Merged Tarrant Trade Threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
cloke MAY be better than Tarrant.
Tarrant is an AA full back Collingwood did not have a KPP close to AA this year. Tarrant would easily be your best KPD and can play on both talls and smalls.

Tarrants only AA was in 2003 with the Pies as a Forward. In Tarrants best year a key back 2009 he didn't even get a nomination for AA, Presti did.

Presti is a far better stopper then Tarrant. Cloke kicked 5 on Tarrant and Jack Anthony kicked 4 on him in 2009, Tarrants best year.

Ben Reid and Nathan Brown are both 21. They did a great job all year in the premiership team and will only get better as 22 year olds.

Tarrant will be 30 with his best behind him. Tarrant will be best 22 but he wont play key back in front of either of these 2 guys let alone Presti if he plays on. Tarrant would need to fit into a back 6 that was the 2nd best defensive unit in the AFL. (2 points per game behind the best)

Tarrant is not a better forward now then either of Cloke nor Dawes and will definitely NOT play forward before either of these guys.

As I said, I'd happily trade Tarrant for pick 43 but to say Tarrant would be our best KPP at age 30 is reaching. He is not 28 anymore.

Scarlett is the best in the business. Have a look at him 2 years ago at age 28, compared to now aged 30. Still good yes, but not the superstar defender he was. More then likely the same thing will happen with Tarrant.

Hine has already come out and said they won't use Tarrant as a KPB but as a utility and suggested that they would have put Taz onto Goddard during the GF.

That alone makes any all of this "Tarrant won't be top 22" sound like what it is; crap.

Regardless of that, Freo will get screwed thanks to Tarrant.

Yes, so he will play a key role on key players. Can't see him being top 22 week in week out :)

And yes, Freo will get screwed in this deal no matter which way it pans out.

Yes, so he will play a key role on key players. Can't see him being top 22 week in week out :)

And yes, Freo will get screwed in this deal no matter which way it pans out.

Well that really depends on our set up next year, I am guessing Krak will come in for Blair, can't think of anything else right now. Anyways if that is the case, Tarrant will come in for Goldsack as he is the better forward, back and overall player than Goldsack.

Lets be honest, would you care about Sack boy's development if we win the premiership next year?

Hell if we somehow manage to win 3 in a row I wouldn't care if we played like Carlton for the next 5 years after that! :D

Well that really depends on our set up next year, I am guessing Krak will come in for Blair, can't think of anything else right now. Anyways if that is the case, Tarrant will come in for Goldsack as he is the better forward, back and overall player than Goldsack.

Lets be honest, would you care about Sack boy's development if we win the premiership next year?

Hell if we somehow manage to win 3 in a row I wouldn't care if we played like Carlton for the next 5 years after that! :D

You are right, thats if we win the premiership next year, it would be nice but I think we are heading in that direction without Taz.

He will be handy, but im happy the way we are.

Kraks for Blair huh, I could see Kraks, Blair and Davis rotating through, more so with Davis. Off topic now.

You are right, thats if we win the premiership next year, it would be nice but I think we are heading in that direction without Taz.

He will be handy, but im happy the way we are.

Kraks for Blair huh, I could see Kraks, Blair and Davis rotating through, more so with Davis. Off topic now.

davis is crap...............krakour is replacement for him, blair has heart unlike davis

davis is crap...............krakour is replacement for him, blair has heart unlike davis

Davis didn't play in the Grand Final. Krakouer will replace a midfielder, possibly Johnson. A fit Dick will replace Blair.

Tarrant will replace Goldsack.

Our team looks ridiculous for next year. Should look like;

Tarrant, Brown, Toovey
O'Brien, Reid, Maxwell
Shaw, Pendlebury, Didak
Beams, Cloke, Krakouer
Sidebottom, Dawes, Dick

FOLL: Jolly, Swan, Thomas
INTER: L Brown, Wellingham, Ball

SUB: Raffle it. Macaffer, Goldsack, Johnson, Buckley, Davis, McCarthy,
Blair. Could be any number of players but I think the above is our best 21.

Davis didn't play in the Grand Final. Krakouer will replace a midfielder, possibly Johnson. A fit Dick will replace Blair.

Our team looks ridiculous for next year.

Johnson is a gun, he'll be replaced when he retires.....krakour for blair and then we worry about Dick when he's 100%.....seems we got a good problem with small running players,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...-1225936855626

COLLINGWOOD and Fremantle today face their "high noon" over Chris Tarrant, with both clubs refusing to yield to the other.

The Dockers are chasing Collingwood's second-round draft pick for the 30-year-old defender, while the Magpies have offered their fourth-round pick.

Tarrant, who has moved back to Victoria, said he would retire if he was not at Collingwood next year.

That threat has been dismissed by Fremantle and the AFL.

An AFL spokesman told the Herald Sun: "If he nominates for the draft, he plays for who selects him - or he doesn't play at all."

The Dockers said yesterday they would not budge on their demand because clubs such as Hawthorn and Carlton, who have picks before Collingwood, would pick up Tarrant in the national draft.

They believe the Magpies will increase their offer or lose Tarrant..

We are not offering 4th round, we are offering Pick 55. I don't think we will budge because frankly we are not desperate for him. It would be good to have him but not absolutely essential. Remember he is chasing Collingwood and not the other way around. We will try but not be ridiculously desperate.

We are not offering 4th round, we are offering Pick 55. I don't think we will budge because frankly we are not desperate for him. It would be good to have him but not absolutely essential. Remember he is chasing Collingwood and not the other way around. We will try but not be ridiculously desperate.

Good one BRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our team looks ridiculous for next year. Should look like;

Tarrant, Brown, Toovey
O'Brien, Reid, Maxwell
Shaw, Pendlebury, Didak
Beams, Cloke, Krakouer
Sidebottom, Dawes, Dick

FOLL: Jolly, Swan, Thomas
INTER: L Brown, Wellingham, Ball

SUB: Raffle it. Macaffer, Goldsack, Johnson, Buckley, Davis, McCarthy,

Blair. Could be any number of players but I think the above is our best 21.

Terribly lopsided backline. I don't understand this at all, I'll give you our starting team for round 1, barring injury.

Johnson Brown O'Brien
Maxwell Reid Shaw
Sidebottom Pendlebury Thomas
Didak Cloke Blair
Beams Dawes MaCaffer
Jolly Swan Ball
Wellingham, Brown, Toovey
sub: Goldsack

Why the hell would we start putting in Dick, Krakouer and Tarrant?? They need to prove themselves as boys like MaCaffer, Blair, Goldsack and ESPECIALLY Benny Johnson already have.
Drives me insane how quickly people want to make a fantasy team based on names. The premiership 22 is our starting 22 for round one. They deserve that at least (barring unforseen form drops or injury).

And on this, Benny Johnson has been sensational for the Collingwood FC, and yet supporters still love to query him. He showed absolutely no signs of slowing down this season, and his kicking even seemed to improve. He is a vital member of the team, I love that you can so flippantly chuck him out so Krakouer/Tarrant/Dick can get in.
Who kicked the second goal of the GF from 50, when we really needed it?? Have some respect Rusler.

No worries hero.

Why is my backline lopsided? Tarrant will play on smalls and will not replace Brown or Reid, O'Brien will become a pure running half back and Shaw will move to the wing to stay away from the forward tags. See what he did to St Kilda in Round 16 on the wing? I'd like to see him there long term. If you're one of those subscribing to the "Tarrant will be a backup player" line of thinking then you are sadly mistaken. The bloke's an out and out gun. Also, MM has also stated that he wants to use Toovey in a more advanced role next season and he wants to see him creating more run and pushing further up the ground. Perhaps Johnson would come into that side for him but I doubt it highly.

Dick is in our best 22 IMO, he is the only genuine forward pocket on our list and is a good one.

Krakouer was not recruited to play reserves. From all reports he just played the best WAFL season since the 80's and is the best player in the country outside the AFL. He will play Round 1.

Why should the premiership team play Round 1? It will be Round 1, 2011 and the start of a push to get us the 2011 premiership. The 2010 season will be irrelevant to that.

I like Johnson too, gun at times but I think others will go past him next season. That's just my opinion. Shoot it down if you want but you know as well as I do who will play Round 1 next year because we both DON'T know. That's the team that will take the field IMO. I like Johnson too and agree he's been a good player, very good at times but that just happens to players. I thought Lockyer was a gun in 2009, he was terrible in 2010. It just happens to guys. I still think Johnson will play a fair few games but as a purely outside player of reasonable pace and good kicking skills, I think Krakouer who has more genuine flair will play that role better next year.

The premiership side does not recruit a 27 and a 30 year old to not play them. That would be ridiculous and MM is on the record as saying that he believes Dick is a best 22 player.

Way to put your foot down AFL :rolleyes:

lol, im pretty sure thats what he meant by saying ill retire...

Ahh i love the AFL, when theres something that needs their assistance they are nowhere to be seen

Changing interchange rules for nothing though, that makes sense completely

Back on the trade though, look something will be sorted out tomorrow

I dont think that freo would want taz to walk away for nothing, they gain nothing from it

I've never been prouder of my club than I was this season, the past 2 years they simply haven't put a foot wrong on or off the field.

I fully expect us to walk away if the Pies don't show some respect, note the treatment down and bide our time....The shoe will one day be on the other foot.

I've never been prouder of my club than I was this season, the past 2 years they simply haven't put a foot wrong on or off the field.

I fully expect us to walk away if the Pies don't show some respect, note the treatment down and bide our time....The shoe will one day be on the other foot.

Do you think Jack Anthony would have been fair compensation for Taz or do you think Wellingham would have been closer to the mark? Both teams have put forward unrealistic offers because that's how commercial agreements are reached.

Both teams are playing hardball and trying to get the best deal for their clubs. Noone is disrespecting anyone. I think the deal will be done.

Do you think Jack Anthony would have been fair compensation for Taz or do you think Wellingham would have been closer to the mark? Both teams have put forward unrealistic offers because that's how commercial agreements are reached.

Both teams are playing hardball and trying to get the best deal for their clubs. Noone is disrespecting anyone. I think the deal will be done.

Pick 55 is a blatant spit in the face.

Jack Anthony was only value if we could pull a rabbit out of the hat and turn him into a backmen, we have no need for another one dimensional forward.

Treatment ? What treatment ?

The bloke wants to leave your club and come to ours.

We arent forcing him to come across, were not telling him to walk for nothing.

Honestly, i hope you guys do walk away with nothing. Not so that we can take Taz in a draft, i couldnt give a stuff if he comes or not, but so that you guys can show to the AFL that much like Ross Lyon last year, freo cant comprehend that getting something for a player is better than getting nothing

And whether we pick him up or not, or if he plays AFL again or not at the end of the day Freo wouldve lost their best defender on their list for nothing, which is a shame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back