Merged Tarrant Trade Threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlton might call Collingwood's bluff in the PSD..

Then we will head to the courts for a restraint of trade case...

Connors was ready to go last year with Ball.

Then all hell would break loose.

Tarrant became one of our favourites for a few years in defence, but he never wanted to come here in the first place, and is pretty happy to talk bullshit and then screw us over in leaving.

In my opinion he would be the Pies #1 defender for at least one year, but I hope the match committe don't share that opinion and Reid/Brown keep him out of the side and he never plays again.

I don't really think Collingwood is much to blame here, sure they are in his ear telling him to not deal with other clubs, but they are only doing what any club would. Our anger should be 95% directed at Tarrant.

Freo wont lose him for nothing.

It's now a game of who flinches 1st. It will go down to the wire. Pies flinch and hand over 43 or Freo flinches and accepts 55.

Freo are not Ross Lyon and torn by bitterness. The deal will be done.

Similar to West Coast flinching on Judd, when there was no way they would not have received pick 1 instead of 3, if they held their nerve.

If Carlton want Anthony, the 3 way deal shows promise for their 3rd round pick.

Otherwise Im over it, dont really care.

Rather get rid of Anthony and Davis than secure Tarrant.

Whilst Im happy he wants come back, I think he's been disrespectful to Fremantle could have been handled a lot better.

Alfonz

Dont stress too much, Brown & Reid are our best defenders

Tarrant would be a back up or used as a utility spare parts man

Thats why I dont care too much about him and keep pick 43 at all costs

If Carlton want Anthony, the 2 way deal shows promise for their 3rd round pick.

Otherwise Im over it, dont really care.

Rather get rid of Anthony and Davis than secure Tarrant.

Whilst Im happy he wants come back, I think he's been disrespectful to Fremantle could have been handled a lot better.

Its Tarrants life, and Freo have nothing to say about it.

They played hardball last year with that muppet McPhee, Collingwood are doing the same thing...thats football & tarde week.

I think you'll find most players will see this as exactly what it is. Freo wanting a realistic trade, Collingwood sitting up on it's high horse.

Tarrant has lost alot of respect from Freo fans in this. He could have walked away with his head high, now he will be seen as a mercenary who appears to have been here solely for the money.

Well Collingwood told him he was going to get traded. He wasn't lured to Freo. The system got him there. He never wanted leave Collingwood in the first place.

Makes you wonder why he wants to go back then. Oh yeah, that's right. $$$$$$$.

He does along with a very good chance to win a premiership. The veterans list means he'll get more money with us and his manager knows it and will get a nice little earner out of it.

Paul Connors has been good for us but I rue the day a player he manages wants to leave us and does a similar thing. I don't expect for a few years while we are smokin but it'll happen one day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont think Freo fans should be angry an Tazz. He told you in advance he wanted to be traded to Collingwood. If he was a dog bloke he would have retired and nominated for the draft like Mal Micheal or just walk out on Freo after the trade period. You cant blame for asking a trade to one club. Now its up to Fremantle and Collingwood to get the deal done. I have a lot of respect for Freo and they are not like some of the other clubs who just refuse to deal with us. i dont want that to happen between Freo and us and I am positive a deal will be done tommorow. I hope.

Makes you wonder why he wants to go back then. Oh yeah, that's right. $$$$$$$.

he wants to go back to Victoria anyway. Colligwood is in Victoria, he's a Collingwood person, it's a good fit. He would have got similar $$ at Freo. In this case it's not his overriding objective.

I don't think Freo can stand there and say he's betrayed the club and is chasing $$.

I don't think Freo will cave. A pick in the 60s is basically worth nothing. Remember no one is going let Collingwood get a free pass for Tarrant as no one ever tries to let the premiers be stronger. They are going to have to pay fair value.

I would be very surprised if someone doesn't try pick him up in the PSD before Collingwood. Once again, Collingwood pick last. They are going to have GWS try poach players for next year and surely can't afford to offer Tarrant a huge contract as to scare other teams.

I would think that using a PSD selection (basically worthless) would be an excellent idea for a lot of clubs. Not only do you not let him go to Collingwood but you possibly gain a reasonable player. If he "retires" you have lost not much in terms of the PSD draft selection you lost. You won't pay his salary if he retires. You simply promote a Rookie Listed player who could have been drafted literally five or six selections later.

Collingwood won't get him unless they trade. It's worth another team taking him just to stop him going to Collingwood and the loss of a PSD selection isn't a big thing.

I don't think Freo will cave. A pick in the 60s is basically worth nothing. Remember no one is going let Collingwood get a free pass for Tarrant as no one ever tries to let the premiers be stronger. They are going to have to pay fair value.

I would be very surprised if someone doesn't try pick him up in the PSD before Collingwood. Once again, Collingwood pick last. They are going to have GWS try poach players for next year and surely can't afford to offer Tarrant a huge contract as to scare other teams.

I would think that using a PSD selection (basically worthless) would be an excellent idea for a lot of clubs. Not only do you not let him go to Collingwood but you possibly gain a reasonable player. If he "retires" you have lost not much in terms of the PSD draft selection you lost. You won't pay his salary if he retires. You simply promote a Rookie Listed player who could have been drafted literally five or six selections later.

Collingwood won't get him unless they trade. It's worth another team taking him just to stop him going to Collingwood and the loss of a PSD selection isn't a big thing.

Who said Tarrant was entering the PSD?

When you look at it this way, it essentially might not seem so Bad:

Freo: Lose Tarrant
Gain: Peter Faulks, Jarrod Blight, Pick 55 and Pick 61

It's not so bad for a 30 year old who will only have 2 years of footy left and would struggle to play 22 games per season.

I know that Freo supporters will say that they got screwed in the Tarrant deal, but has your loss outweighed your gains? You'll also end up getting Griffin from Adealide without losing too much. Surely you have enough players in McPhee, McPharlin, Johnson, Silvagni and even Faulks (VFL Full Back of the Year) to cover him?
Not trying o devalue or over value anyone- I just think that although he has been great for you guys in the last couple of years, you can cover him and add to your list.

Who said Tarrant was entering the PSD?

Replace PSD selection with a pick in the 50s. Its the same rubbish. Not worth a terrible lot. I'm sure Hawthorn with 52 and 54 and Carlton with 53 would licking their lips. Hawthorn is the one club which would make a heap of noise if Tarrant wouldn't play for them.

Make no mistake, what Collingwood are doing is crossing the line between reasonable practice to breaching the rules of the AFL. I have no doubt if he refuses to play for another team he will be banned for the length of contract and Collingwood will face some form of disciplinary action.

When you look at it this way, it essentially might not seem so Bad:

Freo: Lose Tarrant
Gain: Peter Faulks, Jarrod Blight, Pick 55 and Pick 61

It's not so bad for a 30 year old who will only have 2 years of footy left and would struggle to play 22 games per season.

I know that Freo supporters will say that they got screwed in the Tarrant deal, but has your loss outweighed your gains? You'll also end up getting Griffin from Adealide without losing too much. Surely you have enough players in McPhee, McPharlin, Johnson, Silvagni and even Faulks (VFL Full Back of the Year) to cover him?
Not trying o devalue or over value anyone- I just think that although he has been great for you guys in the last couple of years, you can cover him and add to your list.

What he said. As I said on the Freo board - get it done.

Tarrant became one of our favourites for a few years in defence, but he never wanted to come here in the first place, and is pretty happy to talk bullshit and then screw us over in leaving.

In my opinion he would be the Pies #1 defender for at least one year, but I hope the match committe don't share that opinion and Reid/Brown keep him out of the side and he never plays again.

I don't really think Collingwood is much to blame here, sure they are in his ear telling him to not deal with other clubs, but they are only doing what any club would. Our anger should be 95% directed at Tarrant.

Agree 100 percent with this. I would hate it if Medhurst was in full flight and wanting to do the same thing, but quite simply Fremantle don't have the upperhand, and apparently it is so frustrating to them and even other supporters that Collingwood do, that they're willing to pick a guy who doesn't want to play with them just to weaken Collingwood...Like it's gonna weaken us! We are the premiers and we won it with out him!!

I repeat to Fremantle supporters, what chance is there that Tarrant will miss games through injury next season? It would have to be at least 50-50 given his troubles this season and the fact he is 30. Tarrant could very well be retired this time next season even if he does go to Collingwood.

Can people not understand that perhaps he doesn't have the drive to start at a new club once more? and he wants to finish up with the club he loves. I think it is unfortunate for Fremantle, and I would be pissed if I were you too, but it is understandable from Tarrant's point of view.
He has always been a little questionable with his commitment to football, and if I were any other team I wouldn't go near him. But being back at Collingwood could see him play out another couple of serviceable years. I just hope that Mick Malthouse doesn't play favorites again...would he drop Tarrant to the VFL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back