Certified Legendary Thread Melbourne Board AFL-Wide (1990 Onwards) Fantasy Draft Comp – Winner: Demon Attack!

Remove this Banner Ad

Results: Grand Final New
Congratulations to Demon Attack (73.3%), a worthy winner of the Fantasy Draft Comp!

Bracket (6).png

Demon Attack your badge will be organised soon. Thanks everbody for playing, this thread was the most fun I've had on BF in a long time :love:

Last edited:
Les is always giving out angry reacts to me on the american football board, particularly in his favourite teams thread the Miami Dolphins.
Can't get enough of those Dolphins!

Remember the recent game, A11? Wow! Weren't there some interesting plays?

I thought we - the Dolphins - played well in portions of the game. But there were other portions where we weren't at our best.

We - the Dolphins - have some injuries, of course, and some think the coaching could be improved, but I'm confident we will come out strongly in our next fixture.

The Dolphins. The Miami Dolphins. My favourite team!

This has been a mammoth effort, Scythe94 - thank you.
Glad you've all enjoyed! Hopefully you like the graphics when they're done too :)

Now for my final pick. I have a HF flanker (sort of) a HB flanker and a genuine utility on my bench, so I'm going to finish off with another pure midfielder. Couple of B&Fs, a Norm Smith Medal, and one of the best players to have never made an AA team (pretty ridiculous value at pick 302) – Luke Shuey.

Theseventhhamster – hope that wasn't your guy ;)

I thought we - the Dolphins - played well in portions of the game. But there were other portions where we weren't at our best.

We - the Dolphins - have some injuries, of course, and some think the coaching could be improved, but I'm confident we will come out strongly in our next fixture.

Not sure I've come across a dolphins fan with as much knowledge about the team he supports as this.

I'll have one of the most well rounded football players I've ever seen. Caught my eye playing for Victoria. Backline, forward line, midfield. Gun. Sadly his body was cactus not long after hitting Brisbane.

Brad Boyd.

I'll have one of the most well rounded football players I've ever seen. Caught my eye playing for Victoria. Backline, forward line, midfield. Gun. Sadly his body was cactus not long after hitting Brisbane.

Brad Boyd.
Fitzroy. That's where the Molloy post got you thinking.

Are you a fellow Dolphin enthusiast?
They are one of my favourite second teams..Love their head coach, but can't think of his name, what's his name again, Les?

They are one of my favourite second teams..Love their head coach, but can't think of his name, what's his name again, Les?
No, not Les from memory.

"How bout those dolphins!"

So much packed into a short career....

Wheildon bagged a seven-goal haul in just his third league game, against the Brisbane Bears at Carrara. One of his best performances came when he kicked six goals and six behinds against a strong Hawthorn team in 1992. The following season, against Sydney at the SCG, he kicked a career best eight goals, in a shoot-out with Simon Minton-Connell who also kicked eight. Wheildon finished the 1992 season with 41 goals, his best ever season tally, but unlike the 29 goals he kicked in 1991 it wasn't enough to top Fitzroy's charts.

From 1990 to 1993, Wheildon was sent to the AFL Tribunal no less than seven times. On one occasion, in 1993, he was fined after being found guilty of shaking a goalpost when an opponent was taking a shot at goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And with that Brad Boyd is my Vice Captain and moves into Travis Boak's wing.

Couple other shuffles with Butters on ball and Heeney back to forward line.

FBMatthew WhelanTom HarleyNick Blakey
HBTom StewartMatthew Pavlich (C)Michael Hurley
CBrad Boyd (VC)Sam MitchellAdem Yze
HFChad WingardDavid SchwarzKieren Jack
FFIsaac HeeneyMatthew RichardsonLiam Jurrah
RRCorey McKernanZak ButtersKane Cornes
ICScott BurnsTravis JohnstoneJames McDonald
^^^^^ Travis Boak

Fitzroy. That's where the Molloy post got you thinking.
Shame they got killed off. Bunch of young gun players went through there while they were going broke. Were still good to watch.

Shame they got killed off. Bunch of young gun players went through there while they were going broke. Were still good to watch.
Always had a soft spot for the Roys. loved their jumper.

So much packed into a short career....

From 1990 to 1993, Wheildon was sent to the AFL Tribunal no less than seven times. On one occasion, in 1993, he was fined after being found guilty of shaking a goalpost when an opponent was taking a shot at goal.
OG Rampe

Am tempted to select Colin Sylvia. Could have been everything with some dedication.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Melbourne Board AFL-Wide (1990 Onwards) Fantasy Draft Comp – Winner: Demon Attack!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back