Certified Legendary Thread Melbourne Board AFL-Wide (1990 Onwards) Fantasy Draft Comp – Winner: Demon Attack!

Remove this Banner Ad

Results: Grand Final New
Congratulations to Demon Attack (73.3%), a worthy winner of the Fantasy Draft Comp!

Bracket (6).png

Demon Attack your badge will be organised soon. Thanks everbody for playing, this thread was the most fun I've had on BF in a long time :love:

Last edited:
Elite mindgames
Trying to trash talk Les' team is a backfire, he's so loved by everyone that it's like shooting bambi, I'd get flogged by more. You need to fight each battle differently.

Trying to trash talk Les' team is a backfire, he's so loved by everyone that it's like shooting bambi, I'd get flogged by more. You need to fight each battle differently.
1259744.jpg

The Simpsons GIF

Scythe needs to get his priorities right, this should have closed 1/2 hour ago. 👏 congrats Les. Best of luck for the remainder of the comp.
1000017700.jpg
The wonders of automation. Next matchup soon

Round 2, Game 3: Demon Attack vs. Bluelegs New
Round 2, Game 3: Demon Attack vs. Bluelegs

1000017451.png

What Demon Attack says:

DEMON ATTACK FC x AFL 360

Gerard: "I'm Gerard Whateley and this is Mark Robinson and this Saturday night it's footy from all angles. Hello Robbo."

Robbo: "Hello Gerard....what a week. Draft comps hey. Wow. Grzzzirit. So much to discusshst."

Gerard: "Yes. And we'll start with the big matchup this week. Demon Attack FC v Bluelegs. Plenty of hype around this bout, it promises to be quite the spectacle."

Robbo(writing furiously): "Yes. A spectacular spectacles. Good word that. Gah I just love it. Because they were questioned. We all asked questions. I know I did. Demon Attack FC... Who are ya? Well? Are you BaliDemon? Or just some nobody from nowhere? And boy have they answered."

Gerard: "Let's delve into the nitty gritty of this matchup."

Robbo: "Nah mate don't be a w***er. It's all about emotions. And feelings. And men being men. Now I'm not a psycholotrist but if I knocked ya teeth out you what would ya do about it? Well? Because it's coming! I hope Bluelegs knows it."

Gerard: "It's just so intriguing. Ablett v Selwood. Modra v Andrews. Leppitsch v Lucas. It's salivating."

Robbo(flicks through newspaper): "Ohhhh. I can't wait for these champions to go head to head. And that's what they are. Champions. And one thing I know, what I know about champions. They don't stop being champions mate. Ooohhhhhh I can't wait. Do we have some footage?"

Gerard: "We've been inundated with still images from The Simpsons, so no footage tonight."

Robbo: "That's a shame. I prefer nature docos. I like watching the big cats hunt."

Gerard: "That's a nice segue. How will the big cats of Demon Attack FC up forward be stopped this week?"

Robbo(shuffles papers): "Arghhhhh is that on the rundown? I was late today. It's just....a contest but who knows. Who can say. But I'll tell ya Gerard. I'll tell ya. We will know soon. We will. You can't deny it. And I can't wait. Have you been on a Segway?"

Gerard: "No I havent. But it's fascinating. Difficult to imagine that forward line being stopped."

Robbo: "I'll stop ya mate. The AFL....no. Bigfooty...do they know what they have here? With this draft. What an event."

Gerard: "And what about Bluelegs?"

Robbo(gesticulating wildly): "DID HE WET THE BED? I tell ya, I said this once, I was on the phone...."(head in hands)"arghhhhhh don't.... won't....I say. Why? Why Gerard! Can you answer that?"

Gerard: "No I can not. What's your prediction?"

Robbo: "Geez. Don't make me. Mate. Okay. I think Demon Attack FC will do it. Get the win. I love it. Dustin Fletcher... Essendon legend. Argh. How do they not?"

Gerard: "Yeah I believe too. Demon Attack FC are too well structured. Just better on each line. Impenetrable defence, dynamic midfield, and the scoring power up forward. I expect them to do it again. And now to Real or Overreaction. @Headless is the nicest person."

Robbo: "REAL!"

1000017713.png

What Bluelegs says:

Starting with the backline I have a powerful mix of attacking guns and defensive nous in Shaw, McLeod, Enright and McVeigh who will kill you with speed and laser kicks. While my two key pillars may not have the same aura as some of the others in the comp Harris Andrews and Trent Croad will mark everything. Andrews is like Jake Lever if Jake Lever could actually beat an opponent. And Croad will sit on the forwards heads only to go home and post rumours about him and his wife at 4am on BigFooty. If the opposition has a third tall, look no further than the ever-reliable Leigh Brown off the pine to take on an opposition gorilla, give a pinch hit in the ruck and a death-grip and stare down that would make even Don Pyke think ‘that’s a bit much’.

If there’s one word to describe my midfield it’s ‘versatility’. Goodes is an explosive beast who can win in the air, on the ground and make any player chasing him look like Clayton Oliver running after Zak Butters. Kennedy is wonderfully balanced, and if the chips are down Selwood will go to another level to get this team over the line. Meanwhile, Nic Nat will smash any ruck with his vertical leap and become an extra midfielder right after. Not to mention the wings, with one of the best of the last decade in Sidebottom, and the up and coming Walsh who gets better every year.

Up forward Cameron and Lucas will be running rings around their opponents and kicking bags. Greene will go studs up in a marking contest then lace out goals from impossible angles. If the ball hits the deck, Wells and Papley run riot. And while Croads taking screamers at one end, Burton will be at his high flying best at the other.

To top it off I’ve got Vince who can help out the midfield and kick some absolute pearlers from outside 50, Rich who can pretty much boot the thing the length of the field and release Mcleod to another line. Finally, Reid, who some may think isn't worthy of this competition just because his balls haven't dropped yet, is still one of the most ready-made pure footballers to ever hit the comp. He also single-handedly smashed Melbourne’s multi-million-dollar midfield a few months ago. How can you not love the guy?

This side is filled with penetrative kicks and explosive talent with scoring power all over the ground and plenty of campaigner to boot.

Poll will remain open for 24 hours.

Winner: Demon Attack (72.2%)

Last edited:
Scythe needs to get his priorities right, this should have closed 1/2 hour ago. 👏 congrats Les. Best of luck for the remainder of the comp.
Good game, A11 - and thanks. 🤝

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Btw, updated bracket will be posted today, and semi-finals will start tomorrow (just to give people time to do write-ups etc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Melbourne Board AFL-Wide (1990 Onwards) Fantasy Draft Comp – Winner: Demon Attack!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back