Certified Legendary Thread Melbourne Board AFL-Wide (1990 Onwards) Fantasy Draft Comp – Winner: Demon Attack!

Remove this Banner Ad

Results: Grand Final New
Congratulations to Demon Attack (73.3%), a worthy winner of the Fantasy Draft Comp!

Bracket (6).png

Demon Attack your badge will be organised soon. Thanks everbody for playing, this thread was the most fun I've had on BF in a long time :love:

Last edited:
Alright, carrying on from the Random Chat thread, let's gauge interest.

The draft
  • Interested posters (no limit at this stage) participate in a snake draft (randomised order for the first round, then reverse order from second round onwards) to pick their 22 players (order will be confirmed and pinned following close of registrations).
  • Depending on how many people sign up, there'll be a time limit on each pick (likely a maximum of three hours, otherwise we'll be here until next year). The three-hour time limit will only apply between 10:00 am – 10:00 pm AEST, so nobody will be forced to pull an all-nighter :embarrassedv1:. If you miss your pick, a Moderator/Community Leader will make the selection on your behalf to keep things rolling.
  • Once you have made your selection, please tag the next poster in the draft order.
  • To keep it clean, the draft pool will include all AFL players drafted from 1990 onwards. If you need to check a player's draft year, use Draftguru. As a reference point, players such as James Hird, Glen Jakovich, Nigel Smart and Allen Jakovich were drafted in 1990, so think that generation of players onwards.
  • Select your team like you're trying to win a game of footy; i.e. don't just pick 22 midfielders (or do, it's good enough for the AA selectors I guess).
Picking a winner
  • Once each side has been selected, posters will arrange their players in a best-22 format (field positions etc), and will be allowed to give a spiel on why they believe their team is best/why people should vote for them.
  • Following this, we will hold a knockout comp to decide a winner.
General housekeeping
  • By all means, engage in plenty of banter and have some fun, but please refrain from personal attacks or putting other posters down. Keep it lighthearted xx
That's probably it for now. Get your regos in by Saturday night and we'll kick this off on Sunday.

Last edited:
Draft Results New

MarcMaverick I hear Jack Crisp is still on the board ;)

George Costanza Flirting GIF by MOODMAN

(Log in to remove this ad.)

35 years is a long way to go back.
It is, but it gives you access to the Jakovich, Hird, Crawford, Leppitsch, Johnson, Gehrig, White, O'Loughlin and Yze types from 1990-94 drafts that I'm sure would be quite popular.

Could start at 1995 if people would rather? Still gives you access to those who dominated the early 2000s etc.

Regardless of when we start, I'm sure there will still be some cracking players that get missed. Happy to go with the consensus though, I just imagine the majority of people in this comp would've seen at least some 90s footy.

I would like to participate and win on this occasion.

Probably limited availability, though, so might end up sending through a list of preferences for fun and convenience.

Thanks, Scythe94.
Headless selects former pick 2, Marcus Seecamp.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Melbourne Board AFL-Wide (1990 Onwards) Fantasy Draft Comp – Winner: Demon Attack!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back