Certified Legendary Thread Melbourne Board AFL-Wide (1990 Onwards) Fantasy Draft Comp – Winner: Demon Attack!

Remove this Banner Ad

Results: Grand Final New
Congratulations to Demon Attack (73.3%), a worthy winner of the Fantasy Draft Comp!

Bracket (6).png

Demon Attack your badge will be organised soon. Thanks everbody for playing, this thread was the most fun I've had on BF in a long time :love:

Last edited:
Results: Round 1 and Bracket: Round 2 New
Hi all,

Here is the bracket for Round 1.

Wednesday 7 August: Young Redleg vs. schmuttt
Thursday 8 August: Johnny Karate vs. Topkent
Friday 9 August: Theseventhhamster vs. A11dAtP0w3R
Saturday 10 August: Scythe94 vs. Crimson Azure
Sunday 11 August: Toump Ass vs. Headless
Monday 12 August: Dancing Potato vs. Demon Attack
Tuesday 13 August: Bluelegs vs. Dory_77

Round 2: Wednesday 14 August – Friday 16 August
Round 3: Saturday 17 August – Sunday 18 August
Round 4 (Final): Monday 19 August

As mentioned previously, due to the size of the bracket (i.e. not having 16), the poster with the biggest winning margin in Round 1 (in terms of vote percentage) will advance directly to Round 3 of the competition.

An anonymous poll will be posted in this thread at 10:00 am AEST on each matchday and will remain open for 24 hours. Both teamsheet graphics for the respective matchup will be posted on the day.

See you tomorrow for the first clash!
Round 1 Results:

Game 1: Young Redleg (61.1%) def schmuttt (38.9%)
Game 2: Johnny Karate (31.6%) def by Topkent (68.4%)
Game 3: Theseventhhamster (25.0%) def by A11dAtP0w3R (75.0%)
Game 4: Scythe94 (83.3%) def Crimson Azure (16.7%)
Game 5: Toump Ass (40.0%) def by Headless (60.0%)
Game 6: Dancing Potato (31.6%) def by Demon Attack (68.4%)
Game 7: Bluelegs (56.3%) def Dory_77 (43.8%)

Congrats to all the winners, and commiserations to all those who won't be moving on. You all drafted excellent teams.

Round 2 Bracket:

As mentioned previously, the poster with the largest Round 1 win skips straight to Round 2. Somewhat embarrasingly, that poster is yours truly on this occasion :embarrassedv1:

Bracket (3).png

Round 2 Schedule:

Game 1: Young Redleg vs. Topkent (Thursday)
Game 2: A11dAtP0w3R vs. Headless (Friday)
Game 3: Demon Attack vs. Bluelegs (Saturday)

Forgot to mention – those who are still alive in the comp, you can either have me repost your previous write-up, or you can submit something new. Up to you :)

I will submit a new one, very tough opponent this week. Time to drag Les down to my level and proudly say that looked like an A11 poll when I lose 3 votes to 4.
The important thing is that we play an engaging style of anonymous poll.

Looking forward to the "How many votes did Les get? 😯" all the votes video.
Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

Round 2, Game 1: Young Redleg vs. Topkent New
Round 2, Game 1: Young Redleg vs. Topkent

Young Redleg.png

What Young Redleg says:
I think that my team looks well-structured and balanced for the following reasons:

Defensive Strength- With players like Nick Vlastuin, Craig Bolton, and Michael Johnson in the backline, the team has a strong defensive unit. These players are known for their solid marking, defensive skills, and ability to read the play well. Not to mention that Glenn Archer adds a lot of toughness to the defense.

Midfield Power: Brad Hill and Karl Amon are two genuine wingmen and add heaps of speed and agility, while James Kelly offers veteran presence and ball-winning ability. The inclusion of Ben Cousins and Leigh Montagna midfield adds another great layer to the midfield as they were both known for their exceptional workrate.

What's most important that all these mids will be supplied by Aaron Sandilands, a 4× All Australian.

Forward Line Ability: Eddie Betts, Travis Cloke, and Chris Tarrant are all sharp front of goals. Betts is known for his freakish goal sense, Cloke for his marking power, and Tarrant for his consistent presence in the forward 50.

Balanced Ruck Division: Aaron Sandilands in the ruck provides a significant height advantage and exceptional hit-out skills, complemented by Ben Cousins' and Leigh Montagna's ability to win the ball around the ground.

Interchange: The interchange players all add flexibility. Lewis brings leadership and experience, Walker adds versatility, Cooney contributes with his ball-winning ability and hard running, and Ball can provide solid midfield support.

Topkent.png

What Topkent says:
First off I promise to think about being nice to you all if you vote for me for 1 hour you woke donkey flogs

Chaddest spine in it, Jacko ALPHA, May ALPHA, Brown ALPHA, Neitz ALPHA

They'll just club dorks like Riewoldt and Darling to death.

The magic of Darryl White and his one handed marks, The laser kicking skills of Gilbee and and the lockdown rebound of Stiffy. Smart to take first crack at the FB while Jacko prowls the for intercepts like a horny cougar.

Class across the middle line with Dal Santo, Burgoyne and Murphy. Both directions, pure skills and not a wasted disposal between them.

Big Johnno brown punching froffies and goals with Neita in the square behind him ready to kill Luke McCabe if he strolls onto the field.
The pure class of Robbie Gray moving in and out of the midfield and destroying some spud 1-1 or dragging them up field to give the 4th choice to Jamie Elliot to take a hanger on.
If in some miracle the ball was to trickle to the deck, Shai Bolton after dominating on ball swoops on a loosey and bags number 8.
That's if there's any opponents left after Byron murders them with a neck breaking shirt front.

When the ball goes back to the middle and they've just about had enough, big mummy's on the prowl for some ribs for dinner.

Vote 1 TK

Poll will remain open for 24 hours.

Winner: Topkent (55.6%)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't believe you've missed this Proper Gander. Such fun
Yeah I did enjoy the one that Less arranged with just Melbourne players drafted from 1990. I nearly won too with Lyndon Dunn as my fullback.

Yeah I did enjoy the one that Less arranged with just Melbourne players drafted from 1990. I nearly won too with Lyndon Dunn as my fullback.
Could have used some of this awesome advice a couple of days ago. :sadv1:

There's been a few requests to do a current player draft, so that'll be the next comp

Could have used some of this awesome advice a couple of days ago. :sadv1:
Does anyone remember the time we pushed him out to have OMac as our great hope going forward?

No. I don’t remember either

schmuttt – change it now, then I'll lock again.

All votes have been locked throughout so that people don't change in order to manipulate results.

schmuttt – change it now, then I'll lock again.

All votes have been locked throughout so that people don't change in order to manipulate results.
If people want to they can still do that prior to voting.

If people want to they can still do that prior to voting.
It's been how each poll has been set up so far, not changing it now.

Was originally so that people couldn't manipulate margins (votes are hidden until you lodge).

I voted wrong a few times now, I'm basically Jack Billings lining up for goal with zero pressure, you don't know where it's gonna go.

It's been how each poll has been set up so far, not changing it now.

Was originally so that people couldn't manipulate margins (votes are hidden until you lodge).
I voted wrong a few times now, I'm basically Jack Billings lining up for goal with zero pressure, you don't know where it's gonna go.
Didn't suggest you change it. Still easy to do if people want is all I'm saying.

I did once too Toump, wouldn't have changed the final result or margin so left it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Melbourne Board AFL-Wide (1990 Onwards) Fantasy Draft Comp – Winner: Demon Attack!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back