Merged Tarrant Trade Threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make no mistake, what Collingwood are doing is crossing the line between reasonable practice to breaching the rules of the AFL. I have no doubt if he refuses to play for another team he will be banned for the length of contract and Collingwood will face some form of disciplinary action.

Not this rubbish again.

Seriously, it's borderline whinging from everyone else. Nothing illegal is being done here.

Disciplinary action? Puh-lease!

If another club takes Tarrant, so be it. He has stated he will walk. Don't forrget, if you draft the player, you still need to pay him and include his $$$$ in the cap over the length of the contract. It's not like "oh, we'll take him but if he retires we don't have to pay him". Unfortunately, it doesn't work like that.

When you look at it this way, it essentially might not seem so Bad:

Freo: Lose Tarrant
Gain: Peter Faulks, Jarrod Blight, and Pick 61

Slight correction, Pick 55 removed because we started with it.

Not sure we should be happy to take a crap trade from Collingwood simply because we got a good one with Faulks.

Replace PSD selection with a pick in the 50s. Its the same rubbish. Not worth a terrible lot. I'm sure Hawthorn with 52 and 54 and Carlton with 53 would licking their lips. Hawthorn is the one club which would make a heap of noise if Tarrant wouldn't play for them.

Make no mistake, what Collingwood are doing is crossing the line between reasonable practice to breaching the rules of the AFL. I have no doubt if he refuses to play for another team he will be banned for the length of contract and Collingwood will face some form of disciplinary action.

This is rubbish.

Firstly you're clearly just hoping Collingwood don't get a bargain. Why would Hawthorn and Carlton bother picking up a 30 year old who will retire if they select him? Even someone who mentions something like that should be the last person they would be looking at picking up. What would it do for team chemistry if you draft a guy who doesn't want to be there? There could be a young kid you can draft at 53 who may work his way to becoming a star, you never know. But certainly there are enough examples of kids in the 50-70 range that make it, to know that simply throwing away a draft pick is a bad idea. What message does it send to the other players you are drafting? the other players on your list?

Secondly, what have Collingwood done wrong to be punished? Ridiculous. All we are doing is offering what we feel to be what Tarrant is worth in a trade to us. It is hardly our fault that he wants to play with us. And to Tarrant if some stupid club does pick him up with pick 52, then he will retire and he wont need to worry about sitting out for two seasons.

It's so funny to see Adelaide/Fremantle supporters complaining about this situation when you benefit from the go home factor every year...sure there are guys who wanna go back to Victoria, but then at least you have 10 clubs to deal with. When a guy wants to go back to SA or WA then we have 2, and usually only one suitor at best.

Replace PSD selection with a pick in the 50s. Its the same rubbish. Not worth a terrible lot. I'm sure Hawthorn with 52 and 54 and Carlton with 53 would licking their lips. Hawthorn is the one club which would make a heap of noise if Tarrant wouldn't play for them.

So Collingwood should be punished because a player doesn't want to play for another team? Have you got any proof that Collingwood have had a hand in this situation? If you do, I'd suggest you call the AFL, and tell them, and then the AFL can punish them, otherwise I cannot see Collingwood being at fault.

They have tried to make a deal with the Dockers, but it hasn't worked out to the point where both teams are satisfied, Tarrant can take his chances in the draft, or stay at the Dockers, or just hit out a year.

It would be a shame if he didn't get to go to Collingwood like he wanted, but no one could agree on a deal here.

If Tarrant doesn't get picked up by us, then he retires. I'm sure he is well prepared for this to eventuate, so he likely wouldn't give a rats were he to be banned. He may even head over to us in some form of coaching role, since we have lost a lot of staff. Honestly, I doubt our club could care less if we miss out on him, he's a good player to have for flexibility, but we hardly require him. If he retires, we won't care.

And yes, Collingwood will face disciplinary action, for imaginary rorting of the draft. We have crossed the line by not accepting any demand Fremantle want of us, despite not requiring Tarrant's services. What kind of clownish comment is that?

To be honest I thought 43 was a pretty good deal and around the right price.

If we want him, we should at least pay the right price for him. I think we're being a little ordinary here.

It was different with Luke Ball. 30 was plenty right for him and we also tried to orchestrate other trades, but yeah Tarrant has been in pretty good knick, he comes with injury concerns and age, but 43 is probably the right mark.

If I were Hawthorn or Carlton I'd be snapping him up in the National to prove a point regardless of whether he would go on or not, because we're getting a little big for our own boots here.

Slight correction, Pick 55 removed because we started with it.

Not sure we should be happy to take a crap trade from Collingwood simply because we got a good one with Faulks.

I don't get how Faulks is a good one yet......

He and Blight have both played VFL....wow.

And you get 55 back, which you didn't have anymore.

To be honest I thought 43 was a pretty good deal and around the right price.

If we want him, we should at least pay the right price for him. I think we're being a little ordinary here.

It was different with Luke Ball. 30 was plenty right for him and we also tried to orchestrate other trades, but yeah Tarrant has been in pretty good knick, he comes with injury concerns and age, but 43 is probably the right mark.

If I were Hawthorn or Carlton I'd be snapping him up in the National to prove a point regardless of whether he would go on or not, because we're getting a little big for our own boots here.
That would be stupid of them, because by proving their "point" they are missing out on a talented 18 year old, and getting nothing in return, except some form of higher moral ground. Which ultimately we wouldn't care about, because we don't need him anyway.

But you made the mistake.
What Tarrant says has nothing to do with Collingwood.
Collingwood have said "we are interested" and offered up pick 55 - that's it, nothing else, zip nada, nil, zilch, its a dead parrot

Technically Colligwood haven't done anything wrong so i dont know what all the fuss is about... Tarrant wants to only play for them, they haven't broken any rules and they are within their own rights to knock back any offers from Freo they aren't willing to do. Just like Hawthorn wont cough up a pick for Hill that they aren't happy with.

On the other hand, Tarrant is being a bit of a toss in this situation, threatening to retire if he doesn't get his own way, sounds like a sook imo. In a way its draft tampering because everyone club should be able to pick up a player in the draft without running the risk of that player backing out on a contract deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Technically Colligwood haven't done anything wrong so i dont know what all the fuss is about... Tarrant wants to only play for them, they haven't broken any rules and they are within their own rights to knock back any offers from Freo they aren't willing to do. Just like Hawthorn wont cough up a pick for Hill that they aren't happy with.

On the other hand, Tarrant is being a bit of a toss in this situation, threatening to retire if he doesn't get his own way, sounds like a sook imo. In a way its draft tampering because everyone club should be able to pick up a player in the draft without running the risk of that player backing out on a contract deal.

Tarrant is a w***er and I hope he blows his knee in the first game. He clearly stated when he was looking at going home that he wanted to get the best deal for the Fremantle ala the team that resurrected his career and paid his cushy lifestyle for the last 4 years.

Lying piece of shit.

Tarrant is a w***er and I hope he blows his knee in the first game. He clearly stated when he was looking at going home that he wanted to get the best deal for the Fremantle ala the team that resurrected his career and paid his cushy lifestyle for the last 4 years.

Lying piece of shit.

That's business.....

I know that he has stated it is the Pies or bust, but if he nominates for the ND or PSD would another team be willing to take a punt, namely, Carlton or Hawks in the hope they could persuade him? They would probably need to punt before the Pies second pick in the ND and their 1st in the PSD and that in itself maybe too much for some. If I were the Hawks, I would take the punt (providing salary cap is ok - which is another issue).

Collingwood are doing nothing wrong, there looking out for the pies, like the Hawks deliver a reputation of being pricks last year they were only looking out for the Hawks.

What will be interesting though after Collingwood id this with ball last year and Tarrent this year at What point a club, perhaps Fremantle decides to show them there not going to get screwed and draft Tarrent. Otherwise the pies will do this year in and year out and so will other clubs reducing trade week to a farce until one of them puts there foot down.

You are assuming he will retire because he won't get to collingwood?

I can't see other clubs taking him and wasting a pick if he is going to retire. I can't see Freo wasting a pick by picking him up either.

Hawks and Blues will have a crack, I have no doubt a melbourne based club would use a national draft pick before pick 55 to snare him.

I know that he has stated it is the Pies or bust, but if he nominates for the ND or PSD would another team be willing to take a punt, namely, Carlton or Hawks in the hope they could persuade him? They would probably need to punt before the Pies second pick in the ND and their 1st in the PSD and that in itself maybe too much for some. If I were the Hawks, I would take the punt (providing salary cap is ok - which is another issue).

Why would you pick up a player who has made it publicly known that he has no interest in in playing for your club? No one would want that sort of mentality entering into a club. I really don't care if we get him or not, but I can't see a club picking up a player knowing full well that he doesn't want to be there.

Pick 30 is allot different to pick 55.

Most will conceed that Tarrant is worth more than pick 55, any idea what picks Hawthorn/Blues/Doggies/Melbourne have around then? Hell even Kangroos might have a crack.

No club will recruit a player who does not want to be there and have to pay them under their salary cap in the process. It just won't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back