Membership 2016 tally

Remove this Banner Ad

Membership total 54,110 ( last year same time 50,424) up by 3,686 :thumbsu:

cut off at Xmas last year we were at 55,316

What shit?
The pissing contest. That's the shit.
what we really need to ask is what's your point?
My point is, last year this thread got highjacked by supporters of other clubs who turned it into a pissing comp. there were pages of sh!t between them & us. It got boring & pathetic.

So, as I posted previously, if people want to know/mention other clubs then start a thread for that. Then this thread can be enjoyed by those of us who don't give a fat rats arse about other clubs

Do you now get my point ?

The pissing contest. That's the shit.

My point is, last year this thread got highjacked by supporters of other clubs who turned it into a pissing comp. there were pages of sh!t between them & us. It got boring & pathetic.

So, as I posted previously, if people want to know/mention other clubs then start a thread for that. Then this thread can be enjoyed by those of us who don't give a fat rats arse about other clubs

Do you now get my point ?
No, how we are comparing to other clubs is entirely relevant, what's wrong with us talking about it and the occasional jealous other supporter chiming in?

Your not getting the point, nor do you want to.
You clearly love the pissing contest, so go for it

As opposed to the pissing contest about how much you hate pissing contests?

We get it, you don't like comparing to other clubs. Some people do, so they're going to. Just ignore them.

Forging ahead to 54,753, we now appear to be over 2,500 ahead of our closest rival but I can't provide further details as it may be perceived a s pissing contest.

For the rest of us that revel in the glory, this confirms the juggernaut we are in relation to historical powerhouses basking in past glories. We must be around 4,000 ahead of same time last year so can we crack 80,000?????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forging ahead to 54,753, we now appear to be over 2,500 ahead of our closest rival but I can't provide further details as it may be perceived a s pissing contest.

For the rest of us that revel in the glory, this confirms the juggernaut we are in relation to historical powerhouses basking in past glories. We must be around 4,000 ahead of same time last year so can we crack 80,000?????

Yay, take that Richmond!

;)

As opposed to the pissing contest about how much you hate pissing contests?

We get it, you don't like comparing to other clubs. Some people do, so they're going to. Just ignore them.
Blaze, I'm not trying to have a pissing contest. I thought my point was clear in my 1st post. Obviously it wasn't to 'theonico'.
As for saying 'we get it' , I wasn't repeating it over & over for you or anyone else. Clearly others got the point 1st time
1 poster didn't.

Same poster thinks he has the right to tell me when to go to sleep. My post may have been at 1:40am his time, but not where I am.
He probably should stick to telling Theo & Nico when to go to bed, & let me decide what lifestyle I lead.

Anyway, it was just a suggestion thrown out there, if posters don't like my suggestion then that's up to them. I'm fine with that. It'd be a pretty boring place if we all agreed all the time.
I'll either put up with the bullsh!t from opposition supporters or I'll check the hawk website for the numbers

If the poster still wants to keep going, then he wins. I'll only be coming here to check the tally. :thumbsu:

Blaze, I'm not trying to have a pissing contest. I thought my point was clear in my 1st post. Obviously it wasn't to 'theonico'.
As for saying 'we get it' , I wasn't repeating it over & over for you or anyone else. Clearly others got the point 1st time
1 poster didn't.

Same poster thinks he has the right to tell me when to go to sleep. My post may have been at 1:40am his time, but not where I am.
He probably should stick to telling Theo & Nico when to go to bed, & let me decide what lifestyle I lead.

Anyway, it was just a suggestion thrown out there, if posters don't like my suggestion then that's up to them. I'm fine with that. It'd be a pretty boring place if we all agreed all the time.
I'll either put up with the bullsh!t from opposition supporters or I'll check the hawk website for the numbers

If the poster still wants to keep going, then he wins. I'll only be coming here to check the tally. :thumbsu:

I'm with you WA Hawk. Wasn't it decided last year that this thread would only relate to Hawthorn numbers?

Not interested in what other clubs memberships are and it's embarrassing that some people are so obsessed with getting above some other clubs that they can't help drawing comparisons all the time, makes us look like we have an inferiority complex. As long as our numbers are growing that's all that's important, the rest will take care of itself.

I'm with you WA Hawk. Wasn't it decided last year that this thread would only relate to Hawthorn numbers?

Not interested in what other clubs memberships are and it's embarrassing that some people are so obsessed with getting above some other clubs that they can't help drawing comparisons all the time, makes us look like we have an inferiority complex. As long as our numbers are growing that's all that's important, the rest will take care of itself.

Decided by who ?? This isn't even your post. And if it was I'm pretty sure no one has any interest in being told what to post. Must be exciting being in charge.

Decided by who ?? This isn't even your post. And if it was I'm pretty sure no one has any interest in being told what to post. Must be exciting being in charge.

Sorry, the mods I thought.

It's got nothing to do with being in charge, it's just about keeping threads on topic.

I agree to a certain extent, but surely we all take a glance at where we sit in comparison to other clubs. Its the competitive beast in us all, we want to win at everything

I agree to a certain extent, but surely we all take a glance at where we sit in comparison to other clubs. Its the competitive beast in us all, we want to win at everything

Fair enough but maybe we can have a separate thread for that, this is the Hawthorn 'Membership tally 2016' thread.

Sorry, the mods I thought.

It's got nothing to do with being in charge, it's just about keeping threads on topic.
Which you are clearly not doing by being obsessed with stifling discussion about our total and talking about pissing contests. You are the one going off topic. Leave us to post about how good our total is and if we refer to other clubs So is our right.

I certainly don't think that highlighting over the course of a week we have gone from second by about 2500 to first by 2500+ and therefore are the current listed leaders in the entire league is off topic. It should be celebrated and encouraged.

Remove this Banner Ad

Membership 2016 tally

Remove this Banner Ad

Back