Certified Legendary Thread Melbourne Board AFL-Wide (1990 Onwards) Fantasy Draft Comp – Winner: Demon Attack!

Remove this Banner Ad

Results: Grand Final New
Congratulations to Demon Attack (73.3%), a worthy winner of the Fantasy Draft Comp!

Bracket (6).png

Demon Attack your badge will be organised soon. Thanks everbody for playing, this thread was the most fun I've had on BF in a long time :love:

Last edited:

Was discussing with TK this morning, I think it was more of an advantage to be drafting 10-14 with an early pick in the second round. Im pretty sure my first two picks would have been Brown and Richo. Shattered hamster grabbed Richo a couple of spots before my pick in the second.
Almost had both, ended up not selecting either but very, very happy with Lloyd and Tredrea.

My spine is absolutely ****ing shocking lmao.

Maybe looks better to some people with Hogan at FF and Ballantyne in the pocket/Ben Brown on the bench, but not me.
Hogan's lucky I think, still catch him doing the look at the umpires and sook, infuriating.

Almost had both, ended up not selecting either but very, very happy with Lloyd and Tredrea.
No shade intended Les or anyone else in that range, just saying they would have been my guys. Didn't strokes for different folks.

No shade intended Les or anyone else in that range, just saying they would have been my guys. Didn't strokes for different folks.
Sorry, A11 - already writing up an essay about why Lloyd and Tredrea were the correct picks.

439655.jpg

Have people overlooked players just cause they didn't like them even though they were great? My irrational hate of Lloyd and Nick Riewoldt in no way reflects that they weren't great players. I'm just weird like that, had quite a few "no I won't be drafting him even though he's good" on my list 😂

Have people overlooked players just cause they didn't like them even though they were great? My irrational hate of Lloyd and Nick Riewoldt in no way reflects that they weren't great players. I'm just weird like that, had quite a few "no I won't be drafting him even though he's good" on my list 😂
I reckon I went the other way - like I judged players I really liked harder almost.

Riewoldt, Lloyd and Tredrea were absolutely better than Richo but I liked Richo more coz of the entertainment of missing easy goals, taking hangers, kicking the impossible and the hissy fits he would throw at his teammates. 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There were a couple of times where Jack Riewoldt absolutely seemed like the right pick. schmuttt taking him was a weight lifted off my shoulders.

I've also noticed a certain coleman medalist has been completely ignored.

Maybe Tex with the O'Loughlin pick, but I also wanted a more mobile second tall to go with Hawkins, so it was a bit of both.

Riewoldt, Lloyd and Tredrea were absolutely better than Richo but I liked Richo more coz of the entertainment of missing easy goals, taking hangers, kicking the impossible and the hissy fits he would throw at his teammates. 😂
Giving away a free and fifty when he thought he won the game v. Essendon was an all-timer.

Maybe Tex with the O'Loughlin pick, but I also wanted a more mobile second tall to go with Hawkins, so it was a bit of both.
Reckon O'Loughlin was the better call there regardless.

There were a couple of times where Jack Riewoldt absolutely seemed like the right pick. schmuttt taking him was a weight lifted off my shoulders.

I took Rance despite hating him, I think there is a place where value and team need tips the scale over if you hated hem when assessing other options at that position.

Giving away a free and fifty when he thought he won the game v. Essendon was an all-timer.
Steam coming out of his ears for the rest of the game mumbling to himself. 😂 The one with first year David Rodan in the goal square was good for a laugh. Plenty of other times he used to yell at teammates for not kicking him the ball on the lead.

Two Coleman medalists I reckon. Also Chad Warner was picked for a moment in time about 6 rounds ago, immediately dumped and then ignored since. All Australian and future Dee Dan Houston still on the bench too. Can probably think of a couple more before it's my turn I reckon

Have people overlooked players just cause they didn't like them even though they were great?
Isaac Smith, Charlie Cameron, The Scott Brothers, David King, Nick Dal Santo, Robert Murphy, Daniel Chick, Tom Papley, Taylor Walker, probably a few others I missed.

Two Coleman medalists I reckon. Also Chad Warner was picked for a moment in time about 6 rounds ago, immediately dumped and then ignored since. All Australian and future Dee Dan Houston still on the bench too. Can probably think of a couple more before it's my turn I reckon
Toump made a good point about his face, **** Warner, current day campaigner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Melbourne Board AFL-Wide (1990 Onwards) Fantasy Draft Comp – Winner: Demon Attack!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back