Merged Delistings/Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trade Jetta for a first round/second round pick or nice young developing player. His time at Essendon is up

Why would anyone give us, a first or second rounder in the last uncompromised draft for a guy who can't crack our 22?

We wouldn't get a second round pick for Jetta. Why not keep him for another couple of years and see what type of player he can turn into him. He has the skills just needs to put his head in the right space.
Don't give up on him yet.

I agree...he is not upto it yet, but there is no reason to say he wont be 5 years time, and he is still very young. Remember lovett was only rookie listed at age 22-23, and did not start to play his best football until this season.

What would it take to get Jarrad McVeigh?

Sydney have said that they need ball carriers and i would be willing to do a straight swap of Stanton for Jarrad McVeigh. Thoughts?

What would it take to get Jarrad McVeigh?

Sydney have said that they need ball carriers and i would be willing to do a straight swap of Stanton for Jarrad McVeigh. Thoughts?

I'd be willing to do that, although both a very similar type players, McVeigh can play through the middle a bit more, Stanton however gets more of the ball, doubt we would consider trading, 'the love child'

Id be stoked if we were able to pick up lewis jetta from Swan Districs with our third rounder.
He is 19/20,but has been strutting his stuff in the wafl lately and is expected to be drafted this year.
maybe a bit off topic,but it is a draft/trade thread. lol

McVeigh was a top 5 pick from memory, he won't be traded for Stanton who was a 2nd rounder. McVeigh has torn games apart, Stanton has not. Stanton + Houli then Sydney might consider it, but I do not want to let go of good youngsters. I just do not see the point in trading for J. McVeigh, the costs far outweigh the positives. To me this has the Judd trade clause..yeah Carlton got Judd..they lost Kennedy in the process though...

As for Jetta, possibly although he is rated a bit higher than the 3rd round. Not sure I'd bother getting him with our 2nd round. We need some more class in the middle first and foremost

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stanton was a first rounder - pick 13.

My mistake, I was taking a guess. Wel he was not top 10 anyway. The point remains that Stanton has yet to tear games apart, McVeigh has. I will not be giving up two youngsters (at the least) just to get a slight improvement on Stanton!

My mistake, I was taking a guess. Wel he was not top 10 anyway. The point remains that Stanton has yet to tear games apart, McVeigh has. I will not be giving up two youngsters (at the least) just to get a slight improvement on Stanton!

Like you do with every post where you gift us with your football knowledge.

Like you do with every post where you gift us with your football knowledge.

No, I was at work when I posted that. I did know he was not a top 10 pick though. The point was not so much about the pick, but about what the respective players have done. Stanton has been in and out of games, is purely an outside finisher. McVeigh has dominated games for the Swans and can play inside or out, and is a better defender. If you think for one secong they will give us McVeigh for Stanton you are kidding yourself.

No, I was at work when I posted that. I did know he was not a top 10 pick though. The point was not so much about the pick, but about what the respective players have done. Stanton has been in and out of games, is purely an outside finisher. McVeigh has dominated games for the Swans and can play inside or out, and is a better defender. If you think for one secong they will give us McVeigh for Stanton you are kidding yourself.

Could give them Jetta

Sydney would want our 2nd rounder as well..that is way over the odds for a slight improvement of a player. Plus McVeigh has hamstring issues. This is not the first hammy he has done!

Stanton has been in and out of games, is purely an outside finisher. McVeigh has dominated games for the Swans and can play inside or out, and is a better defender. If you think for one secong they will give us McVeigh for Stanton you are kidding yourself.

The point remains that Stanton has yet to tear games apart, McVeigh has. I will not be giving up two youngsters (at the least) just to get a slight improvement on Stanton!

So which is it?!?!? Is McVeigh a slight improvement on Stanton or is he significantly better? You seem to change your mind depending on whether you're looking at this from Essendon's perspective or Sydney's.

Significantly better. But the fact is we have to give up two arms and a leg to get him. I'd love McVeigh in our midfield, a gut running midfielder would suit our needs. Problem is..is it worth giving up AT LEAST two youngish players (Stanton is still young) to get him. Not sure it is worth that.

Sydney have enough small forwards, ryder.

He is a waste of space on our list.

AwJeez.jpg

anyone else think there is a chance of luring a Kerr, Ball or Salopek to the Bombers, for Kerr or Ball would be willing to give up a first rounder and like a leroy jetta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back