News Melbourne's Next Coach - Roos for 2-3 years with a succession plan

WHO DO YOU WANT?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a long hard think about the coaching situation and think i would prefer Choco over Roos. Neil Craig has shown that the dees best footy is attacking footy, which we also had under Bailiey. Craig has tweaked the gameplan, so we are also accountable, but are keen to hurt sides on the turnover (which is the current trend in modern gameplans). Roos defensive mindset may not get any better result than Neeld as this group are just not suited to playing that style.
I think i would prefer to save the cash and either give Craig a 1 year contract or get Choco at a third of the cost of Roos.

This is why we need a level-headed panel that understands our list and can determine the type of coach we need. I still think Roos is the best option but you're absolutely right we need the coach to fit the list.

Not sure a one year deal would do much to instill confidence in Craig if he got it. It might seem to him like a whole season in 'caretaker mode'. I can see some of the logic behind it, but we have to back the club and the selection panel to get the choice right and give the coach a bit of leeway to perform. I know we all want good results, but they won't necessarily come from one preseason.

While I'm extremely excited about our last two weeks of footy, I think declaring Craig our next coach purely off the back of these performances is a bit myopic. If half of the rumours about Neeld's relationship with the players are true then it could have been any coach that came in and showed this kind of improvement. Don't forget that in the last two weeks we've played 15th and 16th on the ladder. The next two weeks (Syd and Geel) will tell us a lot more about Craig and the transformation of the players than the last two.

I agree in some ways, who knows whether a more successful coach could get even more out of the players??

I do think that another 4 wins (ie. greatly exceeding expectations) would see Craigy have a solid chance of retaining the job.

I'm not being reactive, but we could do worse than Craig. I would prefer him to Choco.

He's got half a season to show what he's got. If he shows something we'd have to consider him.

Something is definitely up, people are saying he bought a property in Perth too....

Not only is something up... but that something doesn't add up!

Rich people buy property all over the place. Real Estate is the best investment in the world.

Rich people buy property all over the place. Real Estate is the best investment in the world.

yeah my Syria investments have gone great guns . But seriously ,people trying to put 1 + 1 = next coach are pissing in the wind , or just trying to be the " I told you so" person .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On Paul Roos coaching, do we really want someone who coached a team that Bailey's boys could beat by 12 goals?

;)

Oh wait, Bailey's boys beat Craig's Crows by 16 goals.

:oops:

Looks like Eade is the man, we never beat the Dogs.

Its the best investment in the world in Australia. Anything a prospective coach says before he's actually hired/not hired, I would take with a whole salt flat.

Tom Scully bought a property in Melbourne in 2011, as much as some people thought this was an idication he would stay a dee, it was ironically the opposite. A betting plunge like this certainly means something, I was not buying into the Roos talk only 2 weeks ago, but ever since Neeld got the axe, his comments are becoming less, 'I'm not coaching' and more 'I'll have a think about it'.

With those odds there is certainly something to it. Expect this will be as poor kept a secret as Malthouse to Carlton last year.

Potentially it's just a billionaire Demons fan who has just finished reading The Secret. If he believes Roos will be our next coach, and he puts enough money on it, surely it becomes true???

Potentially it's just a billionaire Demons fan who has just finished reading The Secret. If he believes Roos will be our next coach, and he puts enough money on it, surely it becomes true???

Surely he'd realise the secret was a load of shit after wishing we'd win all these years.

Surely he'd realise the secret was a load of shit after wishing we'd win all these years.

No, he's only just finished reading it.

If Dees can find a couple of quality mids then the new Coach won't need to have a defensive game plan, Dees will have the best forward line of all teams and a very capable back line. Things can change fairly quickly

Maybe he should just dump all that money in front of Roos' door and give him a pen to sign the contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back