Merged Warnock Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Warnock Similar to Wood Trade

I will be interested how this trade pans out.Not as clear cut as the Judd deal looked last year with the picks carlton had.

Freo will want pick 6. That is way over. carlton will offer pick 24 which will look unders from Freos perspective.

Re: Warnock nominates Carlton

How close was Griffin to gting a game this year?

Equal to Warnock? Just not true.

Its also supply and demand. Freo wants Griffin. At least 4 clubs want Warnock.

How close was he to getting a game? Leading our ruck division for the first 11 games. 8 and 3 record in that time. Far and away the best tap ruckman we have on our list. Averaged over 16 hit outs per game after around 8 in his first season - pretty good improvement. Injured hip / tired body after that due to needing more weight.

At this stage of their careers Griffin is ahead of Warnock.

4 clubs want Warnock, but he isn't contracted, whereas Griffin is, meaning we hold the chips, not Freo.

I will be interested how this trade pans out.Not as clear cut as the Judd deal looked last year with the picks carlton had.

Freo will want pick 6. That is way over. carlton will offer pick 24 which will look unders from Freos perspective.
Assuming it will be a straight two way deal, what choice will Freo have?

(i.e. no third party - Crows ruck going back to WA)

We aren't desperate for Warnock, so are unlikely to up the bid. He may refuse a trade to another club if Freo refuse to deal with the Blues.

= take pick 24 or lose him for nothing.

Freo are not minor premiers and unlikely to pull the "Port - Stevens" manouvre.......they need the picks, Port didn't.

Agree Carlton will have to give up a Player or 2

Re: Warnock Simmlar to Wood Trade

He is.

Got demoted to 4th in line which is the reason for his go home stories, because I'd say there is a strong chance he'll be delisted anyway next year.

And Kepler has actually been brilliant in that role if you'd been watching. ;)

You have got absolutely no idea.
Seriously, you have just proven you have ZERO idea.
I've seen some ridiculously uninformed posts in these forums, but yours just about takes the cake. DO NOT post if you don't know what you're talking about. I'm thrilled you have a red card as it means, at least for a while, you're limited in how much you can contaminate these boards with your worthless drivel.

Griffin started the year as our leading ruckman. Maric, Tippett and Moran were ALL available for selection, but Griff was given the nod. He spent the first 8 weeks in the role, and had some sensational games, including toweling up McIntosh and Hale, and making Carlton's ruck division look as ordinary as it is (at the moment). Before his injury, he averaged 20 hitouts and 10 touches. This is an excellent return for a ruckman playing his second year of AFL footy. In round 9, he injured his hip, and Ivan took over lead rucking duties, and Griffin was given less and less gametime and eventually dropped. He required surgery to play at 100% but we needed him as backup in case Ivan went down, so he didn't go under the knife until a couple of weeks ago.

Griffin is AT WORST our second ruckman, and the club has made it very public that it rates him as potentially our best. Ivan Maric, my favourite player, was below Griff in the pecking order before Griffin's injury, despite being far and away the best ruckman in the SANFL (had over 100 more hitouts than anyone else, and I believe was leading the magpies goalkicking as of his calling to AFL).

Griffin is an excellent young ruck prospect, and it would take something going horribly wrong for him to be delisted next year. He is a required player. We desperately want him to stay.

ye this is a big signing for us, whilst the future was looking bright for our ruck stocks, we didnt have a really good tap ruckman which is really important, this will take the pressure of kruz and release cloke into the forward which he's more than capabole of playing, kruze can play a good forward role as well, signs are good, it shows that players see us a team on the rise so ill be wrapt to get warnoch

I think that should read release Cloke to the Bullants.. Clokey has a crack but is a solid citizen at best... If Carlton are fair dinkum about playing finals C Cloke will be a depth player at best.. Had a good year by his standards but isn't the answer.. Not capable of playing fwd at AFL level other than in cameo roles.. Tis afact highlighted v Hawks when Hodge picked him up just zoned off him at will anda racked up 30 possies.. Don't get carried away by Cloke !!!!

How close was Griffin to gting a game this year?

Equal to Warnock? Just not true.

Its also supply and demand. Freo wants Griffin. At least 4 clubs want Warnock.

Do a little bit of reading before you post. Guaranteed to save you some embarrassment.

It also frees up Cam Cloke to be another roaming tall foward (took some ripper marks late in the season)
Carlton will be montys for the finals next year, with Warnock on board :D :D

Griffin injured his hip midway through the year, and was our no.1 ruckman.

now Warnock had a total of 71 hitouts in 9 games, hitting double figures in just 2 games. a high of 16 against melbourne. fine, he's young. but so is griffin.

Consider:
Round 4 Hawthorn 25 hitouts
Round 5 Freo 16 hitouts
Round 6 Carlton 33 hitouts
Round 7 North 28 hitouts
round 8 Melbourne 21 hitouts

now don't tell me this guy is not as good warnock. between round 6 & 8 he amassed 81 hitouts, which is 10 more than Warnock managed in his entire 9 game season in 2008.

After round 8, he was hampered by a hip injury. we are not keen to lose this guy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now compare Adelaide's first ruck and then think about Fremantle's first ruck...and get back to me. :thumbsu:

shallow school boy analysis. :thumbsu:

he played 16 games last year, when Ben Hudson was our no.1 ruck.
this year, he was our no.1 ruck and part of the reason we let hudson walk.

fact is warnock's output is considerably less this year, which is fine. but it shows up how little some of you freo adolescents know about Griffin, when you suggest he is clearly inferior to warnock.

Money has gotten to him obviously. He'd get far more opportunity for us than at Carlton.

Obviously :rolleyes:

What was Swann meant to say... Melbourne are shit, teetering on the brink of extinction, have no home and a dud list that doesn't look like playing finals for years to come. He was just trying to be kind.

shallow school boy analysis. :thumbsu:

he played 16 games last year, when Ben Hudson was our no.1 ruck.
this year, he was our no.1 ruck and part of the reason we let hudson walk.

fact is warnock's output is considerably less this year, which is fine. but it shows up how little some of you freo adolescents know about Griffin, when you suggest he is clearly inferior to warnock.

I don't know who is better out of Griffin or Warnock but it is a very valid point concerning the no1 rucks in the two teams when comparing how many taps Warnock or Griffin have won.

The fact that this seems to escape you shows your own inept analysis.

Yeah good move for Carlton, pretty much sures up their stocks..

But leaves Freo in need of a future ruckman, which is a worry for them..

Yeah if only we had say a 202cm 20 year old on the rookie list developing.

If we had one ...hypothetically I would call him Brent.

I don't understand why Freo fans would be happy about this. If he was open to move to any club in Melbourne, you would have had Melbourne, Carlton, Richmond, and possibly others trying to outbid each other for his services

Enjoy your pick 26, when you could have gotten a first rounder for him

We are not happy unless we get a fair price.

To Melb for pick 19 would be great ...arrange it thanks.

The only advantage is it shuts up a lot (not all) of the Melb supporters who seemed to think that Warnock was a Dee for free vias the PSD.

What is it Karl? moving into an apartment with his bro, best friends with CC etc.

Pick 6 would not be on the table for Warnock at all. To get one of the top 10 players in the competition like Kerr, sure, but for a beanpole ruckman with a big upside, I don't think so. To be honest, I don't know if Griffin wants to go home to WA or just leave Adelaide, but I'd be keener on him. Much less hype about him, would want less money, would cost less in a trade, but performances so far are better than Warnock's. He absolutely destroyed us in the ruck earlier this year with 33 hit-outs or something...

Fremantle are saying they want Carltons first pick for Warnock. They surely don't think Carlton or any other club are that stupid. Who do they think they are trading with? Fremantle?:D

Warnock should be going for their second rounder and a reasonable player in the end.

Fremantle are saying they want Carltons first pick for Warnock. They surely don't think Carlton or any other club are that stupid. Who do they think they are trading with? Fremantle?:D

Warnock should be going for their second rounder and a reasonable player in the end.

If Carlton thinks Warnock is worth paying $400k for 4 years then why shouldn't Fremantle demand a trade commensurate with that level of payment?

The Dockers are quite right in asking for a first round draft pick!

We are not happy unless we get a fair price.

That's fair, I'd want the same thing.

To Melb for pick 19 would be great ...arrange it thanks.

I'd be very happy with that deal

The only advantage is it shuts up a lot (not all) of the Melb supporters who seemed to think that Warnock was a Dee for free vias the PSD.

Not all Melbourne fans have this opinion, if the above deal was done then we'd still have our psd pick to use. The psd pick gives us leverage in negotiations, that's all.

Edit, almost forgot, it's great news to hear that he hasn't decided to go to Carlton yet.

In the paper today Warnocks manager is having a formal meeting with both Melbourne and Richmond about Warnock. Also reported Saints are interested.

Makes a good fit for the Saints. Pick 12 if they lose this week and he will be back up to Steven King for a year before taking over, if he proves himself, with Ben McEvoy as his back up when King retires. I'm hearing Michael Gardiner will call it a day at years end.

I doubt anyone will offer more then pick 12.

Pardon my ignorance, but has Warnock actually done anything to this point?

On what I have seen (admittedly not much of Warnock), Griffin has shown far more than Warnock and he would certainly be my pick out of the two of them.

Do any non-Freo fans beg to differ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Merged Warnock Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back