Certified Legendary Thread Melbourne Board AFL-Wide (1990 Onwards) Fantasy Draft Comp – Winner: Demon Attack!

Remove this Banner Ad

Results: Grand Final New
Congratulations to Demon Attack (73.3%), a worthy winner of the Fantasy Draft Comp!

Bracket (6).png

Demon Attack your badge will be organised soon. Thanks everbody for playing, this thread was the most fun I've had on BF in a long time :love:

Last edited:
Round 1, Game 7: Bluelegs vs. Dory_77 New
Round 1, Game 7: Bluelegs vs. Dory_77

Teamsheets - Draft Comp (1).png

What Bluelegs says:

Starting with the backline I have a powerful mix of attacking guns and defensive nous in Shaw, McLeod, Enright and McVeigh who will kill you with speed and laser kicks. While my two key pillars may not have the same aura as some of the others in the comp Harris Andrews and Trent Croad will mark everything. Andrews is like Jake Lever if Jake Lever could actually beat an opponent. And Croad will sit on the forwards heads only to go home and post rumours about him and his wife at 4am on BigFooty. If the opposition has a third tall, look no further than the ever-reliable Leigh Brown off the pine to take on an opposition gorilla, give a pinch hit in the ruck and a death-grip and stare down that would make even Don Pyke think ‘that’s a bit much’.

If there’s one word to describe my midfield it’s ‘versatility’. Goodes is an explosive beast who can win in the air, on the ground and make any player chasing him look like Clayton Oliver running after Zak Butters. Kennedy is wonderfully balanced, and if the chips are down Selwood will go to another level to get this team over the line. Meanwhile, Nic Nat will smash any ruck with his vertical leap and become an extra midfielder right after. Not to mention the wings, with one of the best of the last decade in Sidebottom, and the up and coming Walsh who gets better every year.

Up forward Cameron and Lucas will be running rings around their opponents and kicking bags. Greene will go studs up in a marking contest then lace out goals from impossible angles. If the ball hits the deck, Wells and Papley run riot. And while Croads taking screamers at one end, Burton will be at his high flying best at the other.

To top it off I’ve got Vince who can help out the midfield and kick some absolute pearlers from outside 50, Rich who can pretty much boot the thing the length of the field and release Mcleod to another line. Finally, Reid, who some may think isn't worthy of this competition just because his balls haven't dropped yet, is still one of the most ready-made pure footballers to ever hit the comp. He also single-handedly smashed Melbourne’s multi-million-dollar midfield a few months ago. How can you not love the guy?

This side is filled with penetrative kicks and explosive talent with scoring power all over the ground and plenty of campaigner to boot.

Teamsheets - Draft Comp (2).png

What Dory_77 says:

Starting from the backline, I've got some great stoppers (Glass, Taylor), mean bastards (Hardwick, Guerra) and expert seagulls (Birchall, Haynes). They're flexible to cover the biggest bigs, smallest smalls, and middest mid-sizers (or mid-quality, as is the case with 'Legs' lineup). Glass will have Cameron in his pocket all game and wily old Harry Taylor could easily sort out Scott Lucas. Might even throw him to CHF late for a goal just to ice it. The raaaaaaaaaaaking left boots of Birchall and Guerra will set up some delicious rebound 50s with laser precision from the backline. Hardwick adds some dash, and Mattner can switch back from the wing for even more run and carry from defence. Bluelegs' forwards will be blueballed by half-time, so denied of any action they'll be by this group.

Across the midfield, a similar vibe. Each player is tough and courageous, but also has plenty of skill to hurt the opposition with the ball. Jones is all heart, in and under to win the hard balls and won't start bleeding at the first sight of trouble like Selwood. Swanny will outwork any opponent around the ball and push forward for a snag or two if he so wishes. Ditto Roo, who can spell up forward to add more scoring power after putting on a clinic against his '03 Brownlow comrade Goodesy. Kelly offers outside speed and class without being a wuss and can comfortably win his own ball. Mattner more workmanlike, but will bust arse all day to cover the field for the team. Off the bench is more of the same - Ward can play anywhere across the middle and do it well; Dicky D a very sharp mid and HFF rotation who loves a snag. While Nic Nat might win more hitouts than Ottens and kick some amazing behinds (as in the score, not in the figurative sense), he'll be outwitted by the sly old cat as Otto slinks forward to stretch the defence and add more firepower up front.

Speaking of, the forward line is lead by the best Josh Kennedy in AFL-VFL history (even among those drafted pre-1990!). Andrews was undone in a GF by Billy ****ing Frampton, what hope does he have here? JJK eying at least 10 goals. AT LEAST. Even if noodle-arms Andrews gets a fist in (unlikely) little Jeffy will be there to feast on the crumbs. Dan Bradshaw adds grunt as the second tall, he'll relish putting his knee through those softies Croad and Enright. Lecras adds class and accuracy and is a threat in the air or on the deck. ROK another tough prick who'd happily pummel his defender into the deck with a tackle then slot the resulting free kick cool as a cucumber. Also a handy mid. Byrnes (this is the 2013 pre-season intra-club 20&5 version btw) adds pace, pressure and goal nous. Can also cause disarray in the opposition ranks by sending out fake messages from the bench. Genius.

The last two off the bench are wild cards. Chick can fill in across any line as needed, as a shutdown player or to add some extra spark. Harley Bennell may well only last 15 minutes on the field, but that's enough time to dob0 4 goals, 3 goal assists and tear every fibre in both calf. Talk about an impact player!

In short, gg Bluelegs, but you've been outdone.

Another couple of cracking write-ups and teams. Poll will remain open for 24 hours.

Winner: Bluelegs (56.3%)

Last edited:

Scythe94 might need to check the stats on Legs' team - don't think it's possible to have 249 club goalkicking awards since 1990, unless you've made some nefarious deal to include 1989 and earlier!

Also denying ROK's Norm Smith in the team stats!

CFL STRIKES AGAIN! :madv1::madv1::madv1::madv1:

(Seriously though, love the work you've put into this whole comp and the team displays! Thank you)

Scythe94 might need to check the stats on Legs' team - don't think it's possible to have 249 club goalkicking awards since 1990, unless you've made some nefarious deal to include 1989 and earlier!

Also denying ROK's Norm Smith in the team stats!

CFL STRIKES AGAIN! :madv1::madv1::madv1::madv1:

(Seriously though, love the work you've put into this whole comp and the team displays! Thank you)
Ah bloody hell. Fixed!

And no worries, glad everyone has enjoyed (thank god these are the last teamsheets lol).

If Legs had put an apology for the Reid pick in his write up I was gonna vote for him but I dont see one, I just see him bragging about destroying Melbourne's midfield which happens on a weekly basis.

If Legs had put an apology for the Reid pick in his write up I was gonna vote for him but I dont see one, I just see him bragging about destroying Melbourne's midfield which happens on a weekly basis.
Bookmarking this so I can laugh at you in ten years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just an FYI, once this poll closes and Round 1 concludes, I'll post the results and updated bracket. Round 2 will start tomorrow at 10:00 am :)

Just an FYI, once this poll closes and Round 1 concludes, I'll post the results and updated bracket. Round 2 will start tomorrow at 10:00 am :)
The poll is closed already though, right?

The poll is closed already though, right?
1723604855104.png
Each poll runs for 24 hours – this one is still going as I wasn't able to post until 3ish yesterday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Melbourne Board AFL-Wide (1990 Onwards) Fantasy Draft Comp – Winner: Demon Attack!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back