Miller, dead set Genius

Remove this Banner Ad

was tossing and turning last night on the futile play we made for Hooper when in reality we have both Tambling and Edwards miles ahead of him vying for a similar spot...when "bing" it just occurred to me. we never wanted the
%#@%, we simply wanted the Lions to bust their chops to keep him meaning there was prescious little left in the cookie jar when it came to signing someone like Brennan that we would seriously like to see in the yellow and black. Now that Mr miller is one hell of a card trick:p

Brisbane just freed up $900k now that Voss is officially off their list. Don't think Miller is that smart :D

To be fair to Carlton, we got Fisher and Simpson from the 2002 draft, and in hindsight they turned out to be far better players then Goddard and Wells who went no 1 and 2 in that draft that year.
CP, you're usually one of the better opposition posters on here but i can't believe you can be so deluded that you honestly rate Fisher and Simpson ahead of Goddard and Wells? Look deep inside yourself and be honest now? :confused:

CP, you're usually one of the better opposition posters on here but i can't believe you can be so deluded that you honestly rate Fisher and Simpson ahead of Goddard and Wells? Look deep inside yourself and be honest now? :confused:

fisher and simpson were better than Goddard pre Ross Lyon. Lyon changed his role and before he did his knee he was finally developing properly. Wells is better than our two just he is in a fairly crap side who play crap football. Disregard where they finished this year their style of play is terrible. If Wells was in a side like WCE with fast open running then he would be a superstar.

So I guess everything's going to plan. :)

Yeah, I guess it is.

We've been rebuilding since 2004 as well.

We are getting games into young defenders (Thursfield, McGuane, King)
We are getting games into young midfielders (Foley, Edwards, Polo)
We are getting games into young forwards (Riewoldt, Hughes)
We are getting games into young ruckmen (Pattison, Graham)

With some more players to be blooded next season, and another pre-season for Deledio, Tambling and Polak among others, we're looking ok.

At least we're not ashamed of drafting mistakes by hiding them in the back pocket all season

Connors >>> Squibbs

What's your plan?

Give it to Judd and hope your half assed midfield can give him the same support as the Eagles stars did?

wow, not to great yourself. Considering you never lost draft picks i can't see any reason you can bag us. Take a look at your team first. How can you say you are happy will miller when this is what he has produced? Get ready to add a few more bottom finishes to that list because unless a miracle happen, your guys are in for somemore more lean years because of Miller.

Yes lets consider it, consider why you lost those draft picks - because your club is a low-life scum-of-the-earth organisation with a culture of lying and cheating. Any success you had in the 90s and early 00s is seriously tainted. If you actually followed the rules during those times, your lazy old-school club would have been truly exposed for its inadequacies like it has over the last 5 years.

Using draft penalties as an excuse for your ineptitude is lame. Just thank your lucky stars you got away with it for as long as you did.

Yeah, I guess it is.

We've been rebuilding since 2004 as well.

We are getting games into young defenders (Thursfield, McGuane, King)
We are getting games into young midfielders (Foley, Edwards, Polo)
We are getting games into young forwards (Riewoldt, Hughes)
We are getting games into young ruckmen (Pattison, Graham)

With some more players to be blooded next season, and another pre-season for Deledio, Tambling and Polak among others, we're looking ok.

At least we're not ashamed of drafting mistakes by hiding them in the back pocket all season

Connors >>> Squibbs

What's your plan?

Give it to Judd and hope your half assed midfield can give him the same support as the Eagles stars did?

Are you serious? half assed midfield, what kind of comment is this, are you jealous or something? By the way you can't hide someone in the back pocket, anyway we got rid of that problem (Talent Killer Pagan).

In all honesty, i really like the look of Connors, Thursfield and King. Foley is a superstar in the making if not already (one of my favourite players i might add) as is Deledio but you are still a long way behind any other team (other than the bombers) talent wise. Who are Browny (29), Bowden (29) and Richos (32) replacements in a few year when they hang up the boots?

Using draft penalties as an excuse for your ineptitude is lame. Just thank your lucky stars you got away with it for as long as you did.

At least we have an excuse no matter how lame it is. Your team is out and out pathetic considering you used draft and still haven't even made the eight over the last six years, you guys will still be re-building in 2011, Terry Wallets masterplan isn't it.

Richmond are far ahead of Carlton in terms of development and heres why:

Key position players and ruckmen. Richmond this year blooded 4 key position players or ruckmen that prior to this year were essentially unknown quantities: Thursfield, McGuane, Pattison and Riewoldt. We saw Polak improve immensly playing loose, now he just needs some time to develop fitness and he will be a gun CHB. Hughes showed glimpses in the seniors but needs confidence. Graham played some great games for coburg and looked alright in the seniors. We somehow looked solid in the centre despite missing our superstar ruckman Simmonds who, I would argue, was in the top 3 ruckmen in 2006 and will be there again in 2008.

Overall, our key position stocks absolutely crap on anything carlton has. And that's before we get brennan.

Our midfield whipped yours before judd. Now its about even, IF and only if stevens makes a full recovery and judd is over his OP. Otherwise, the development of the likes of Foley, Deledio, Tambling, Edwards, Connors, Raines, King, Polo, Mitch Morton and Cotchin and the improvement in fitness from more experienced players like Johnson (played with a broken hand most of the year), tuck (leg injured for a large part of the year), coughlan (will be back to his be st you just watch), newman (watch him get even better) will far surpass your pitiful team.

But at least essendon have the spoon wrapped up next year so you guys will only finish 14-15th.

Key position players and ruckmen. Richmond this year blooded 4 key position players or ruckmen that prior to this year were essentially unknown quantities: Thursfield, McGuane, Pattison and Riewoldt. We saw Polak improve immensly playing loose, now he just needs some time to develop fitness and he will be a gun CHB. Hughes showed glimpses in the seniors but needs confidence. Graham played some great games for coburg and looked alright in the seniors. We somehow looked solid in the centre despite missing our superstar ruckman Simmonds who, I would argue, was in the top 3 ruckmen in 2006 and will be there again in 2008.

Overall, our key position stocks absolutely crap on anything carlton has. And that's before we get brennan.

Our midfield whipped yours before judd. Now its about even, IF and only if stevens makes a full recovery and judd is over his OP. Otherwise, the development of the likes of Foley, Deledio, Tambling, Edwards, Connors, Raines, King, Polo, Mitch Morton and Cotchin and the improvement in fitness from more experienced players like Johnson (played with a broken hand most of the year), tuck (leg injured for a large part of the year), coughlan (will be back to his be st you just watch), newman (watch him get even better) will far surpass your pitiful team.

But at least essendon have the spoon wrapped up next year so you guys will only finish 14-15th.

i really feel sorry for you if you believe this, i really do. Are you really trying to convince me this true or are you really trying to convince yourself?

At least we have an excuse no matter how lame it is. Your team is out and out pathetic considering you used draft and still haven't even made the eight over the last six years, you guys will still be re-building in 2011, Terry Wallets masterplan isn't it.
The draft penalties have bugger all to do with Carltons fall from grace. If they really do then can you answer the following question:

How did your club manage to fall from the top 6 to stone cold last the year before the draft penalties were handed out?

I think the Blues list development is a long long way ahead of the Tiges at present, and most would agree. In fact I have not heard of any media commentator who says the Tiges list is more advanced than the Blues current list, and many are predicting we'll make top-8 next year, including several senior opposition coaches. Also remember the Blues were banned from the draft until 3 years ago i.e. there was a reason for their temporary slide. No such event occurred at Tigerland and you're still bottom. Are you sure the reason that got you there has actually been addressed. That is the key point. :)

Hey parrot,back in the day people were saying that the Saints list was far more advanced than the Cats......big mistake.Just like a dic#@%ad like you saying that your list is more advanced than ours,why is that because you are a bunch of tankers
You were banned for cheating the system,what do you expect royalities.
Judd is a gunn but also remember he had eqillevent superstars around him not a buch of wannabees,Lets see how he preforms in a dud team like yours,yes you will be better but not in the top 8, maybe you will improve to 13th / 12th at the max....GET OVER YOURSELF AND YOUR YOUR TEAM OF TANKERS (pretty in pink for a bunch of ****ters):eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you serious? half assed midfield, what kind of comment is this, are you jealous or something? By the way you can't hide someone in the back pocket, anyway we got rid of that problem (Talent Killer Pagan).

In all honesty, i really like the look of Connors, Thursfield and King. Foley is a superstar in the making if not already (one of my favourite players i might add) as is Deledio but you are still a long way behind any other team (other than the bombers) talent wise. Who are Browny (29), Bowden (29) and Richos (32) replacements in a few year when they hang up the boots?

The reason you got so many floggings, has a little to do with defence, but has more to do with midfield (Richmonds problem as well).

Midfield pressure forces poor F50 entries from the opposition, which the defence can mop up easily. Carlton let through some huge scores and had some monumental floggings. Richmond had these in 2006 and apart from Geelong caning us, we were defensively a lot better than Carlton.

Judd isn't a stopper, he'll get you more F50 entries, but who is going to stop the ball going the other way?

Browny - Morton
Bowden - McMahon
Richo - Riewoldt

Talent wise, how do you rate the Kangaroos?

Do Carlton get a priority pick before a priority pick next year after they get the spoon?

How does it work?

Carlton -

PP1, PP2, ND Pick 1 - Can they resist the tanking temptation. The top 3 picks in the draft.

The draft penalties have bugger all to do with Carltons fall from grace. If they really do then can you answer the following question:

How did your club manage to fall from the top 6 to stone cold last the year before the draft penalties were handed out?

Retirements, injuries, realising we weren't going to get good young talent for two years and trading for very risky player which obviously didn't work. The draft system works so team have 5 good year and 5 bad continuosly. When was your last successful YEARS? What is it, three finals appearances in 20 years? Great club that is :D

was tossing and turning last night on the futile play we made for Hooper when in reality we have both Tambling and Edwards miles ahead of him vying for a similar spot...when "bing" it just occurred to me. we never wanted the
%#@%, we simply wanted the Lions to bust their chops to keep him meaning there was prescious little left in the cookie jar when it came to signing someone like Brennan that we would seriously like to see in the yellow and black. Now that Mr miller is one hell of a card trick:p
Hahahaha.

this is terrible. School finish early?

Firstly Brennan is no certainty as Brisbane is throwing the kitchen sink at him at the moment also he is not a KPP.
McGuane played most of the year in the twos. I will give you Thursfield the kid can play.
Pattison will only ever be a buck up ruckman... similar to a seaby as they don't have the capabilities to play as number 1 ruck all day long, Simmonds will be your man here should be right to go after the near death experience with his lungs.
While on Simmonds he was no where near top three ruckmen in 2006. Lade, Cox, Sandilands and even Darren Jolly & Jeff White were better ruckmen that year.

The bold players are the only ones I rate out of your lot and agreed your midfield will look amazing in 2-3 years time. At the moment they are pigmys with not enough meat on them but that comes with preseasons. As for you guys "whipping" us... are you forgetting you guys held a 5 goal lead and as your midfield was shut down/became tired they were overtaken. Youth and speed can only get you so far, never under estimate harden bodies.

To finish off Judd's injury is not full blown OP as this affects the pubis (or pubic i get them confused) bone. Judd has tight abductor muscles which is fixed by a release type surgery. It is just a slow process as you can not over exert these muscles in the early stages. Sam Butler had the same injury and came back too early. Having been around a (former) team mate who had an identical injury fingers crossed he realises the extent of his injury and doesnt return until round 1.

The reason you got so many floggings, has a little to do with defence, but has more to do with midfield (Richmonds problem as well).

Midfield pressure forces poor F50 entries from the opposition, which the defence can mop up easily. Carlton let through some huge scores and had some monumental floggings. Richmond had these in 2006 and apart from Geelong caning us, we were defensively a lot better than Carlton.

Judd isn't a stopper, he'll get you more F50 entries, but who is going to stop the ball going the other way?

Browny - Morton
Bowden - McMahon
Richo - Riewoldt

Talent wise, how do you rate the Kangaroos?

Geez, i hope you don't put your hopes on those guys, Bowden - McMahon is pretty good, both soft c*cks.

The Roos have a lot more talent than people give them credit for, McIntosh, Smith, Wells, Swallow, Harris, Hansen, Firrito, Harvey. They are not a top four team but i'd say a top 8 team for sure.

Originally Posted by Cruiser23 While on Simmonds he was no where near top three ruckmen in 2006. Lade, Cox, Sandilands and even Darren Jolly & Jeff White were better ruckmen that year. Now i am convinced that you carlton people no nothing about footy.simmonds and Lade there was nothing between them for all australian last year if you remember :confused:

While on Simmonds he was no where near top three ruckmen in 2006. Lade, Cox, Sandilands and even Darren Jolly & Jeff White were better ruckmen that year. Now i am convinced that you carlton people no nothing about footy.simmonds and Lade there was nothing between them for all australian last year if you remember :confused:

yeah lmao at comparing sandilands 2006 to simmos 2006. ****ing moron that guy.

yeah lmao at comparing sandilands 2006 to simmos 2006. ****ing moron that guy.
You are a dead set fool simmonds was a mile ahead of Lurch last year.Read it properly Geeeees i cut and pasted that wrong it was meant for that carlton guy who said simmonds was the 6th best ruckman last year

Remove this Banner Ad

Miller, dead set Genius

Remove this Banner Ad

Back