Merged Tarrant Trade Threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can't you accept that a bloke wants to play footy with his mates and hopefully win a premiership? Is this beyond you?

Oh you and your rose-coloured glasses!

You do realise that there's only a handful of his mates left that he played with from his time at Collingwood? About 75% of your senior list has departed since he left for Freo in '07.

Why can't you accept that it's the money?

The gf is looking forward to your next instalment, though she thinks you should try more rom-com, now that's charming:thumbsu:

You really don't think he's worth a top 50 pick in a weak draft?

Well, looking at our list and comparing... No.

I'd rather take a punt with a kid that could potentially give us 5-10 years of football. Our list is healthy without him, he would be no different to having Presti in our side and I know I'd much rather have an ageing Presti than an ageing Tarrant in our backline.

If we get him, he will make a good substitute and offer some valuable experience to our younger guys, I can't see Taz having anything more in him compared to his 08, 09 seasons so for us, he is not worth less than a Top 50 pick. He may be for other clubs though.

Isn't Collingwood dealing fairly??? They made an offer and Freo haven't accepted.

We have 7 players leaving our main list this year (Taz, Solomon, Hall, Hase, Des, Thornton, BoB) 4 rookie upgrades to make this year (van Berlo, Barlow, SNOS and DeBoer), leaving us with (7-4) 3 live picks (at the moment); 20, 44 and 61. Pick 55 is worth essentially nothing... all it does is upgrade our final live pick 6 spots. The trade may as well be Tarrant + 61 for 55... (which would make Tarrant worth as much as Faulks, an untried VFL defender).

As you can understand, we have no incentive to do the deal.

For a 30 year old that has been prone to injuries in his last year, I don't think he is worth much more.

Yeah, I guess rolling your ankle in a marking contest and having a player dive across his legs injuring his knee in the process do make him injury prone. :rolleyes:

A 20 year old could have those injuries and he's unlucky. A 30 year old gets them and they're injury prone. I understand the older you are the longer it takes to recover, but not so much that you can say he's "prone to injuries".

I quite honestly don't want to debate whether or not Tarrant is on your best 22 or not. Currently he is one of the best defenders in the league, better at the moment than Reid and Brown. If you don't choose to play him because you want experience for Reid and Brown, that's your issue.

But are you saying you'd be a better side next year with whichever kid you get with you last pick in the draft on your list than with Tarrant on your list?

The thing is with Taz, we will get 1 or 2 years in him and thats it. Id rather take a punt with a kid that could have the potential to give us more.

Im happy with our setup at the moment which I believe is developing quite well into a solid backline.

With Shaw, Presti, Brown, Goldsack, Maxwell, O'brien, Reid, Toovey and Johnson as a running defender, he would be a subsitute at best.

If Presti retired, we could fit Taz, but he's still there.

Freo would be stupid to trade a player who will strengthen their main rival for the Flag.

I think that is the sticking point, unless the offer is really strong they just should not do it.

Who cares what Chris Tarrant wants?

Collingwood supporters need to get over themselves. Tarrant would quite easily be their best KPD next year if he plays 22 games, probably their best KPP. He's not worth much because of his age and small injury cloud.
Collingwood only just won the premiership this year. They are not above improvement and tarrant would improve their team for a year or two for next to nothing.
Collingwood should be looking at geelong in 08 and try and avoid a similar scenario.
Tarrant is worth more than a third rounder collingwood should stop being exploitative and offer freo half a carrot.

Yeah, I guess rolling your ankle in a marking contest and having a player dive across his legs injuring his knee in the process do make him injury prone. :rolleyes:

A 20 year old could have those injuries and he's unlucky. A 30 year old gets them and they're injury prone. I understand the older you are the longer it takes to recover, but not so much that you can say he's "prone to injuries".

The older you are, the more likely you are to receive an injury and take a hell of lot longer to recover, as what happened to Taz in 2010. Which happened to Bucks in his final years. A 19+ year old could potentially offer us a lot more and be less receptible to an injury.

You don't have to be a doctor to figure that out. I'm feeling the pain myself just trying to get out of bed to get to work and I maintain a pretty active lifestyle, although when I was 20???

The thing is with Taz, we will get 1 or 2 years in him and thats it. Id rather take a punt with a kid that could have the potential to give us more.

Im happy with our setup at the moment which I believe is developing quite well into a solid backline.

With Shaw, Presti, Brown, Goldsack, Maxwell, O'brien, Reid, Toovey and Johnson as a running defender, he would be a subsitute at best.

If Presti retired, we could fit Taz, but he's still there.

That's not the point though. It doesn't matter to us whether or not you'll play him.

For the years that you have him, Tarrant will strengthen your side. That's a fact. We're losing him for essentially nothing. Why should we just allow Tarrant to walk to your club and strengthen a fellow premiership rival?

We've asked for Pick 43. That is more than reasonable. If you can't get us that, then I highly doubt we'll let Tarrant walk to you for nothing.

Collingwood supporters need to get over themselves. Tarrant would quite easily be their best KPD next year if he plays 22 games, probably their best KPP. He's not worth much because of his age and small injury cloud.
Collingwood only just won the premiership this year. They are not above improvement and tarrant would improve their team for a year or two for next to nothing.
Collingwood should be looking at geelong in 08 and try and avoid a similar scenario.
Tarrant is worth more than a third rounder collingwood should stop being exploitative and offer freo half a carrot.

Puhlease...Won finals by 60+, 40+ & 50+..yeah only just won it. Had a draw after missing 4 bunnies and playing poorly for a half.

Which game did we only just win?

Tarrant could be a very good KPP for us IF he can replicate his 2009 season. History shows all players at age 30 aren't as good as they were 2 years earlier. Now I agree he is worth pick 43 but I don't expect him to playing to the level he did in 2009. Perhaps some on here just assume he'll be that player.

Why? When we don't really need him.

Granted, yes, he would offer valuable experience but no way would he be our best KPP.

You know what, I hope we don't get him, because I want to see youth and develop some more kids which has led to our success in 2010.

I don't think the Pies are really pushing for the trade as we are sitting quite good at the moment down back. Would only be a handy pickup so not worth wasting our lowest pick on him. Thats not exploiting the draft, thats just saying, this is all we are going to offer, its your choice to accept. No big deal if you don't.

Puhlease...Won finals by 60+, 40+ & 50+..yeah only just won it. Had a draw after missing 4 bunnies and playing poorly for a half.

Which game did we only just win?

Tarrant could be a very good KPP for us IF he can replicate his 2009 season. History shows all players at age 30 aren't as good as they were 2 years earlier. Now I agree he is worth pick 43 but I don't expect him to playing to the level he did in 2009. Perhaps some on here just assume he'll be that player.

Dont be stupid you drew the grand final. Wasn't exactly comprehensive.

Collingwood are not anywhere near as far ahead of the pack as they think they are. They would be stupid to not take tarrant because they think theyve already got the GF in the bag. As i said before look at geelong in 08. And they were far better than collingwood is.
Your getting tarrant for basically nothing stop being so greedy.

The older you are, the more likely you are to receive an injury and take a hell of lot longer to recover, as what happened to Taz in 2010. Which happened to Bucks in his final years. A 19+ year old could potentially offer us a lot more and be less receptible to an injury.

Yeah, that's age. That's why we're not asking for a couple of first round picks. That's why you'd be getting one of the best defenders in the league for Pick 43. That's already been factored in.

'Injury Prone', by definition, means you are prone to injuries, specifically, any type of injury except an impact injury (which are unpreventable, incidental and thus you cannot be prone to them). Tarrant has missed a massive 4 games in the past two years from such injuries (a foot strain this year). Tarrant is not 'injury prone'. You cannot use that as a means to reduce his price even further.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why? When we don't really need him.

Granted, yes, he would offer valuable experience but no way would he be our best KPP.

You know what, I hope we don't get him, because I want to see youth and develop some more kids which has led to our success in 2010.

I don't think the Pies are really pushing for the trade as we are sitting quite good at the moment down back. Would only be a handy pickup so not worth wasting our lowest pick on him. Thats not exploiting the draft, thats just saying, this is all we are going to offer, its your choice to accept. No big deal if you don't.

cloke MAY be better than Tarrant.
Tarrant is an AA full back Collingwood did not have a KPP close to AA this year. Tarrant would easily be your best KPD and can play on both talls and smalls.

That's not the point though. It doesn't matter to us whether or not you'll play him.

For the years that you have him, Tarrant will strengthen your side. That's a fact. We're losing him for essentially nothing. Why should we just allow Tarrant to walk to your club and strengthen a fellow premiership rival?

We've asked for Pick 43. That is more than reasonable. If you can't get us that, then I highly doubt we'll let Tarrant walk to you for nothing.

Like I said before, pick 43 is probably reasonable 'IF' it was another club asking for him but the fact is, he is not a required player for our backline so we have made an offer that we only believe is suitable for our benefit. I would rather take our chances in the draft with a kid.

At the end of the day, I don't think this deal will be done and Taz will retire.

It is no loss to us, only to the Freo dockers.

Hine has already come out and said they won't use Tarrant as a KPB but as a utility and suggested that they would have put Taz onto Goddard during the GF.

That alone makes any all of this "Tarrant won't be top 22" sound like what it is; crap.

Regardless of that, Freo will get screwed thanks to Tarrant.

Oh you and your rose-coloured glasses!

You do realise that there's only a handful of his mates left that he played with from his time at Collingwood? About 75% of your senior list has departed since he left for Freo in '07.

Why can't you accept that it's the money?

The gf is looking forward to your next instalment, though she thinks you should try more rom-com, now that's charming:thumbsu:

His best mates are all still at the club except for Heath Scotland. Ben Johnson, Dane Swan and Alan Didak were his best mates so I think that is a major factor and also the money would be good.

If Tarrant is going to replace either Brown or Reid then I dont want him becuase I dont want their development delayed for a 30 year old. We won the flag with Brown and Reid against the second best side in the comp, why couldnt we do it again. If he comes back I think we will play as a half back tagger such as on Goddard or Sam Fisher and he would spend some time up forward.

Hine has already come out and said they won't use Tarrant as a KPB but as a utility and suggested that they would have put Taz onto Goddard during the GF.

That alone makes any all of this "Tarrant won't be top 22" sound like what it is; crap.

Regardless of that, Freo will get screwed thanks to Tarrant.

I actually think a fair deal will be done.

cloke MAY be better than Tarrant.
Tarrant is an AA full back Collingwood did not have a KPP close to AA this year. Tarrant would easily be your best KPD and can play on both talls and smalls.

Correct me if im wrong, but isn't the only time Taz got AA is when he was with Collingwood in 03 as a forward? When was he AA full back??? News to me but im pretty sure he has only been selected once as AA. Happy to stand corrected.

Dont be stupid you drew the grand final. Wasn't exactly comprehensive.

Collingwood are not anywhere near as far ahead of the pack as they think they are. They would be stupid to not take tarrant because they think theyve already got the GF in the bag. As i said before look at geelong in 08. And they were far better than collingwood is.
Your getting tarrant for basically nothing stop being so greedy.

About as close as what your pack are???

Yeah, that's age. That's why we're not asking for a couple of first round picks. That's why you'd be getting one of the best defenders in the league for Pick 43. That's already been factored in.

'Injury Prone', by definition, means you are prone to injuries, specifically, any type of injury except an impact injury (which are unpreventable, incidental and thus you cannot be prone to them). Tarrant has missed a massive 4 games in the past two years from such injuries (a foot strain this year). Tarrant is not 'injury prone'. You cannot use that as a means to reduce his price even further.

I stand corrected, I thought he had missed more games than that.

He's AA quality. Would be if he played 22 games.

Was AA in 2003 and we all know he's better as a KPD.

Ignorance to the extreme.

Yes Tarrant has been a star defender for Fremantle in the last couple seasons but if you seriously think he's "better as a KPD" you have no idea. Tarrant, as a forward, was one of the best handful in the competition in 2003. If he'd mainteined that form over subsequent seasons he'd be recognised as a genuine superstar right now.

Tarrant's best football was at Collingwood and it was as a forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back