Certified Legendary Thread Melbourne Board AFL-Wide (1990 Onwards) Fantasy Draft Comp – Winner: Demon Attack!

Remove this Banner Ad

Results: Grand Final New
Congratulations to Demon Attack (73.3%), a worthy winner of the Fantasy Draft Comp!

Bracket (6).png

Demon Attack your badge will be organised soon. Thanks everbody for playing, this thread was the most fun I've had on BF in a long time :love:

Last edited:

Anybody who votes for Dangerflog, Fyfe and Neale over Black, Bartel and Buckley loves the modern contest-defence territory game :moustache:

Brodie Grundy image shows some strange colour combination? Black and white. Just saying- that version of Grundy sucked.

Brodie Grundy image shows some strange colour combination? Black and white. Just saying- that version of Grundy sucked.
Prefer the Casey version, Toump?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn’t mind doing a draft of current day players just for a laugh. Would be great to see people drafting blokes they genuinely despise.
This is a great idea.

Final result: Scythe94 moves on with 83.3% of the vote.

Next matchup shortly
Reckon it was a lot closer than that, though. Maybe CA's lack of a genuine second KPF was an issue, but two really good teams IMO.

Round 1, Game 5: Toump Ass vs. Headless New
Round 1, Game 5

1000017398.png

What Toump Ass says:

Spine’s weaker that Fat Oliver’s tackles, I can see that too.

But what I lack in big, dumb, key position players I make up with style. Lake might give Ben Brown a bath, but a forward line with Fritsch, Didak and Stevie J are too much for the Scott brothers and some guy named “Chad”. Jakovich, Hogan too. Goddamn. It’s too much.

Weitering and Lever would struggle against Lloyd and Tredrae but as a whole Sicily, Hart, The Real McKay (not an ALDI one like Harry or his shit brother) and Grimes are strong. I’m not sure who Ronald is (related to Montgomery?), but Aaron, the guy from Sportsbet and Nigel Lappin’s poor cousin are well covered IMO.

Regret picking that Sydney guy but I probs coulda grabbed Bailey Laurie and Michael Voss, Pendles, Cripps and King Angus Brayshaw would still be enough skill, strength and heart (important!!!) to handle anything.

If it comes down to the bench- and it might, because I’m up against a very nice team- I’m counting on one of them once-a-season blinders Jack pulled out if his arse and a solid right hook courtesy of my boy Tom Bugg.

Thanks for reading, good luck with your votes!

1000017397.png

What Headless says:
Defence
Brian Lake goes to Ben Brown. Luke McPharlin goes to Allen Jakovich. Chad Cornes goes to Jesse Hogan. IMO my defence is the clear winner here, particularly if you're considering longevity as part of your vote-casting process. Toump has a nice selection of small/mid forwards in Steve Johnson, Alan Didak, and Bayley Fritsch (plus Jack Watts and Hayden Ballantyne on the bench). I think this is a nice part of Toump's team, but I'm very comfortable with the grit of my smaller defenders in Brayden Maynard, Chris Scott, and Brad Scott. Overall, I think I win this line.

Midfield
IMO Toump has a better starting four setup. But I had Simon Goodwin and Joel Corey on the wings, plus Peter Bell and Ryan Griffen. On the other hand, Toump has Errol Gulden and Angus Brayshaw (both nice players, but not at the same level IMO). Happy to call this a tie, even though I think my team is more holistically viable.

Attack
Matthew Lloyd, Warren Tredrea, Drew Petrie - too much to handle for Toump's defence on most occasions IMO. Add in my smaller forwards in Nathan Brown, Matthew Lappin, Aaron Davey, and Ronnie Burns, and I think that's a clear winner.

Bench/overall
I like Toump's team, but I like mine more. As a general measure of quality, I look at the bench/rotations: Drew Petrie, Peter Bell, Ryan Griffen, Mark Blicavs (great flexibility!) v. Jack Watts, Hayden Ballantyne, Luke Jackson, Tom Bugg.

Voting will remain open for 24 hours.

Winner: Headless (60%)

Last edited:
We went in different directions here, 'kent.
The Simpsons Dancing GIF

Whoo hoo!!!! Headless vs. Toump day!!

If anyone would like clarification on how a team with Ben Brown and Jack Watts can somehow make round 2 of this amazing competition, please ask! I'm here all day! Happy to answer questions!!

Good luck headless, may the best team win!!! 💪

Whoo hoo!!!! Headless vs. Toump day!!

If anyone would like clarification on how a team with Ben Brown and Jack Watts can somehow make round 2 of this amazing competition, please ask! I'm here all day! Happy to answer questions!!

Good luck headless, may the best team win!!! 💪
Quality write-up, Toump. 🤝

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Melbourne Board AFL-Wide (1990 Onwards) Fantasy Draft Comp – Winner: Demon Attack!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back