990 Onwards) Fantasy Draft Comp – Winner: Demon Attack!

Remove this Banner Ad

Results: Grand Final New
Congratulations to Demon Attack (73.3%), a worthy winner of the Fantasy Draft Comp!

Bracket (6).png

Demon Attack your badge will be organised soon. Thanks everbody for playing, this thread was the most fun I've had on BF in a long time :love:

Last edited:

Round 1, Game 1: Young Redleg vs. schmuttt New
Round 1, Game 1

And the first clash of the tournament is here! It's Young Redleg vs. schmuttt.

Young Redleg.png

What Young Redleg says:
I think that my team looks well-structured and balanced for the following reasons:

Defensive Strength- With players like Nick Vlastuin, Craig Bolton, and Michael Johnson in the backline, the team has a strong defensive unit. These players are known for their solid marking, defensive skills, and ability to read the play well. Not to mention that Glenn Archer adds a lot of toughness to the defense.

Midfield Power: Brad Hill and Karl Amon are two genuine wingmen and add heaps of speed and agility, while James Kelly offers veteran presence and ball-winning ability. The inclusion of Ben Cousins and Leigh Montagna midfield adds another great layer to the midfield as they were both known for their exceptional workrate.

What's most important that all these mids will be supplied by Aaron Sandilands, a 4× All Australian.

Forward Line Ability: Eddie Betts, Travis Cloke, and Chris Tarrant are all sharp front of goals. Betts is known for his freakish goal sense, Cloke for his marking power, and Tarrant for his consistent presence in the forward 50.

Balanced Ruck Division: Aaron Sandilands in the ruck provides a significant height advantage and exceptional hit-out skills, complemented by Ben Cousins' and Leigh Montagna's ability to win the ball around the ground.

Interchange: The interchange players all add flexibility. Lewis brings leadership and experience, Walker adds versatility, Cooney contributes with his ball-winning ability and hard running, and Ball can provide solid midfield support.

schmuttt.png

What schmuttt says:
TBA – schmuttto's busy at work.
In the meantime, what I'll add is that he's picked a team with plenty of modern day star power, and an absurd amount of premiership/big game experience. Hodge is a general down back, Petracca and Martin are a dangerous mid-forward combo, the Richmond flavour to the forward line brings chemistry and big scoring capability, and the bench adds a lot of versatility.

Happy voting! As mentioned, the poll will be anonymous and votes will be hidden until you make your selection. I won't be casting my votes until later in the day (so that nobody can guess who I've voted for :gigglev1:).

Poll will remain open until 10:00 am tomorrow.

Crimson Azure Toump Ass Headless Dancing Potato Topkent A11dAtP0w3R Dory_77 Theseventhhamster Demon Attack Bluelegs - please try and send your little write-ups the night before your game.

Winner: Young Redleg (61.1%)

Last edited:
Round 1, Game 1

And the first clash of the tournament is here! It's Young Redleg vs. schmuttt.

View attachment 2071118

What Young Redleg says:

View attachment 2071119

What schmuttt says:

In the meantime, what I'll add is that he's picked a team with plenty of modern day star power, and an absurd amount of premiership/big game experience. Hodge is a general down back, Petracca and Martin are a dangerous mid-forward combo, the Richmond flavour to the forward line brings chemistry and big scoring capability, and the bench adds a lot of versatility.

Happy voting! As mentioned, the poll will be anonymous and votes will be hidden until you make your selection. I won't be casting my votes until later in the day (so that nobody can guess who I've voted for :gigglev1:).

Poll will remain open until 10:00 am tomorrow.

Crimson Azure Toump Ass Headless Dancing Potato Topkent A11dAtP0w3R Dory_77 Theseventhhamster Demon Attack Bluelegs - please try and send your little write-ups the night before your game.
Man, you've done a :poo: ton of work mate. Above and beyond!

Last edited:
When do we play again Scythe94?
Saturday :)

Hi all,

Here is the bracket for Round 1.

Wednesday 7 August: Young Redleg vs. schmuttt
Thursday 8 August: Johnny Karate vs. Topkent
Friday 9 August: Theseventhhamster vs. A11dAtP0w3R
Saturday 10 August: Scythe94 vs. Crimson Azure
Sunday 11 August: Toump Ass vs. Headless
Monday 12 August: Dancing Potato vs. Demon Attack
Tuesday 13 August: Bluelegs vs. Dory_77

Round 2: Wednesday 14 August – Friday 16 August
Round 3: Saturday 17 August – Sunday 18 August
Round 4 (Final): Monday 19 August

As mentioned previously, due to the size of the bracket (i.e. not having 16), the poster with the biggest winning margin in Round 1 (in terms of vote percentage) will advance directly to Round 3 of the competition.

An anonymous poll will be posted in this thread at 10:00 am AEST on each matchday and will remain open for 24 hours. Both teamsheet graphics for the respective matchup will be posted on the day.

See you tomorrow for the first clash!

View attachment 2070327

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great work Scythe.

I'm trying to work out how the match ups across the ground might play out. Tough decision overall, and I expect they all will be.
Cheers!

And yeah it certainly is – great first match

Bloody hell this is hard!

Thought I'd take a look at forwards v defenders and the first match up I come across is Martin for schmuttt vs Archer for Young Redleg.

Started of thinking Martin has it in the bag whoever he's against then realised it was Archer and now back at square one.

What happens if votes are a draw?
In the event of a draw, the poll will just be extended until one more vote is received to break the tie.

While the poll is anonymous, anybody from the board is able to vote. I'm guessing the majority of votes will come from participants, but we might see some interest from those who have been following along.

Can't change your vote before the deadline too, ooof.
Yeah, thought it'd be the best way to ensure people are backing their own judgement, rather than going off what the majority think.

Since the biggest winner goes straight to Round 3, also wanted to make sure people weren't tinkering with votes to help a certain team (or their own) get through.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Melbourne Board AFL-Wide (1990 Onwards) Fantasy Draft Comp – Winner: Demon Attack!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back