Analysis Members forum night 24/5

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys. Long time lurker, first time poster.

A few things on my mind: Ashcroft's comments regarding recruitment and trades for next season, I think we should take with a grain of salt. I can't remember his exact comments in previous off-season but I remember it was along the lines of recruiting heavily, to which we only really signed Grant and Rosa. Thought that was poor from him. So yeah...everything he says from now on I'd take caution in. Just wish we would have signed Stevie J and got a better draft pick!

Talking about our injured list, yes it's a horror show right now but against Lions, North, Cats and Demons we still had majority of our team playing and had putrid results. No excuses. I just reckon a lot of our players didn't have a crack through that period. That being said, the signs were there against Crows and once the troops are back look out saints/lions in our upcoming back-to-back home games after the bye.

With no more injuries and the troops back I'm tipping a late season resurgence. Can't wait to see us full strength if only for a couple of games. Won't be playing finals but heading into season 2017 will give us fans some hope and might help persuade a few of the mids in staying on.

Looks like they have pencilled Jaeger back for the game v Hawks?

A few things on my mind: Ashcroft's comments regarding recruitment and trades for next season, I think we should take with a grain of salt. I can't remember his exact comments in previous off-season but I remember it was along the lines of recruiting heavily, to which we only really signed Grant and Rosa. Thought that was poor from him. So yeah...everything he says from now on I'd take caution in. Just wish we would have signed Stevie J and got a better draft pick!

Talking about our injured list, yes it's a horror show right now but against Lions, North, Cats and Demons we still had majority of our team playing and had putrid results. No excuses. I just reckon a lot of our players didn't have a crack through that period. That being said, the signs were there against Crows and once the troops are back look out saints/lions in our upcoming back-to-back home games after the bye.

With no more injuries and the troops back I'm tipping a late season resurgence. Can't wait to see us full strength if only for a couple of games. Won't be playing finals but heading into season 2017 will give us fans some hope and might help persuade a few of the mids in staying on.

Welcome, and also, I concur, looking forward to us having a full strength team ASAP.

I was suppose to turn up to this but I forgot to tell the boss I needed to leave early so when I brought it to his attention I got big fat no.... However after watching the 20 minute video I took away that rocket has past his expiration date trying to say even though we lost by 80 the effort was there and that's what matters. Unfortunately new paying members/patrons don't care about effort they care about wins!!!!

We live in a city where there too much to do on the weekends without going to the footy, so we can't afford to bottom out otherwise it could be game over within 10 years. There is reason every sports team that's ever been on the Gold Coast has folded.

We were promised a championship team, we had the 2015 vision and it never developed so heads must roll a shake up must happen. It's time for Ashcroft to step aside because he obviously not fulfilling his role in which he is paid to do and yes I understand injuries have played a big part in what has happened over the last 6 weeks but clearly it's the behind the scenes people that need to be held accountable.

Ohh by the way if you were one of those people who put their hand up and said we need to play this way, not handball as much ect. You are a ******

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
by the way we don't need to handball as much

Wow! you were able to get all that from a 20 min video..... good for you!.
However, I liked the fact that the effort was there and yes, the people on the Gold Coast have a lot to occupy them on the weekends, so if they don't want to go to the footy, that's their choice. And if they choose to head elsewhere, then they probably aren't footy followers anyway. Sure, we'd like more wins, but let me ask you, how would your mighty Cleveland Cavaliers be travelling, if they lost 3 of their starting 5, for the majority of their season. I'm sure you'd still follow them.
And that's what we at The Suns need, people to stay fat thru good and bad. Yes , we have problems and maybe Ashcroft is a part of that, I have no idea if he is or he isn't , but Rocket took over a basket case, and it won't get any better in 18 months, not with the injury list that we have. So what I'm saying to you is, if you're a true blue supporter of the Suns, then do just that......support as best you can......however if you cant see anything but negativity, then p*ss off and throw your weight behind that overseas team that you're so fond of, and leave us supporters to get on with it...
If you're wondering after Lebron left in 2010 I did watch majority of the games Cleveland played in just lucky he came back. Trust me it was painful when our best players were mo Williams, Jameson and Anthony Parker and truth be told when we picked up Anthony Bennett instead of Norlans Noel (in hindsight he is just as bad but at the time was the clear number 1) With the first pick I put a shoe through my wall.

The Suns are no different I have the same passion however there isn't too many of us on the Gold Coast. In the words of tony Ireland of the Sydney swans we can afford to bottom out. I fear if we don't make a change in the coaching departments we can kiss good bye to O'merea and Prestia with no real proven talent to replace them. If the 50-50 people don't see wins on the board, don't expect them to turn up and watch.

A famous quote by courier mail reporter crash craddick "qlders are a funny bunch there is always that 10,000 who support their team thick and thin and the rest are floaters which switch sports depending on who's winning"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A famous quote by courier mail reporter crash craddick "qlders are a funny bunch there is always that 10,000 who support their team thick and thin and the rest are floaters which switch sports depending on who's winning"
I read this in his voice imagining him using his hands to further his point :p

Not sure we had the majority of our team against North, Geelong and Melbourne. No Rischitelli, May, Thompson, OMeara, Swallow, McKenzie. Prestia & Saad missed games in there as well. I hate using injuries as an excuse more than anyone, but the truth is we have them and more importantly don't have any real depth to cover them. Welcome aboard.

Guys watch the video on Jaeger joining the main group today he looked like a schoolboy he was so happy, bit of a moment between him and Rocket as he ran on, then watching him kick, turn, handball, sell some candy it reminds you how damn good he was and what we have been missing - there was plenty of love from the boys on the field and he sure didn't speak like a guy that had mentally checked out - watch it, it will give you plenty of positive vibe for what's to come
http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/news/2016-05-26/another-small-step-forward-for-jaeger

You're spot on there Bazza. He is a classy kid who's had a decent upbringing by the looks of it, just from listening to him speak. I believe he's a responsible young fella who values integrity. So here's my gut feel.
If he gets back to playing some decent footy this year and it would appear he's not far from taking that first step, then I believe he will sign an extension to his contract. It may only be for one year but I believe that will be enough for him to feel that he's paid his dues. It will then be up to the Club to do everything right, in his eyes, and getting the new facilities up and running will be a big help, and if all is well with the world, he will then entertain the idea of signing a 4-5 yr contract.

I would dearly love for that to happen.......

Guys watch the video on Jaeger joining the main group today he looked like a schoolboy he was so happy, bit of a moment between him and Rocket as he ran on, then watching him kick, turn, handball, sell some candy it reminds you how damn good he was and what we have been missing - there was plenty of love from the boys on the field and he sure didn't speak like a guy that had mentally checked out - watch it, it will give you plenty of positive vibe for what's to come
http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/news/2016-05-26/another-small-step-forward-for-jaeger

I might have shed a little tear when I saw O'Meara to Wright

You're spot on there Bazza. He is a classy kid who's had a decent upbringing by the looks of it, just from listening to him speak. I believe he's a responsible young fella who values integrity. So here's my gut feel.
If he gets back to playing some decent footy this year and it would appear he's not far from taking that first step, then I believe he will sign an extension to his contract. It may only be for one year but I believe that will be enough for him to feel that he's paid his dues. It will then be up to the Club to do everything right, in his eyes, and getting the new facilities up and running will be a big help, and if all is well with the world, he will then entertain the idea of signing a 4-5 yr contract.

I would dearly love for that to happen.......
Of course he's a classy kid - Jaegar originally comes from where my parents used to live. All classy players from here in the West;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I took from the meeting video where Ashcroft talked about players coming back that he was trying to appease the crowd through a false assumption. He stated that injuries had hit us hard in the losses but Hall, Ablett, May and Nicholls would be back this week as if it would stem the flow.
My issue with this comment is Ablett and Hall had been part of 4 of the 5 losses and Nicholls was out of the team as Currie was preferred. So where is the logic that these players returning would stem the flow?

I deal with groups of people everyday and many make excuses for poor results using similar logic then bury their heads until further excuses are needed. If this is what's happening at the Suns then we are ****ed as the hard discussions are still not being had

I took from the meeting video where Ashcroft talked about players coming back that he was trying to appease the crowd through a false assumption. He stated that injuries had hit us hard in the losses but Hall, Ablett, May and Nicholls would be back this week as if it would stem the flow.
My issue with this comment is Ablett and Hall had been part of 4 of the 5 losses and Nicholls was out of the team as Currie was preferred. So where is the logic that these players returning would stem the flow?

I deal with groups of people everyday and many make excuses for poor results using similar logic then bury their heads until further excuses are needed. If this is what's happening at the Suns then we are stuffed as the hard discussions are still not being had
You are right, the issue is a cultural one throughout the management of the club and in addition through the player group which seems to have started to be addressed, I don't think there is much accountability through the coaching staff and football manager as they are all towing the injury line hard and fast - Cochrane I think is going to have to identify some bad eggs in the management, operational side and fire and hire to make some examples and effect a step change in the business.

The big lie or "assumption" behind the reasoning and spin is based on the fact that all these players come back miraculously from this week on and we don't lose any further top 22 players to injury. Why if we are consistently losing a couple every week to injuries which are supposedly "impact based" would it stop all of a sudden

Remove this Banner Ad

Back