Coach Michael Voss

Remove this Banner Ad

I knew that eventually the players would turn against him once the pressure of expectations came. Are we really surprised that this playing group and board are throwing middle management under the bus again?

I don’t know if vossy is the right man. I’m sort of leaning towards him probably not being the guy but I do know for certain that this playing group and board are already showing signs of fracturing.

If he can manage to get us going in the next 9 games while the circus is running in the background, even if we go 5-4, then I’d seriously consider giving him an extension because he’ll once again get us into finals contention in spite of what he’s up against.

Players are already turning their heads, losing trust in the organisation and each other. We havent built a foundation that can withstand the scrutiny of expectations and that’s on the club hierarchy.

I love the emblem but some of the people representing it at the moment are making me sick.

How do you know this for certain?

I described what was happening and its effect in teh match thread in response to Jimmae...

it had NOTHING to do with player playing "more freely" btw and lot to do with a player actullhy kicking a goal followed by another and another...and then another and then another

oh and what Voss DID do - something which you and your CLub of mates failed to recognise or understand is change the structure of teh forward line to create discomfort in the settled game plan that teh doggies had - their defensive deficiencies made into wins in teh first half ONKLY because successive missed set shots and gettable in play goals were so badly missed

that is a coach trying everything he can to make up for the absolute disgrace in frin tof goal that was the first half..

you know plan B or whatever other nonsense people on here post and then. get likes for ..
i utterly agree with this for the match but in a broader sense he is as responsible for the players having the preparation and skill to kick the goal as he is in making the gameday shifts to enable the positional changes in the second half.

How are the fans impatient?

The club hasn't won anything since 1995.

How much money have the fans poured into the club since then?

At some stage it gets to the point of the fans loyalty being taken advantage of.
Herein lies the problem, we have been waiting 28 years and expect somebody like Voss to come in and fix it all up for us within 18 months.
No strong, stable and successful club was ever built off the back of chopping and changing all the time. It's quite sad, as a club and as a supporter group we have become Richmond of the 80s and 90s

this is a Welcome VOSS thread one you and your mates have been busy using to bag the coach
Oh I’m sorry, I didn’t know I had to be all rainbows & sunshine because it’s a “welcome to” 😂
U might want to check out the other part of the heading
Does the Voss gloss still dazzle?
I just don’t understand how I & so many football pundits have got the second half so wrong. Nothing changed in how we played, it’s all just kicking straight

Herein lies the problem, we have been waiting 28 years and expect somebody like Voss to come in and fix it all up for us within 18 months.
No strong, stable and successful club was ever built off the back of chopping and changing all the time. It's quite sad, as a club and as a supporter group we have become Richmond of the 80s and 90s
I'd appreciate you not lumping everyone into whatever this supporter group you speak of is. But yes, there is certainly a definite core of Richmond style toxicity around Carlton at the moment.

I'd appreciate you not lumping everyone into whatever this supporter group you speak of is. But yes, there is certainly a definite core of Richmond style toxicity around Carlton at the moment.
You'll be lumped in and you'll like it.

People are pissed off, we are losing and are worst of all - shit to watch!
Knowing there’s a very real chance we are going to get pantsed by the pies & lose to * a few week later (with a little Demon touch up in between), a certain amount of toxicity & unrest is not unexpected or unreasonable

How do you know this for certain?
You’re taking me too literally. This is how I see it, if I’m wrong then I will acknowledge it if someone shows it in front of me. I have no agenda on this platform. My opinions are based on patterns of application and behaviours that present on game day, during the lead up and wash up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tnrdiscord-the-new-resistance.gif

BS....you need to stop reading the crap that tells you this inane stuff. TV , Newspapers etc...they are just irelevant to our situation

You want the facts, here it is....next game the lads front up and try again, and they keep doing that over and over.
Theres some issues that need fixing on field. the coaches are trying to do that. It takes time to change everything.

As to boards and middle management etc.. yes its important long term but right now....who cares...none of that will straighten our kicking for goal.
i fundamentally agree with you but we’re not chatting in the game thread currently so I think my post isn’t exactly BS. That’s how you see it though

People are pissed off, we are losing and are worst of all - s**t to watch!
Knowing there’s a very real chance we are going to get pantsed by the pies & lose to * a few week later (with a little Demon touch up in between), a certain amount of toxicity & unrest is not unexpected or unreasonable

Rant, melt, question, etc

But no level of toxicity is ever reasonable

l don't believe most supporters expected a top 4 finish at the start of the year, however a 5th-8th position was a geninue realistic goal.

Right now unless things change quickly and based on our immediate fixture we could very well be in the 10th-12th range.

The team has gone backwards, and rightfully supporters are seeking some answers, the skill level has declined, the game plan has been very conservative since game 1, which indicates this was game plan developed over summer, which has been awful to watch.

i fundamentally agree with you but we’re not chatting in the game thread currently so I think my post isn’t exactly BS. That’s how you see it though
yeah ..I withdraw the BS....we all get a bit passionate in here ...cheers man

I think in reality we all mostly agree...just many creative ways to put it.

l don't believe most supporters expected a top 4 finish at the start of the year, however a 5th-8th position was a geninue realistic goal.

Right now unless things change quickly and based on our immediate fixture we could very well be in the 10th-12th range.

The team has gone backwards, and rightfully supporters are seeking some answers, the skill level has declined, the game plan has been very conservative since game 1, which indicates this was game plan developed over summer, which has been awful to watch.
If you change expected to hoped for its much more realistic and takes away some angst.

lt is more about the direction we are heading in, what ever way you wish to term it, we have gone backwards significantly from last year.

Our good players are playing not even close to their capabilities.
Yes I know. Don't ever think I am not dissapointed at this stage. But it can change fast. So yes hope is all that we have. Expectation is not a good word when following a team, its far too rigid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Michael Voss

Remove this Banner Ad

Back