Merged clash jumper threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Eddie on 3AW re clash jumpers - time for some facts

It really shouldn't be too hard. There are no colours, the only design condition is 'stripes'

Black and white striped jumpers that Collingwood could wear as a viable clash strip

I've only played around very roughly with that bird jumper above (am I thanking Mero for the template? Pretty sure I am, cheers mate.:thumbsu:). I'm going to keep them coming. Anyone else who is keen, please join in. There has to be a jumper that will work as a clash top, and be acceptable to the McHorde.

To get the ball rolling:

Collingwood 'black with thin white stripes' clash jumper.

collingwoodthinstripetj4.gif

The solution is very very easy, the AFL should get some knackers, tell McHead that his team WILL wear a clash jumper, and if they refuse to wear the jumper then fine them the full $5000.00 penalty for every jumper worn that does not conform. Rest assured McHead and his cronies would be toeing the line in record time.....
Yeah, $110,000 fine every 2 years, that will break the bank :rolleyes:

Re: Clash Jumper Solutions

Several people are not going to like what i have to say but i have my opinions on this matter and i am going to make them public.

I personally think that each team having an alternate (away) jersey is a good idea. I think that the AFL should puts its foot down and force clubs to wear an alternate strips for away games. With the alternate strip being considerably different from the home strip.

Being a Swans fan i would love to see us in the South Melbourne jersey for away games.

I know that Melbourne based supporters in particularly Collingwood supporters are going to say it is there tradition and identity to wear the one jersey. But i think the heart, soul and identity of a club are more then a bit of material.

How come it was easy to tell who was who on 34cm black and white TVs, even North v Collingwood, and we now need clash jumpers with colour TVs and few people having anything less than 51cm - many with at least double that?

the only fact that matters is this:

the AFL owns all the image rights, not the clubs. Collingwood does not own it's guernsey and neither does North. The AFL solely has the right to determine, not Eddie.

It's not up to Eddie to talk about and dictate something he and his club do not control.

Get rid of all the clash jumpers. Somehow they managed to cope for over 100 years, and it's not like any of the interstate teams that have been introduced clash at all.

The whole clash jumper issue is a marketing wankfest introduced by Andy "I wish i ran a sport in the USA" Demetriou.
They coped! We assume they coped. I can guarantee you they made heaps of mistakes back whenever, even when the game was played at snail pace from pack to pack.
Its played at lightning speed now and if it is sometimes difficult to pick up on telly the nit has go ot be on the field.

REGARDLESS why does everyone care so much??

I support my team. Not my teams colors or stripes or hoops or emblem or whatever. Just MY team.

And i started supporting them before color TV was in my house.

If you can support a team wearing the old poo and wee and particularly when they wore all wee socks there for a while in the 80's then you can cope with them wearing anything.

It really shouldn't be too hard. There are no colours, the only design condition is 'stripes'

Black and white striped jumpers that Collingwood could wear as a viable clash strip

I've only played around very roughly with that bird jumper above (am I thanking Mero for the template? Pretty sure I am, cheers mate.:thumbsu:). I'm going to keep them coming. Anyone else who is keen, please join in. There has to be a jumper that will work as a clash top, and be acceptable to the McHorde.

To get the ball rolling:
collingwoodfb5.jpg

To uncollinwood?

How come it was easy to tell who was who on 34cm black and white TVs, even North v Collingwood, and we now need clash jumpers with colour TVs and few people having anything less than 51cm - many with at least double that?
You must have super duper eyesight as I often found it very hard watching stripes v stripes and particualrly hard when muddy. As it happens I have 20-20 vision until this day.

Eddie is a moron, why should North wear their clash guernsey if they don't want to in an away game? They shouldn't. End of story.

You must have super duper eyesight as I often found it very hard watching stripes v stripes and particualrly hard when muddy. As it happens I have 20-20 vision until this day.
I never found it a problem as a kid; OK, mud became an issue sometimes - but that's not relevant at AFL level.
Then again, I didn't have a problem watching snooker on B&W as a kid either. Maybe if I was used to colour and then was watching on B&W it would have been different, but we couldn't afford colour for many years after everyone else had it so I was used to B&W.

Eddie is a moron, why should North wear their clash guernsey if they don't want to in an away game? They shouldn't. End of story.

So its Eddies fault the AFL have approved the Collingwood clash guersey and the AFL made North wear their clash strip...

Right, I see your logic!:rolleyes:

I never found it a problem as a kid; OK, mud became an issue sometimes - but that's not relevant at AFL level.
Then again, I didn't have a problem watching snooker on B&W as a kid either. Maybe if I was used to colour and then was watching on B&W it would have been different, but we couldn't afford colour for many years after everyone else had it so I was used to B&W.
As a matter of interest when did u (your family) get your 1st color TV. (we used to go to other peoples houses to watch the GF in color lol)
I always considered myself very hard done by as i swore everyone had it except me.
Finally got it in early 80's, and I kid you not, only after my uncle won tattslotto and gave us 12k.

As a matter of interest when did u (your family) get your 1st color TV. (we used to go to other peoples houses to watch the GF in color lol)
I always considered myself very hard done by as i swore everyone had it except me.
Finally got it in early 80's, and I kid you not, only after my uncle won tattslotto and gave us 12k.
Not entirely sure, around 83 or 84 I guess. But I seem to recall the colour set died one session into the 1985 Ashes, and when we finally got a TV again it was back to B&W. (No that my parents were that keen on me watching much anyway, just a touch late - so it was radio down all series so they wouldn't hear it. Which made catching a 7:30 school bus a tough task.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is a pretty simple equation.

Demetriou's bonus is linked to how much TV revenue there is.

Demetriou doesn't want to piss Eddie off coz he wants channel 9 to put in a monster bid for the next TV rights.

/end of thread

Yeah welcome to 2007, Eddie has no power at Nine and most certainly does not control the purse strings for the next AFL rights bid.

The AFL needs to think more before allowing clubs to make changes to their jumpers which worsen clashes...

Why were Hawthorn allowed to add a white patch to their backs with a black number? The old yellow back with brown number suited their traditional colours far better.

The new West Coast home strip is another example... what was wrong with the traditional blue and gold wings, the navy/white/yellow panels jumper caused clashes with other teams.

Here's my idea:

cwdark1.jpg

Basically, the current home jumper with the white stripe panels in outline only...

Re: Black and white striped jumpers that Collingwood could wear as a viable clash strip

...this is Collingwoods accepted clash strip, live with it

Thanks for your input. The original Collingwood jumper, this is a great strip, and works well with the white shorts when you play Carlton.

It still clashes with North Melbourne and Geelong though, and as such isn't suitable for away games against these teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Merged clash jumper threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Back