Mike Sheahan's predictions for 2008 were

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In footy classified at the start of the year all the panellists had to suggest a player to watch in 2008.

Gary Lyon - Scott Thompson (Kangaroos) > FAIL
Craig Hutchison - Mitch Thorp (Hawks) > FAIL
Glenn Archer - Lachlan Hansen (Kangaroos) > Pass
Caroline Wilson - Cyril Rioli (Hawks) > F***ing NOSTRADAMUS!

Probably the only thing the ugly old hag got right all year

She also said that Melbourne would finish 5th this season.

Just proves you can get something right but you can be completely way off the mark in another aspect.

It's true that no one can predict the future but it's still annoying when these so called experts try and pass off their predictions as being somehow more knowledgeable or accurate than the rest of us plebs.

The truth is they don't really know any more than the rest of us and their predictions are usually no better than the man on the street. I could have got as many predictions right and wrong as Sheahan.

I would beg to differ on this comment.

I would think he would know more about footy then your average big footy poster because:

His job is football, therefore he devotes a large portion of his life watching games and getting more and more knowledgeable about players etc. Whilst your average big footy poster will be working his 10 hour shift Mike would be watching games he didn't catch on the weekend and writing articles footy related.

The fact is he picked 6 out of 8 and the Lions just missed the finals. Pretty good by anyones standards if you ask me.

I would dare anyone to pick a top 50 prior to the season start. I know for fact noone will agree 100% with what u come up with. Everyone has different opinions and from 30-50 it would be like a raffle trying to pick players

Mike Sheehan is a rats tossbag.

My mates and I do tips at the start of the year. I had The Dogs to miss with Brisbane in. The rest of the eight was right. Don't think people would've been too far off with this unless you are FOOLS who tips Fremantle to make it when they actually have always sucked.

Had Gazza for the Brownlow-no surprise, and he was close.

Thought Port were lucky last year but looking back no-one was gonna come close to the Cats.

Might do a top 50 next year but no matter who ya put in ya gonna cop $hit about the order!

I always though Dal Santo was a little bit overrated. He is an outside player who has the ball fed to him from the in and under types. This explains why he only plays well when the team is going well.

Dal Santo leading the Saints in tackles and contested possesions. Very outside :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back