Merged Tarrant Trade Threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard, if the coaching panel decides a player is not good enough (or not as good as someone else who can play a similar role), then they don't deserve to be in the team.

Really, the most ridiculous thing you have ever heard?

The way you say it is really so simple, but come on, footy is more complex than that. you have to worry about keeping certain guys happy. The GWS will come knocking over the next couple of years and if some of our young promising players get dropped because Tarrant can do the job 1% better, I say let the young guys play and think about the next 5 years. We are a premiership side, obviously we have enough talent. We have youth, we have everything we need to be very successful for the next 5 years. Tarrant is ok as a backup player to show guys that they need to keep their play up to stay in the side.

Hear this, Tarrant is just about gone. He won't help us significantly next season, and the only bad thing that can happen to us, is that mick blindly plays him because of loyalty.

Krakouer may have 5 years left in him, so I'm happy about him, but Tarrant seemed awfully injury prone this past season, who knows what the bad knee has done to his athleticism?

Clearly ur a Tarrant fan?

Really, the most ridiculous thing you have ever heard?

The way you say it is really so simple, but come on, footy is more complex than that. you have to worry about keeping certain guys happy. The GWS will come knocking over the next couple of years and if some of our young promising players get dropped because Tarrant can do the job 1% better, I say let the young guys play and think about the next 5 years. We are a premiership side, obviously we have enough talent. We have youth, we have everything we need to be very successful for the next 5 years. Tarrant is ok as a backup player to show guys that they need to keep their play up to stay in the side.

Hear this, Tarrant is just about gone. He won't help us significantly next season, and the only bad thing that can happen to us, is that mick blindly plays him because of loyalty.

Krakouer may have 5 years left in him, so I'm happy about him, but Tarrant seemed awfully injury prone this past season, who knows what the bad knee has done to his athleticism?

Clearly ur a Tarrant fan?

Keep certain players happy? Which players?
Goldsack? Blair? All they have proven is that they can be effective role players in an awesome team, they haven't cemented their spots in the 22, a premiership medallion doesn't change that.

I couldn't care less if Tarrant plays for us, I was a fan of him back during 01-06 but he is still a much better player than Goldsack who was close to our bottom 3 in the PF and the GF replay.

we have everything we had to be successful for the next 5 years? How did you come to that conclusion? Geelong in 07 was a much better team and they don't look like they could stay up the top for 5 years, what makes you think we can? So many things could go wrong, just because some our players are young does not mean they continue to develop, Collingwood has had a lot of those players on it list over time.

As for the injury prone bit, he landed on his ankle once and someone fell on his knee the second time, take Barlow for example, he was "unlucky", Tarrant is "injury prone".

Fair and balanced my ass, try to be less subjective.

I don't care if players like Blair and Goldsack "might" improve, Krak and Tarrant are better players and will be in the side before them if they are still better players by the time round 1 comes along.

We are right in the middle of our premiership window, it is all about winning premierships now, not developing players with limited potential.

Is Tarrant really worth it though? He's probably got 2 years left maybe 3 if he's lucky but is already showing signs of concern on the injury front. Why not just sign Presti for one more season as back up and allow natural progression with your back half to take over. The Collingwood backline is good enough to do that IMO.

I know Tarrant could be a little bit more cream but do Collingwood need those extra calories. :)

Keep certain players happy? Which players?
Goldsack? Blair? All they have proven is that they can be effective role players in an awesome team, they haven't cemented their spots in the 22, a premiership medallion doesn't change that.

I couldn't care less if Tarrant plays for us, I was a fan of him back during 01-06 but he is still a much better player than Goldsack who was close to our bottom 3 in the PF and the GF replay.

we have everything we had to be successful for the next 5 years? How did you come to that conclusion? Geelong in 07 was a much better team and they don't look like they could stay up the top for 5 years, what makes you think we can? So many things could go wrong, just because some our players are young does not mean they continue to develop, Collingwood has had a lot of those players on it list over time.

As for the injury prone bit, he landed on his ankle once and someone fell on his knee the second time, take Barlow for example, he was "unlucky", Tarrant is "injury prone".

Fair and balanced my ass, try to be less subjective.

I don't care if players like Blair and Goldsack "might" improve, Krak and Tarrant are better players and will be in the side before them if they are still better players by the time round 1 comes along.

We are right in the middle of our premiership window, it is all about winning premierships now, not developing players with limited potential.

The username is in regards to Fox news...

Of course it's about winning premierships now. But we just won one, and Goldsack and Blair played in it. Blair is getting thrown out of everyone's side. He is only 20 years old!! You're already calling him limited??

WE have two KPD at 21 and 22, two KPF at 22 and 23, we have Thomas, Pendlebury, Sidebottom and Wellingham in the midfield and they are all under 24. The only players of any note leaving in the next few years would be Johnson and Jolly (another 2 years at least one would think). The rest should be around for the better part of those 5 years.
Now yes we should look to improve, but no we shouldn't forget the course that took us to the premiership. We used young players and trusted them to perform roles. They stayed hungry because they knew there spot in the side would be under threat. Its great to get Krakouer, Tarrant and have Dick back as depth players who want to force their way back in, I just think that a week after the Grand Final, you should be a bit more respectful to the guys that gave us the glory. Put Tarrant, Krakouer and Dick as the 'other' players. Krakouer (though looks great) is no sure thing, Tarrant might be great, could be a complete flop and Dick always seems to snap his twig arms.
How could you honestly be so much more confident in these guys performing the roles we need than the guys that just have, and have won us a premiership. You had guys like MaCaffer out of the side, that kid improved a heap throughout the year and now you want to throw him out because you see something more in a WAFL grand final star??

Do you think that Tarrant can pressure and tackle as well as Goldsack? That's a pretty big part of our game wouldn't you say?

The username is in regards to Fox news...

Of course it's about winning premierships now. But we just won one, and Goldsack and Blair played in it. Blair is getting thrown out of everyone's side. He is only 20 years old!! You're already calling him limited??

There is a reason Blair is getting thrown out of everybody's side, we have Brad Dick coming back and Andrew Krak coming in and for what Dick has shown while he was healthy it is not unfair to suggest Blair will be dropped.

So what if he is 20 years old? Why should he get a game a head of better players because he is younger? If Blair is good enough he will force his way back into the side.

WE have two KPD at 21 and 22, two KPF at 22 and 23, we have Thomas, Pendlebury, Sidebottom and Wellingham in the midfield and they are all under 24. The only players of any note leaving in the nex few years would be Johnson and Jolly (another 2 years at least one would think). The rest should be around for the better part of those 5 years.

Again, just because players are young doesn't mean they will keep getting better, some are early bloomers, some are late bloomers. Of course if everything goes according to plan we will be up there for the next 5 years, but history shows us that rarely happens. Players gets injured, potentials are not fulfilled, other teams get betters, players get better offers etc.

If all our players keep getting better, CFC will not be able to fit them all in the salary cap.

Like I said, Geelong was a better side than us in 07 and look what has happened.

Now yes we should look to improve, but no we shouldn't forget the course that took us to the premiership. We used young players and trusted them to perform roles. They stayed hungry because they knew there spot in the side would be under threat. Its great to get Krakouer, Tarrant and have Dick back as depth players who want to force their way back in, I just think that a week after the Grand Final, you should be a bit more respectful to the guys that gave us the glory. Put Tarrant, Krakouer and Dick as the 'other' players. Krakouer (though looks great) is no sure thing, Tarrant might be great, could be a complete flop and Dick always seems to snap his twig arms.

I am very respectful of Thomas, Pendles, Swan, Ball, Jolly, Maxy, Reid, Brown and co because they were amazing and are great players, however guys like Goldsack and Blair are barely in the top 22, if better players comes along they should be given a chance to prove themselves, if they can't perform a role as well as the other players they will get dropped, simple.

The idea of not giving better players a chance just because an inferior player has a premiership medal is ridiculous.

How could you honestly be so much more confident in these guys performing the roles we need than the guys that just have, and have won us a premiership. You had guys like MaCaffer out of the side, that kid improved a heap throughout the year and now you want to throw him out because you see something more in a WAFL grand final star??

Don't put words into my mouth, why on earth would Krak replace MaCaffer?

Do you think that Tarrant can pressure and tackle as well as Goldsack? That's a pretty big part of our game wouldn't you say?

Well yes he can, Tarrant was applying forward pressure and tackling in the 50 before everyone started doing it, Goldsack is harder than Tarrant but so what? Tarrant is a better forward, back and more experienced than Goldsack.

Like I said, winning a premiership does not make a player better or should result in players getting free rides in the 22.

Answers in bold.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/pies-sweeten-tarrant-deal-20101011-16eiz.html

Collingwood football operations manager Geoff Walsh says his club will attempt to sweeten a trade for Chris Tarrant with Fremantle this morning by attempting to trade draft picks with other clubs.

Walsh's stance is a change of tack for the Magpies, who had previously indicated they were unfazed if a deal could not be done to recoup Tarrant

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/pies-sweeten-tarrant-deal-20101011-16eiz.html

Looks like he is wanted by Collingwood, despite what the fans on BF say.... hmmm...

The trade will be done today it's just a matter of what we get for him.

Looks like he is wanted by Collingwood, despite what the fans on BF say.... hmmm...

The trade will be done today it's just a matter of what we get for him.

Gee, what a surprise. Connors clearly isn't so confident anymore.

I'd say the AFL words yesterday, and perhaps a call or two from other clubs, have changed Collingwood's stance.

Pick 43 isn't such a bad option after all.:thumbsu:

Gee, what a surprise. Connors clearly isn't so confident anymore.

I'd say the AFL words yesterday, and perhaps a call or two from other clubs, have changed Collingwood's stance.

Pick 43 isn't such a bad option after all.:thumbsu:

Pick 43 for Tarrant is an absolute steal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back