Message to Norf

Remove this Banner Ad

If anyone wants some extra lulz go on Norf board and check out what spin one of the biggest tools to ever have access to interwebz Knobstackle spitting out :D:thumbsu:

I visit that board as much as I do the dogs board. My god they are delusional. OBSTacle especially.

Ha, I know Bruce and McDonald weren't great in their last years, I just had a bite at the bait.

What about my assessments of my own team? My best players? Or the fact that we were shit?

Also to Gus and PieBeast, other then OBSTacle, who is really sticking up for North on the board. There has been a thread about Rawlings, one about all the negatives, one about 'what would you say to the players after the game' or something along those lines, and that has all been negative responses.

And good on OBSTacle, trying to find positives out of what was a bleak day. I am willing to bet a lot of things that there would be at least 5 posters from every club that would see good things from 10+ goal losses. And OBSTacle is one of ours, good for him.

Ha ha that idiot Obstacle is stating that it was not that bad, it was only bad kicking for goal and turnovers.

Pies had 38 shots on goal to 21, dominated the inside 50's and in the turn overs were mainly due to pressure, real and perceived.

How can anyone be so friggen deluded, Pies missed plenty of easy shots on goal as well. Pies are in 3rd gear at the moment, plenty of improvement left in them.

Good to see the Pie fans ignore this club, only 40,000 bothered to show up, not bad for a practice match.

My favourite, bite me in the arse comment this week was from Scott.

What was he saying about it being embarrassing that Collingwood do not wear a clash jumper. Nah mate, the only thing that was embarrassing was those 22 jalopies you put on the park today. Well there was one other thing, your coaching.

Norf's new motto should be 'relocate or die'.

Went and watched today.

We were unequivocally, pants-wettingly, horrifically crap. Not one player won their position. Senior players like Harvey, Rawlings, Petrie, Firrito were simply not good enough. We were outclassed in every single facet of the game, completely dominated by a side that is better drilled, faster, harder at the contest, better skilled, and quite simply wants it more than we do at the moment. This thread, while a massive troll & filled with more hate than you would normally see in the Bay, is correct in stating that we were shit.

I also don't think it's Brad Scott's fault. I don't think there's many coaches in the AFL who can devise a gameplan to beat Collingwood at the moment. I can't see them losing this year, and they deserve flag favouritism.

why the **** would you pick Atley ahead of Darling let alone boast about it being a cheap pick afterwards.

him and yarran would have to be 2 of the shittest young players of all time.

I thought Atley was one of our better players today. Showed a lot under severe pressure from Collingwood players, and did some things that displayed that he can be a great player for North in the future. As with most of our young guys though, he is not ready to take games apart with his bare hands yet.

Whatever. There are few positives from today. One is that surely, it can't get much worse. We played what is absolutely the best-drilled side in the competition today across all facets & areas of football and we were rightly handed our arses.

Collingwood will do this to a lot more teams this year.

Also, Leon - your hard-on for SLF is starting to worry me.

Ha, I know Bruce and McDonald weren't great in their last years, I just had a bite at the bait.

What about my assessments of my own team? My best players? Or the fact that we were shit?

Also to Gus and PieBeast, other then OBSTacle, who is really sticking up for North on the board. There has been a thread about Rawlings, one about all the negatives, one about 'what would you say to the players after the game' or something along those lines, and that has all been negative responses.

And good on OBSTacle, trying to find positives out of what was a bleak day. I am willing to bet a lot of things that there would be at least 5 posters from every club that would see good things from 10+ goal losses. And OBSTacle is one of ours, good for him.
Mate he spent all yesterday dribbling shit on our board how you'll be competitive and will lose by under 5 goals if at all, now he's saying that the margin should have been a lot closer after we had 17 more scoring shots. There's a difference between being optimistic and trying to salvage something from the wreckage and blind, stubborn delusion.
I'm really, really glad he doesn't follow us.

PS. the only positive you blokes can take out of this game is Richardson's form.

the margin should have been a lot closer after we had 17 more scoring shots.

It should have been.

Our kicking for goal was abysmal. Had we converted the 5-6 easy chances that butchered, it turns into a 57-ish point game. Still not winnable and still a shit day at the office, but a lot closer than 87 points.

It should have been.

Our kicking for goal was abysmal. Had we converted the 5-6 easy chances that butchered, it turns into a 57-ish point game. Still not winnable and still a shit day at the office, but a lot closer than 87 points.

17 more scoring shots tells me the margin could have been a bit bigger.

17 scoring shots for 87 points - and Travis Cloke being your only forward gun - and you think it should have been bigger?

Massive maths fail.

Obviously the Pies missed a fair few easy ones too, but just consider the scenario where your scoreline stays the same, and we get goals from a couple of Harveys shots, 1 of Lachie Hansens, and 1 or 2 of Lindsay Thomas shots. All of a sudden it is not 87, it is a still pathetic but not horrendous margin of 60 odd.

And he was confident, he was wrong by a fair way, can't see the fault in that. We are allowed to be confident in our club.

Really? Not another performance from Leigh Adams that suggests to me that he will be an elite player, and could possibly be our next captain instead of Swallow?
While Adams wasn't our best, some of the stuff he does just oozes class and every other synonym of class, courage and leadership you can possibly think of.

edit: Sorry for not quoting, forgot to a few times this afternoon. This was all directed at PieBeast.

I'm not even going to try and argue about "who's missed shots on goal were easier chances". Fact is, we missed 5-6 easy, open, straight in front goals, which is inexcusable in a professional environment when it is your job to kick those goals.

I just thank Christ it wasn't a 100+ point belting. Collingwood will absolutely dole out one of those to someone before the season is out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

17 scoring shots for 87 points - and Travis Cloke being your only forward gun - and you think it should have been bigger?

Massive maths fail.

Have you been living on an island? We have a bloke called Dawes and we always have multiple goalkickers and don't rely on 1 or 2 players (like your mob does) to score our goals.

Massive clue fail :thumbsu:

I'm not even going to try and argue about "who's missed shots on goal were easier chances". Fact is, we missed 5-6 easy, open, straight in front goals, which is inexcusable in a professional environment when it is your job to kick those goals.

I just thank Christ it wasn't a 100+ point belting. Collingwood will absolutely dole out one of those to someone before the season is out.

Lets agree that the margin was about right and the gap between our sides is immense.

Lets agree that the margin was about right

At this stage it is an accurate reflection of..

and the gap between our sides is immense.

Huge. Gigantic. Gargantuan. Epic. Colossal.

Collingwood is that far ahead of everyone else in the competition right now, it's not even slightly humorous.

Collingwood is that far ahead of everyone else in the competition right now, it's not even slightly humorous.

Each to their own FG, each to their own ;)

Have you been living on an island? We have a bloke called Dawes and we always have multiple goalkickers and don't rely on 1 or 2 players (like your mob does) to score our goals.

Massive clue fail :thumbsu:

Dawes is average at best. Your goals come largely from your mids, and your forwards are made to make so much better than they are.

Cloke is your only power forward, except the spaz can't kick to save himself.

Self awareness fail.

7.1 so far this year.

It is indeed you that is full of fail.

That won't take long to unwind. Unless the flat track bully keeps getting flat tracks.

He did very nearly cost you a premiership, after all.

Here's a challenge - Name Norths best players today.

Their oldest was streets ahead.

Port + North =/= Competition. You've both lost to the wooden spooners FFS :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Message to Norf

Remove this Banner Ad

Back