Membership Numbers

Remove this Banner Ad

We will not be buying any memberships till the board bangs the gold coast idea on the head.

Then AND ONLY THEN We will be purchasing 50 YES 50 MEMBERSHIPS.

If Roos are moving to Gold coast there is no need to buy memberships

Not imposter mate.
been a Roo member for 20 years.

Im stating my view,that if the club folds and moves to gold coast then no more memberhips.
If they stay We will X it by 50.

The board must stand up and say no to the AFL.

Can't argue with that mate. It's just that your lack of club support on your Bigfooty profile that has caused the "imposter" tag.

Not imposter mate.
been a Roo member for 20 years.

Im stating my view,that if the club folds and moves to gold coast then no more memberhips.
If they stay We will X it by 50.

The board must stand up and say no to the AFL.

I'm with you. I WILL NOT purchase a membership if they decide they are going to the GC. My money will be no good for the club if it is to go towards the GC. I won't buy 50 though.....

Sigh... people if you don't buy your membership before the 30 day membership then you arent doing a damned thing to keep us here.

I renewed mine today. If i run into some more money down the track, then I will buy another.

Sigh... people if you don't buy your membership before the 30 day membership then you arent doing a damned thing to keep us here.

I renewed mine today. If i run into some more money down the track, then I will buy another.

Fire,

I belive you are wrong here.

The best thing to do is ring the club,quote them your membership number and tell them you will only renew ,iF the club REJECTS the Gold Coast venture.

Also tell them you are willing to buy extra/upgrade your membership if they stay in melbourne(if you can afford it taht is)

Fire,

The best thing to do is ring the club,quote them your membership number and tell them you will only renew ,iF the club REJECTS the Gold Coast venture.

Also tell them you are willing to buy extra/upgrade your membership if they stay in melbourne(if you can afford it taht is)
I understand your sentiments thenorthernpole, however the club will not relocate before season 2010, should the vote go that way.

The draw is already in place for 2008 and will go ahead as planned.

The best way to stave off reloaction is renew your membership as this provides funds to the club and numbers to argue against relocation.

WE MUST BUY OUR MEMBERSHIPS THIS YEAR IF WE WANT OUR CLUB AROOUND BEYOND 2009.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fire,

I agree with you that I want the club to make the commitment to Melbourne and tell the AFL to f'off and I would like to know what we are doing before I dig into my pockets, however, we do not have the luxury of the time to wait.

I think it is VERY important we get the numbers up now before the cut-off date. If we do not get a lot of support now then sitting on the fence will do us no good. If nobody signs up by 1 December we would have made the decision for them. If we show resistance to the move by coming in force this month then it will send a loud message to the club that we are going to fight it out if they stay here.

Get the memberships and then hit Brayshaw, Aylett, etc and let them know you are digging in but the support is conditional on supporting Melbourne and that they will see nothing should they compromise the club any more. That is the message they need to get.

No way should roos members buy m'ships until the AFL is told to get f***.

No no, your perception is unfortunately what many MANY ex-members seem to think. Can't blame em totally but can to a good extent.

The correct method is to buy a membership so they CAN tell the AFL to get f***. If we don't buy them, why would they tell the AFL to get f***?

Fire,

I belive you are wrong here. The best thing to do is ring the club,quote them your membership number and tell them you will only renew ,iF the club REJECTS the Gold Coast venture. Also tell them you are willing to buy extra/upgrade your membership if they stay in melbourne(if you can afford it that is)

Hi thenortherpole,
I understand your position. However I urge you to buy at least your 2007 number of memberships before the end of the month. Then if the decision we all want is made then buy the extras.

If we relocate, it will be in 2010, and this is the year that NMFC members who won't follow the GC Kangaroos should jump off. This is when we would show the AFL the folly of their decision. "GC - 30k one day 15k the next".

I repeat the pleads. If you aren't going to sign up in protest, please do it before next season, and not this one. If we can sell as many memberships as possible in this 30 day period, we might be able to show the board what we are capable of in terms of membership figures for 2008.

If we decide out of Melborune, then the membership I bought last week will also be my last, and it tears my heart out to admit that.

Membership Projections

Week Ending.....Projection......Actual
9 Nov..............2,000...................... This assumes 1,500 auto renewals
16 Nov.............3,000..................... mail memberships arrive
23 Nov.............4,000
30 Nov.............5,000
7 Dec...............6,000
14 Dec..............7,000
21 Dec..............8,000
28 Dec..............9,000
4 Jan ...............10,000

4 Jan 2006 = 6,224
9 Jan 2005 = 7.735
7 Jan 2004 = 7,729

On one hand I can understand how people think that buying a membership is like voting to support a political party, and that by not getting a membership we're protesting against the current regime who have, for the most part, done little to actively engage the members regarding this situation.

But at the same time if we don't register our presence by the 30 day deadline through a membership, that will give the best possible excuse for the board to say 'let's pack up our bags and go'. By not making our presence felt here in Melbourne and making it clear to the board that there is sizable support to be found, we'd pretty much be hammering that final nail into our coffin.

So, I'd plead with anyone who's contemplating hopping on board to do it NOW!! (I'm planning to do so this week once Austudy arrives :eek:)

NB There's the option for a refund anyway if the worst case scenario happens and the board goes GC. Just keep your membership receipt.

kitty :)

If we don't get a jump in numbers signing up during this time then the press and pro-GC types will use it to say 'see, the club doesn't have enough support to survive in Melbourne'. They won't look at the numbers holding off joining until a decision is made. The press wants an easy story. If we can publicise record numbers joining early it will boost our position. Any postives are helpful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Membership Numbers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back