Certified Legendary Thread Melbourne Board AFL-Wide (1990 Onwards) Fantasy Draft Comp – Winner: Demon Attack!

Remove this Banner Ad

Results: Grand Final New
Congratulations to Demon Attack (73.3%), a worthy winner of the Fantasy Draft Comp!

Bracket (6).png

Demon Attack your badge will be organised soon. Thanks everbody for playing, this thread was the most fun I've had on BF in a long time :love:

Last edited:
Reckon that might be the first upset of the tournament. Interesting to see how people have voted – almost impossible to tip a winner for the whole thing at this point.

schmuttt may have been disadvantaged by the anti-Melbourne sentiment on the board at the moment. Were we not steaming garbage, the result might have been different. That, and I think plenty on here hate Richmond lol.
Schmutt been too negative on this board lately, creating enemies. Needs to be more friendly to others like Kent :moustache:

Officially official.

Congratulations to Young Redleg who moves to Round 2 with 61.1% of the vote. I'm screenshotting the polls for proof, but won't post, otherwise you'll all know how I voted ;)

Unlucky schmuttt – you picked a great team.

Next matchup coming up shortly

Round 1, Game 2: Johnny Karate vs. Topkent New
Round 1, Game 2

Johnny Karate vs. Topkent

1000017180.png

What Johnny Karate says:
Starting with the defence, I have 3 excellent shutdown players across full back in Waters, Michael and Bassett that will be capable of blunting opposition goal scorers. Across half back, Koutoufides is an athletic beast who can intercept and cause havoc marauding up the ground in a variety of positions. While flankers Montgomery and Smith are both accountable and capable of rebounding with speed and skill.

The midfield has a combination of grunt and talent with Beams, Hannebery and Edwards in the centre. While Thomas and Power provide skill, speed and the ability to drift forward to score. Spider Everitt is a rare combination of excellent tap ruck, follower and dangerous resting forward.

The forward six has really good depth and balance. Rocca is one of the best stay at home full forwards to play in this era with a whopping 700+ career goals. Roughead is a top key forward who can pinch hit in the ruck as well as position himself behind the ball in vital moments. Gunston and Medhurst have plenty of guile and forward craft both in the air and on the ground. While half forwards Hird and Akermanis are effective goalkickers who can cause devastation on nearly every line.

Finally the bench has a number of versatile options that can either maintain our side’s momentum by chopping out the stars or change the complexion of the team when under siege. Yeo and Crisp can be deployed with great effect off halfback, around stoppages or hold their width as wings providing plenty of run and carry. Edwards is a quality player that is proficient from halfback to the wing to half forward and Colbert is a courageous player that can intercept, shutdown talls and smalls with a cool head down back.
Across every line, my team has class, consistency, flexibility and big game performers. Vote early and vote often pls.

1000017181.png

What Topkent says:
First off I promise to think about being nice to you all if you vote for me for 1 hour you woke donkey flogs

Chaddest spine in it, Jacko ALPHA, May ALPHA, Brown ALPHA, Neitz ALPHA

They'll just club dorks like Riewoldt and Darling to death.

The magic of Darryl White and his one handed marks, The laser kicking skills of Gilbee and and the lockdown rebound of Stiffy. Smart to take first crack at the FB while Jacko prowls the for intercepts like a horny cougar.

Class across the middle line with Dal Santo, Burgoyne and Murphy. Both directions, pure skills and not a wasted disposal between them.

Big Johnno brown punching froffies and goals with Neita in the square behind him ready to kill Luke McCabe if he strolls onto the field.
The pure class of Robbie Gray moving in and out of the midfield and destroying some spud 1-1 or dragging them up field to give the 4th choice to Jamie Elliot to take a hanger on.
If in some miracle the ball was to trickle to the deck, Shai Bolton after dominating on ball swoops on a loosey and bags number 8.
That's if there's any opponents left after Byron murders them with a neck breaking shirt front.

When the ball goes back to the middle and they've just about had enough, big mummy's on the prowl for some ribs for dinner.

Vote 1 TK
Poll will remain open for 24 hours – happy voting!

Winner: Topkent (68.4%)

Last edited:
Interesting move from TK to talk up how well his team would go against players they will not be playing against.
+5 points for the Luke McCabe reference

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting move from TK to talk up how well his team would go against players they will not be playing against.
Especially players not even selected like Darling

My team will flog any team with Luke Williams in it!

Random side note – is it even possible to have gastro three times in three weeks, or have I done myself some other sort of mischief? Ugh.

Lol assuming I'm hooped, if I'd known 15 odd years of posting on this forum would have led to this vote, I probably wouldn't have changed a ****ing thing

drunk the rock GIF by ALL SEEING EYES

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Melbourne Board AFL-Wide (1990 Onwards) Fantasy Draft Comp – Winner: Demon Attack!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back