Certified Legendary Thread Melbourne Board AFL-Wide (1990 Onwards) Fantasy Draft Comp – Winner: Demon Attack!

Remove this Banner Ad

Results: Grand Final New
Congratulations to Demon Attack (73.3%), a worthy winner of the Fantasy Draft Comp!

Bracket (6).png

Demon Attack your badge will be organised soon. Thanks everbody for playing, this thread was the most fun I've had on BF in a long time :love:

Last edited:
For a man with a team full or North Smith medalists I'd have thought Schmutt would have rated Hannebery high for his 2012 granny. O'Keefe was bloody good but I thought Hanners was BOG.

Thought Hannerbery had a great peak then dropped off dramatically - whereas Libba gets better every year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine Nick Daicos having to take the field against Machete Man Liam Jurrah lmao

4 Port Adelaide Power players on Hamsters team, starting to make sense now why Toump is so against me.
One Dee and no Ports from 30 years of footy, I'm outraged.

Bit of Daisy Thomas about Hannebury. Hannebury played 30 odd games in his last 5 years. Makes your forget he could play a bit same with Thomas although Thomas was better
Daisy's peak was crazy good. Top 5 player in 10-11 imo

Round 1, Game 4: Scythe94 vs. Crimson Azure New
Round 1, Game 4

1000017371.png

What Scythe94 says:
The overarching characteristics that I wanted to establish for my team were balance, versatility, mobility and kicking skills, and I think I managed to do that across the park.

Defenders:
Down back, I have arguably the league's current best tall stopper in Sam Taylor and 4x AA Jeremy McGovern, who not only brings defensive acumen, but the ability to peel off and attack with damaging disposals. They're complemented by third tall, 'Mr One Percenter', Josh Gibson, who won two B&Fs in Hawthorn's flag years, despite being surrounded by some megastars. Mackie brings more premiership experience, the ability to play on a range of different players and rebound with precision. Speaking of rebounding, smooth moving utility Brett Deledio brings more run and damaging kicking off the other back flank. Finally, the often unheralded Nick Smith creates nightmares for opposing small forwards, having been one of the best lockdown smalls this century.

Midfielders: The crème de la crème of my side. What's better than one of your three starting midfielders being both a Brownlow and Norm Smith Medallist? Two of your starting midfielders being both Brownlow and Norm Smith Medallists. And to show I'm serious, all three of my starting midfielders have each won both Brownlows and Norm Smiths. Imagine the power and sublime kicking skills of Buckley combined with the silk and class of Black, in addition to the versatility and toughness of Bartel. Surround them with two of the current best inside-out mids in the pacy Merrett and McCluggage, and it's likely that my midfield would eat most others' for breakfast. And because my team prioritises mobility and skill, they'll all be fed by one of the most athletic rucks we've seen – Jeff White.

Forwards: The idea was to build around Hawkins, one of the greatest forwards of the modern era, and in the process, I created a super balanced, complementary forward line that will be dangerous on the 1-2 occasions per game when Bucks, Black and Bartel don't hit Tomahawk lace out on the chest. Mickey O and Robbo combine to play the nominal mid-sized/second tall role, offering a matchup nightmare for less mobile defenders both aerially and on the deck. Rohan Smith brings power and even more versatility, as does Neon Leon, who, like Smith, was an AA at both ends of the ground. And if those five don't get ya, a little guy named Cyril will. Delicious.

Bench: Westhoff is a genuine asset on the bench. At 200cm he can play as a second KPF if I need height, offer a marking option on the wing, do the relief ruck work, or even play a role in defence. Higgins is a dangerous half-forward flanker who can do the mercurial, and adds depth and a different look to the mids if needed. Malceski brings even more precision kicking out of the back half and is a big game player, and to finish it off, one of the best players to never make an AA team (and yet another Norm Smith Medallist + big game player), Luke Shuey, adds even more quality depth to my devastating midfield.

There's quality and versatility all over the park with my team. But most of all, with all the skill and mobility, it's the true antithesis of 2022-24 Melbourne, which is why I hope you vote for me xx

1000017384.png

What Crimson Azure says:

Voting will remain open for 24 hours.

Winner: Scythe94 (83.3%)

Last edited:
Imagine if someone in this matchup had cruelly and viciously denied a young up start of the board his favourite players from 1989
A lot of very woke selections in Scythe’s team that would get destroyed by players recruited in the 80s 🤔

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Melbourne Board AFL-Wide (1990 Onwards) Fantasy Draft Comp – Winner: Demon Attack!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back