Certified Legendary Thread Melbourne Board AFL-Wide (1990 Onwards) Fantasy Draft Comp – Winner: Demon Attack!

Remove this Banner Ad

Results: Grand Final New
Congratulations to Demon Attack (73.3%), a worthy winner of the Fantasy Draft Comp!

Bracket (6).png

Demon Attack your badge will be organised soon. Thanks everbody for playing, this thread was the most fun I've had on BF in a long time :love:

Last edited:
I like Toump's midfield, and there's an argument for his forward line (but Les's edges ahead for me).

However Les's defence and bench are superior.

HOWEVER...Toump has Bugg and Watts.
Reckon my forward line is where I win.

Lloyd v. Weitering
Tredrea v. Lever

Petrie rotation through as the third tall.

Then Brown, Lappin, Davey, Burns v. Grimes, Sicily, McKay, Hart. Those smaller players are closer, to be fair, but think my talls would be too much.

Lloyd v. Weitering
Tredrea v. Lever

Then Brown, Lappin, Davey, Burns v. Grimes, Sicily, McKay, Hart. Those smaller players are closer, to be fair, but think my talls would be too much.
Les showing some fight and sticking up for his team, love to see it.

I just need to work out how to do this first haha. But will be good
Demand the guy who does it for sweet FA does it for us, if not we have ways of making him.

Defence
Brian Lake goes to Ben Brown. Luke McPharlin goes to Allen Jakovich. Chad Cornes goes to Jesse Hogan. IMO my defence is the clear winner here, particularly if you're considering longevity as part of your vote-casting process. Toump has a nice selection of small/mid forwards in Steve Johnson, Alan Didak, and Bayley Fritsch (plus Jack Watts and Hayden Ballantyne on the bench). I think this is a nice part of Toump's team, but I'm very comfortable with the grit of my smaller defenders in Brayden Maynard, Chris Scott, and Brad Scott. Overall, I think I win this line.

Midfield
IMO Toump has a better starting four setup. But I had Simon Goodwin and Joel Corey on the wings, plus Peter Bell and Ryan Griffen. On the other hand, Toump has Errol Gulden and Angus Brayshaw (both nice players, but not at the same level IMO). Happy to call this a tie, even though I think my team is more holistically viable.

Attack
Matthew Lloyd, Warren Tredrea, Drew Petrie - too much to handle for Toump's defence on most occasions IMO. Add in my smaller forwards in Nathan Brown, Matthew Lappin, Aaron Davey, and Ronnie Burns, and I think that's a clear winner.

Bench/overall
I like Toump's team, but I like mine more. As a general measure of quality, I look at the bench/rotations: Drew Petrie, Peter Bell, Ryan Griffen, Mark Blicavs (great flexibility!) v. Jack Watts, Hayden Ballantyne, Luke Jackson, Tom Bugg.

I take mine. gg Toump. 🤝

Defence
Brian Lake goes to Ben Brown. Luke McPharlin goes to Allen Jakovich. Chad Cornes goes to Jesse Hogan. IMO my defence is the clear winner here, particularly if you're considering longevity as part of your vote-casting process. Toump has a nice selection of small/mid forwards in Steve Johnson, Alan Didak, and Bayley Fritsch (plus Jack Watts and Hayden Ballantyne on the bench). I think this is a nice part of Toump's team, but I'm very comfortable with the grit of my smaller defenders in Brayden Maynard, Chris Scott, and Brad Scott. Overall, I think I win this line.

Midfield
IMO Toump has a better starting four setup. But I had Simon Goodwin and Joel Corey on the wings, plus Peter Bell and Ryan Griffen. On the other hand, Toump has Errol Gulden and Angus Brayshaw (both nice players, but not at the same level IMO). Happy to call this a tie, even though I think my team is more holistically viable.

Attack
Matthew Lloyd, Warren Tredrea, Drew Petrie - too much to handle for Toump's defence on most occasions IMO. Add in my smaller forwards in Nathan Brown, Matthew Lappin, Aaron Davey, and Ronnie Burns, and I think that's a clear winner.

Bench/overall
I like Toump's team, but I like mine more. As a general measure of quality, I look at the bench/rotations: Drew Petrie, Peter Bell, Ryan Griffen, Mark Blicavs (great flexibility!) v. Jack Watts, Hayden Ballantyne, Luke Jackson, Tom Bugg.

I take mine. gg Toump. 🤝
Scythe94, here's my plea to the masses.

Demand the guy who does it for sweet FA does it for us, if not we have ways of making him.
Just imagine - you'd still have connections in Sweet if you still played for the Royals. :embarrassedv1:

tfw GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brian Lake goes to Ben Brown. Luke McPharlin goes to Allen Jakovich. Chad Cornes goes to Jesse Hogan.
I'm biased, but I reckon Jako would give McPharlin a bath.

I never really watched much footy before Neeld came along, but I wonder how some of the 90's players would go in modern football. It's rare you see a KPF win a game off their own boot, or someone like a Glen Jokovich/Chad Cornes type getting BOG honours for keeping their opponent scoreless, defenders these day are getting in contests all over the ground.

Funny to think about.

I never really watched much footy before Neeld came along, but I wonder how some of the 90's players would go in modern football. It's rare you see a KPF win a game off their own boot, or someone like a Glen Jokovich/Chad Cornes type getting BOG honours for keeping their opponent scoreless, defenders these day are getting in contests all over the ground.

Funny to think about.
Chad 'third in the Brownlow' Cornes. :eyes:

Funny to think about.
Doubt you'd see the likes of Matthew Lloyd working into the back 50 like JVR last night, even BBB has found his way into D50 in his recent games.

Doubt you'd see the likes of Matthew Lloyd working into the back 50 like JVR last night, even BBB has found his way into D50 in his recent games.
It's the sort of rubbish that makes you want to see zones introduced

Lloyd v. Weitering
Tredrea v. Lever

A champion team beats a team of champions. Toump has so many guys who have all played together and gelled. That goes a long way.

Oh wait, they play for Melbourne? Never mind.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Melbourne Board AFL-Wide (1990 Onwards) Fantasy Draft Comp – Winner: Demon Attack!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back