Opinion Mick Malthouse

What is the next move on Mick?

• Sack him immediately; replacement coach to see out the year.

Votes: 192 48.9%
  • Let him coach out the year then show him the door.

Votes: 70 17.8%
  • Sign him now to give coaches and players some direction.

Votes: 81 20.6%
  • Not sure yet... still too angry to think clearly.

Votes: 50 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The continuous media noise about Malthouse from people like Wallace after every loss is nothing more than self serving tripe.

From an outsider's perspective, I wasn't too sure about Mark LoGiudice's comments in regards to players being tradable and so on, mainly because I think that could have a detrimental effect on morale- but he's doing nothing wrong in saying the coach is contracted and that they will review. And he's especially doing nothing wrong repeating that ad nauseam whenever Wallace or Stevens or Barrett or some other muckraker brings it up after every loss.

It's all white noise and as supporters, it's best to just ignore those sort of types and their comments.

Great post - I don't know if MM is the answer but if the club bows to the media pressure to sack MM then I think it paints a bad picture of our club for any new replacement coach we might be courting.

GC were doing well when Ablett was getting it 40+ times a game, when he got injured they were ordinary.

McKenna turned a blind eye to the players boozing and mischief every weekend, he's not going to get another job as an AFL head coach for a while.

He was stiff Basset, didn't he do his knee twice? Could play a bit as well.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...oad-to-milestone/story-e6frecru-1111116683672

"To get there (200 games), Bassett has had to endure two broken legs, two fractured shoulder blades, a cracked sternum, dislocated elbow, shoulder reconstruction, fractured foot, broken ankle, broken finger, knee and groin surgeries, neck injuries and three concussions.
Then there was the biggest hit of all - being diagnosed with type 1 diabetes"

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...oad-to-milestone/story-e6frecru-1111116683672

"To get there (200 games), Bassett has had to endure two broken legs, two fractured shoulder blades, a cracked sternum, dislocated elbow, shoulder reconstruction, fractured foot, broken ankle, broken finger, knee and groin surgeries, neck injuries and three concussions.
Then there was the biggest hit of all - being diagnosed with type 1 diabetes"

yer I recall someone in here questioning whether he was hard enough

here's your answer

Great post - I don't know if MM is the answer but if the club bows to the media pressure to sack MM then I think it paints a bad picture of our club for any new replacement coach we might be courting.
The club have to show some maturity & make the decision re: the senior coaching position in their own time, not the time dictated by the media or supporters for that matter.

Sacking a coach mid-season is a knee jerk reaction which doesn't often end well. We need to go through a proper process in either reappointing Malthouse or choosing a new coach. If it is not done this way, then we can look forward to more of the same instability & media harassment.

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2015-05-13/no-more-stale-footy

With the likes of Zach Tuohy, Dylan Buckley and Andrew Walker running off the half-back line, Barker said they need to encourage their dash through the corridor.

“We’ve probably seen over the last few weeks, when the game has been on the line, we haven’t played with that same dare and we need to,” Barker said.

“We’ve got a good set of half-backs who can use the ball, who can use their legs, and we need to make sure we make the most of that and not go back into down-the-line, stale footy."

How about we just use the corridor more often then not then?

Our usual boundary football has failed miserably for three seasons now.

With the likes of Zach Tuohy, Dylan Buckley and Andrew Walker running off the half-back line, Barker said they need to encourage their dash through the corridor.

“We’ve probably seen over the last few weeks, when the game has been on the line, we haven’t played with that same dare and we need to,” Barker said.

“We’ve got a good set of half-backs who can use the ball, who can use their legs, and we need to make sure we make the most of that and not go back into down-the-line, stale footy."

flipping Einstien Barker

My favourite Nathan Basset story was when he punched Adelaide teammate Ian Perrie in the face for throwing a ball of tape and abusing a draftee during his first training session in 2005.

Wonder if he put that on his resume?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guy as an outsider looking in I really think the coach is only a small party of the problem with the Blues at the moment where as I think it's 99% of the problem at my club. Your list is in rebuild mode

Sounds like Barker is trying to distance himself from MMs game plan.

I want Mark Roberts to be our next coach, because just think of the headlines when we beat Footscray

"THE FRIDGE 'COOLS' BEVERIDGE !!!!!"

Okay so that was rather Cliff Clavin cringe-worthy, but hey, I'm trying to keep up the comedy quota around here :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back