Michael Jackson!!

Remove this Banner Ad

First of all I don't know either way whether Michael Jackson did or did not sexually molest children but if he did then I don't think his stature as the King of Pop should excuse him from the laws of our society.

Sure it should. He was famous.

You think after all his achievements and the charity work he did he should be treated the same as everybody else???

FFS.

If you didn't like him, don't post. If you are judging him purely through rumour and conjecture and not because of two court cases, in the modern law era, that found him innocent, don't post. He didn't die rotting in jail. He died, preparing to do what he did best... entertain, as an innocent man.

Michael should be judged on his achievements as a musician and as a philantropist. In fact, he should be revered, in his relatively premature death, for such.

So he spent the last years of his life a reviled freak. Dave Chappelle famously said once, everything he went through, every procedure, he went through for the fans.

He was messed up. Famous as a toddler. The two aren't mutually exclusive. If you judge him by the assumption that he never once inappropriately treated a child, he should be seen as one of the sweetest yet f***ed up humans to walk this planet.

The joy he gave billions is insurmountable.

Comparisons are irrelevant. Princess Diana ended her life a tart, a fact glazed over.

Let the fans mourn in peace.

The ignorance shown in kicking a dead man while he is down in this thread is pathetic.

I prefer to remember the Michael Jackson today that released an album called Dangerous when I was a kid that electrified the world and helped me love music. I listened to him today for the first time in years. I've moved on from that style, but just remembering how I felt as a 12 year old with slicked back hair, with a curl on my forehead, brought a smile.

He was once the most famous man in the world for the right reasons.

And he isn't a joke any more, thank God.

Sure it should. He was famous.

You think after all his achievements and the charity work he did he should be treated the same as everybody else???

Yes i do because he is like everyone else, a human being. You break the law you should be punished. Maybe we should just get rid of lawyers and people can bring in their tax receipts from charities and use them as a defence. :rolleyes:

Yes i do because he is like everyone else, a human being. You break the law you should be punished.

MJ was a celebrity ffs, he was nothing like normal everyday people.

You think famous people should have to follow laws that were designed for the rest of society??? What a load of rubbish.

Famous people should be above the law and free to do as they please.

FFS.

If you didn't like him, don't post. If you are judging him purely through rumour and conjecture and not because of two court cases, in the modern law era, that found him innocent, don't post. He didn't die rotting in jail. He died, preparing to do what he did best... entertain, as an innocent man.

Michael should be judged on his achievements as a musician and as a philantropist. In fact, he should be revered, in his relatively premature death, for such.

So he spent the last years of his life a reviled freak. Dave Chappelle famously said once, everything he went through, every procedure, he went through for the fans.

He was messed up. Famous as a toddler. The two aren't mutually exclusive. If you judge him by the assumption that he never once inappropriately treated a child, he should be seen as one of the sweetest yet f***ed up humans to walk this planet.

Comparisons are irrelevant. Princess Diana ended her life a tart, a fact glazed over.

The ignorance shown in kicking a dead man while he is down in this thread is pathetic.

I prefer to remember the Michael Jackson today that released an album called Dangerous when I was a kid that electrified the world and helped me love music. I listened to him today for the first time in years. I've moved on from that style, but just remembering how I felt as a 12 year old with slicked back hair, minus a curl on my forehead, brought a smile.

Princess Diana wasn't a tart, she was a Princess, in my eyes any way, so don't kick her when she's down either.

MJ was a celebrity ffs, he was nothing like normal everyday people.

You think famous people should have to follow laws that were designed for the rest of society??? What a load of rubbish.

Famous people should be above the law and free to do as they please.

Yeah not liking the worm much any more sorry. Go and find a bite from someone else.

Princess Diana wasn't a tart, she was a Princess, in my eyes any way, so don't kick her when she's down either.

I may have missed the old rolly eyes there, jozeph. I'm making a point. She was revered in death, deservedly, for what she did best, not knocked down for elements of her personal life that may, or may not, have happened.

King Kong?

My understanding was that Michael Jackson was a child molesting freakshow who hadn't made a decent contribution to music in 15 years. I could be wrong of course.

That's about right. He hadn't put out any music of note for a long long time... he just became more of a freakshow gathering fame as he settled abuse cases out of court and dangled a baby from a balcony.

Truly the king of pop! Billie Jean, Thriller and Beat it are definitely my favourites. PYT, Smooth Criminal ... I could go on and on. So many great songs. R.I.P. MJ.

NO NO NO - Jamie Redfern was the true King of Pop... he was crowned by Liberace!

I may have missed the old rolly eyes there, jozeph. I'm making a point. She was revered in death, deservedly, for what she did best, not knocked down for elements of her personal life that may, or may not, have happened.

Yeah missed that, I read the bit where you said she ended her life as a tart, and I stuck up for her.

Yeah missed that, I read the bit where you said she ended her life as a tart, and I stuck up for her.

It is alleged fact that Mr Hewitt was dipping his wick whilst Diana was in wedlock;)

Since others have chosen to discuss this matter here rather than in the lounge, I will just say I don't remember where I was when I heard Lady Di planted her face into the dashboard of a Merc, and I won't remember where I was when I heard Micko Jacko snuffed it.

But I will always remember exactly where I was when I heard the infinitely more tragic news that the King was dead - ie when Wayne Carey quit NMFC.

It is alleged fact that Mr Hewitt was dipping his wick whilst Diana was in wedlock;)

It was also alleged that Michael Jackson was sleeping with children, I think he even admitted it.

BTW what is 'alleged fact'?

Since others have chosen to discuss this matter here rather than in the lounge, I will just say I don't remember where I was when I heard Lady Di planted her face into the dashboard of a Merc, and I won't remember where I was when I heard Micko Jacko snuffed it.

But I will always remember exactly where I was when I heard the infinitely more tragic news that the King was dead - ie when Wayne Carey quit NMFC.

I thought he was sacked?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was also alleged that Michael Jackson was sleeping with children, I think he even admitted it.

BTW what is 'alleged fact'?

Irony.

Just like it is 'alleged fact' he f***ed those children.

FFS.

I prefer to remember the Michael Jackson today that released an album called Dangerous when I was a kid that electrified the world and helped me love music. I listened to him today for the first time in years. I've moved on from that style, but just remembering how I felt as a 12 year old with slicked back hair, with a curl on my forehead, brought a smile.

Excellent post bar the Princess Diana bit, not commenting on that. Jackson was never convicted, and as far as im aware most pedophiles are repeat offenders. Where are they all? Its more likely one caught him by surprise another tried to cash in. Doesnt building your own zoo, theme park tell you something about the guy.....lost childhood, protected since like forever. He is no more a pedophile than any of you. Oh and hows that wonderful skin treatment that turns black skin into white? Selling plenty of that product are they. Oh it was a skin problem after all? No wonder he become a recluse, who wouldnt after all he went through?

Who needs courts, trial by womens mags!!

Me too... I was cleaning Anthony Steven's bathroom.

It was a shock and lets hope we remember him as the king of pop.R.I.P Jacko.you gave so much and now u can rest in peace.

There it goes again, 'alleged fact' I'm not a lawyer but can someone explain this to me.

Again, irony.

It means I'm not willing to judge someone in their death for something that someone will swear blind is true despite having no evidence in front of them.

I called up the Princess Diana thing because I can guarantee that, as far as media circuses go, this is the biggest death since. And things that may have caused public judgement in Dianas life were ignored in her passing, true or not. And while I'm not intending to compare adultery to child molestation, we are really talking about baseless, 'his word against mine' accusations. Jackson was found innocent of the charges and it shouldn't be gleefully bandied about when the bloke died.

Again, irony.

It means I'm not willing to judge someone in their death for something that someone will swear blind is true despite having no evidence in front of them.

I called up the Princess Diana thing because I can guarantee that, as far as media circuses go, this is the biggest death since. And things that may have caused public judgement in Dianas life were ignored in her passing, true or not. And while I'm not intending to compare adultery to child molestation, we are really talking about baseless, 'his word against mine' accusations. Jackson was found innocent of the charges and it shouldn't be gleefully bandied about when the bloke died.

Yeah but Jackson admitted being in bed with the kids didn't he, I'm not suggesting he had sex with them but heck if you're in bed with a kid... well i'll leave the rest up to you.

And 'alleged fact' isn't irony.

Yet, I guarantee he still picks up more chicks in one day than you have in your life time.

By chicks you mean monkies and small boys.

Mick Jagger gets more action than anyone and he has the head of a slapped arse. Who cares. I have a GF, I don't need to screw a lot of brain dead chicks.

The man was "Different", and his music was good, a lot of people loved him, me, not a big fan, but I appreciate his "Musical Talent!"
Having worked in the music industry for a long time, I know there will be only one winner in the passing of Michael Jackson, and that winner will be............... Sony Music!!! :(

FFS.

You're on the list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Michael Jackson!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back