Merged Delistings/Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is some serious unrest at the Power. We should have someone already in Salopek's hear about the Promised Land at Windy Hill. I think he would be a great acquistion. Puts his head over the pill, very good skills and a gut runner to boot.

They had him playing the quarterback role at Port, which is the one spot on the field that players seem to cop it for being non-defensive (let's call it the Bowden rule). He was an inside mid as a junior and was an excellent wingmen for Port last year. He would add significant class and depth to our midfield.

salopek might come cheap ! first rounder + third for salopek + 2nd :)

You giving our first rounder..um no thanks. Next. He is not Kerr for goodness sake, and I don't want Kerr either. Ball maybe.

Any thoughts on Lachlan Hansen he has taken a while to develop but good skills and speed, has shown an ability to play forward or back. For the moment he doesn't cost a fortune probably at a guess Lonergan (who i'm not fond of especially after the brisbane game) and a 2nd or 3rd pick. Anyway just throwing it up

anyone else think there is a chance of luring a Kerr, Ball or Salopek to the Bombers, for Kerr or Ball would be willing to give up a first rounder and like a leroy jetta

I reckon a stanton + jetta for Kerr may need to throw in a pick. I know he is injury prone but he's only 26 that isn't that old he has a while to go we could get a decent 100 games out of him and knights said he'd recruit someone like that, also as we need a star to lift the team which we seem to lack no offence to Lloydy but he aint who he used to be and lovett well he has been better this year but he is no consistent team lifter like J.Hird who would make the team lift!!

Any thoughts on Lachlan Hansen he has taken a while to develop but good skills and speed, has shown an ability to play forward or back. For the moment he doesn't cost a fortune probably at a guess Lonergan (who i'm not fond of especially after the brisbane game) and a 2nd or 3rd pick. Anyway just throwing it up
Don't really rate Hansen. Would have thought he's an average kick.

Please tell me you haven't changed your view on Lonergan after 1 stupid kick...

I reckon a stanton + jetta for Kerr may need to throw in a pick. I know he is injury prone but he's only 26 that isn't that old he has a while to go we could get a decent 100 games out of him and knights said he'd recruit someone like that, also as we need a star to lift the team which we seem to lack no offence to Lloydy but he aint who he used to be and lovett well he has been better this year but he is no consistent team lifter like J.Hird who would make the team lift!!

Do you mean Essendon throw in another pic?? If so I would have thought that Stanton + Jetta would be a more than enough price to pay for Kerr, you need to bare in mind although Kerr has been a great player for WCE, he hasn't really set the world on fire of late.

Do you mean Essendon throw in another pic?? If so I would have thought that Stanton + Jetta would be a more than enough price to pay for Kerr, you need to bare in mind although Kerr has been a great player for WCE, he hasn't really set the world on fire of late.

He's been playing for a team looking for priority picks i dont think this last season has been a good indication but i understand what you mean once judd and cousins left he no longer had the blocks etc to deal with a tag. The motivation of finals could work in any case its definately an upgrade on stanton and people are throwing around jetta's name for if lucky a second pick so we are definately not giving up alot and it may be time for a change of scenery for Kerr

He's been playing for a team looking for priority picks i dont think this last season has been a good indication but i understand what you mean once judd and cousins left he no longer had the blocks etc to deal with a tag. The motivation of finals could work in any case its definately an upgrade on stanton and people are throwing around jetta's name for if lucky a second pick so we are definately not giving up alot and it may be time for a change of scenery for Kerr

Spot on bomber I know what you mean, dont get me wrong a class act like Kerr in the middle with the likes of Watson Prismall Winderlich and Lovett and possibly Myers going forward could have the making of a really dangerous possibly premiership midfield.

Don't really rate Hansen. Would have thought he's an average kick.

Please tell me you haven't changed your view on Lonergan after 1 stupid kick...

nah i've been down on lonergan this year. last year he showed promise i'm not sure whats happened maybe lacked a good pre-season i have no idea but he hasn't shown it as well this year, which has caused me to doubt him a little no doubt at times he does good things but i haven't seen enough improvement that made me think we had anything too special. In all honesty he seems shin bonerish which makes me think he could be worth something to North Melbourne and Emma Quayle in the Age over the weekend gave him a good wrap which i completely agreed with and he's the age we need 21. I don't know you may not like him but i think in a year or 2 he is going to be really good and i dont want to miss out.

i stuffed that up emma quayle gave lachie hansen a good wrap he's 21 and will be ok in 2 years sorry

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why does everyone want to trade Jetta?

Its not like Davey is taking the world by storm, the Lonergan as a small forward trial seems to have failed, Skipworth isn't going to better the side in the long run. For the last month or so the only person I've seen crumb a goal is Neagle... Our forward line functions much better when he is in side, and its not like we have great depth up forward. Would be shattered if he was traded.

That would be the priority picks they gave up by beating us in Perth???

With all respect to Kerrs career too date. I have some big ?? to his ability to play sustained footy (week in / week out) with his injury concerns. Too big a risk to trade in at this stage IMO.

Also Stanton and is 23 and is entering the period of his career that will define it.
Too much upside for me...

Re: Cleve Hughes

What are peoples thoughts on Shane Tuck?

Read the same article in the Herald Sun yesterday about him not having much luck since caretaker coach Jade Rawlings took over.

I like him alot, is in the peak of his game, and is still relatively young (28, 24 December), so would still have another 5 years left minimum, would help out Watson as he is in the higher encholonce of inside midfielders in the comp, and would be a welcome addition to our midfield.

But what would the Tigers be willing to give up for him? Second Rounder??

Re: Cleve Hughes

What are peoples thoughts on Shane Tuck?

Not sure i would want to add him. We have enough problems with Watson, Stanton,Lovett and Prismall who are not great defensively.
I just don't think you can add another player with a poor defensvie record and ordinary skills to our side.
There is no doubt Tuck can play and find the ball but he would be a massive risk for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back