News Melbourne's Next Coach - Roos for 2-3 years with a succession plan

WHO DO YOU WANT?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree to some capacity, although i would think that someone like Roos or Williams etc would demand more respect. If you have a coach who has achieved the ultimate goal in football then you believe in his ability to take you there....Neeld and Baily said they couls but never convinced the players that they actually could

Ideally Craig will stay on with whoever gets the gig anyway, as he's contracted to us as an assistant.

A Roos/Craig team would get us a very disciplined side, you'd think.

A Williams/Craig team is my preference though, South Aussie icons, a nice contrast in styles and personality too - but both clearly "players coaches".

I like the idea of some sort of 'dream team' coaching set up but wonder if it would bring too many egos into the box. Craig obviously seemed quite happy under Neeld though, and Choco is doing a similar thing at the Tiges. Could work, if we get the right mix.

I reckon Choco and Craig would know eachother pretty well, there's probably a decent amount of respect there.

Reality is all of Williams, Roos and Choco have crafted some pretty amazing teams.

Three way deal: Roos to Bris, Vossy to STK, Cuddles Watters to the Dees?
There is no way we are taking a guy that has coached 24 games...Especially a guy who's team has gone backwards since he has been there, if that was the case we might aswell of kept Neeld

And not sure thats a 3 way deal, it would mean Roos was our to start with and if he was we wouldn't be sending him your way. Williams, Eade or Craig would be getting a call if you guys land Roos.

Overall I think Choco would be your best bet. However if things keep going the way they are then Craig will do a Roos at Sydney: get so close to the players through improved performance that you wouldn't want to rip him out and make them start again with someone else. And while his finals record at Adelaide wasn't great, with respect I suspect what you're looking for atm isn't a finals record but the ability to build a supportive culture and get the players playing well together. Both of which Craig did a great job of at the Crows.

Overall I think Choco would be your best bet. However if things keep going the way they are then Craig will do a Roos at Sydney: get so close to the players through improved performance that you wouldn't want to rip him out and make them start again with someone else. And while his finals record at Adelaide wasn't great, with respect I suspect what you're looking for atm isn't a finals record but the ability to build a supportive culture and get the players playing well together. Both of which Craig did a great job of at the Crows.

I would like to see a Williams/Craig coaching panel. Williams as head coach and Craig director of coaching...I would like to keep Craig on but still feel Williams will be a better option.

One question? Do you guys think he held onto the veterans on your list too long ? I do remember you guys had 3-4-5 blokes over 30 running around at the same time , of course we decided to go down the track of removing anyone over 25

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The more I hear about Craig (i.e. the whisperings in the Watts thread) the more he's growing on me. Wonder if all the players have the same high level of respect for him?
Many at Adelaide will tell you how much of a great people person NC is, from what I've heard the Crows players loved him. I was stoked to get him to our football club.

We could do a lot worse than Neil, if improvement continues I think it could be whether he wants to coach or not.

Ideally Craig will stay on with whoever gets the gig anyway, as he's contracted to us as an assistant.

A Roos/Craig team would get us a very disciplined side, you'd think.

A Williams/Craig team is my preference though, South Aussie icons, a nice contrast in styles and personality too - but both clearly "players coaches".

Not sure what I think about the Roos vs Williams comparison at this point, but would absolutely love either of these two outcomes.

Very tempted to stick with Craig. Our players are actually playing for him, and now we have seen they can do so against good teams. Need to see until the end of the year though, but if they are playing well for Craig I think it'd be an unnecessary risk to go for another coach, even if an experienced one.

Very tempted to stick with Craig. Our players are actually playing for him, and now we have seen they can do so against good teams. Need to see until the end of the year though, but if they are playing well for Craig I think it'd be an unnecessary risk to go for another coach, even if an experienced one.

If we can't land Roos, then i'm really warming to the idea of craig taking over. He will have a 12 month head start to turn things around, than on any other coach we appoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back