Opinion Mick Malthouse

What is the next move on Mick?

• Sack him immediately; replacement coach to see out the year.

Votes: 192 48.9%
  • Let him coach out the year then show him the door.

Votes: 70 17.8%
  • Sign him now to give coaches and players some direction.

Votes: 81 20.6%
  • Not sure yet... still too angry to think clearly.

Votes: 50 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And then you'll give the stock standard "I don't buy into rumours (even though I can assure you they're not rumours".

So I can't really be bothered. I do enjoy reading your theories though.
O/T- how much do you think Boyd from GWS would be on per year? or starting sal. Would he be on more money given he went no.1 pick? this intrigues me

Like I said, players play with niggles all the time. He sprinted 60m at full speed to kick a goal against the Saints. He can't be that hampered.

O/T- how much do you think Boyd from GWS would be on per year? or starting sal. Would he be on more money given he went no.1 pick? this intrigues me

I know first round picks get paid more than 2nd and 3rd round picks etc, but I'm not sure if pick 1 gets paid more than other first round picks. Would be interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no obsession- if you read all of my comments i have also stated a few times, is it micks fault that the list is where its at i say no its not. Is he a bad coach.. not from what i believe, all i have stated is that he is arrogant and is doing carlton, my team, no favours with being so god damned arrogant. He is the head coach, so he should just Deal with it!

No problem with being arrogant in football. He believes in himself and what he's doing. Most people misconstrue confidence with arrogance. a lot of the greats are confident... ah arrogant.

Yeah good on you mate. How's about you show me an example as opposed to taking the cheap shot?

You're right it was a cheap shot, but not one I'm recoiling from.

You are no doubt a Blues supporter and have the right to voice opinions on here. What gives me the irrits is when posters create accounts or occasionally emerge from behind various geological formations or nutrient rich water holes to malign the club, players or coach. That's a class act.

You talk about facts

1. Ratten had 5 years at the club.
2. His best finish was 5th.
3. It's 2014. Ratten is no longer the senior coach.
4. Malthouse is in the middle of a 3 year contract.
5. The team is sitting on 5 wins and 11 losses.
6. Malthouse knows more about football than all of us here.

If the team, and by extension Malthouse, continue to struggle his position as senior coach will be tenuous. Question is how long will the Board be prepared to wear the 'short term' pain.

I didn't bring Ratten into the debate but I refuse to sit there and listen to people put the blame on him, just an absolute joke. I put forward both positive and negative points about Malthouse's tenure and I thought they were fair and equal. Some people disagreed but responded with class, others just took the dismissive approach and opted for pot shots. I'll be sure to learn my lesson and just ignore them in the future.

Funny how Sellers could only name the failures who were assistants under Mick (Watters and Neeld) - would've been nice if someone reminded him about Brad Scott & Guy McKenna.

But that would just diminish his argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back