Certified Legendary Thread Melbourne Board AFL-Wide (1990 Onwards) Fantasy Draft Comp – Winner: Demon Attack!

Remove this Banner Ad

Results: Grand Final New
Congratulations to Demon Attack (73.3%), a worthy winner of the Fantasy Draft Comp!

Bracket (6).png

Demon Attack your badge will be organised soon. Thanks everbody for playing, this thread was the most fun I've had on BF in a long time :love:

Last edited:
We doing current players yeah?

Are we defining current as any player still on an AFL list? Might have some players retiring mid-draft if we do it now?
Yeah, current players.

A way around that could be picking a team as if they were going to play a game tomorrow? (not including injuries etc obviously)

So more basing it off current ability, rather than careers. Topkent would probably be the only one who tries to pick a retiring/retired player then 😅

We doing current players yeah?

Are we defining current as any player still on an AFL list? Might have some players retiring mid-draft if we do it now?
The Melbourne nuff will hit peak levels.

Thoughts Toump Ass?

Yeah, current players.

A way around that could be picking a team as if they were going to play a game tomorrow? (not including injuries etc obviously)

So more basing it off current ability, rather than careers. Topkent would probably be the only one who tries to pick a retiring/retired player then 😅
Already got my sights on Darren Jarman.

Yeah, current players.

Stuart Maxfield please

I've been trying to work out how to do this, but am not really familiar with the behind-the-scenes of the sim.
Surely its just a matter of putting the teams sheets into it and it does the rest? IDK but cant imagine it would be too complicated.

Mobbs can you confirm?
The Qooty sim? Ahh yeah in general you put teams in and play a game.
However its a bit confusing - got to create a league (even a dummy league) before you can create a team.
Also have to know to tell it its a non-fixtured match etc - a couple of little bits and bobs.
And its my amateur coding using a decades-obsolete programming language so its not exactly user-friendly.
Yell out if you need some more understanding.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks mate, no Headless understands now, he will sort it out this arvo.
Just ran the sim. Your team went through without winning a game. :sadv1:

However its a bit confusing - got to create a league (even a dummy league) before you can create a team.
Also have to know to tell it its a non-fixtured match etc - a couple of little bits and bobs.
And its my amateur coding using a decades-obsolete programming language so its not exactly user-friendly.
Better idea, how about you just do it for us.... Please.

Thanks Mobbs. That all seems pretty clear.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Melbourne Board AFL-Wide (1990 Onwards) Fantasy Draft Comp – Winner: Demon Attack!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back