Mitch Clark - Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't think Clark would go to the eagles. It usually doesn't happen. If WC or Freo target a player to come 'home' the other usually stays out of the picture. There's numerous examples.

It would depend if Clark wan't out and if we can get a deal done for a guy still under contract.

it all depends on how much he wants to move west, and whether Freo can and are willing to trade heavy for him knowing that they can get Griffen from the crows for cheap.

I just think Freo would have to give up some quality like Fyfe inorder to get him...I just don't see them doing it

Fyfe wouldnt be enough. I still reckon if freo offered fyfe and their firrst rounder the deal wouldnt get done.

I wouldn't offer Fyfe for Clark - we'd lose out of that long term.

We aren't going to trade that kid anyway.

Make no mistake Fyfe on his own is not worth Clark, something would have to be offered as well. But he won't be traded he is a WA boy, highly rated, with good potential.

What good interstate players do Freo/WC have that could be traded?

Make no mistake Fyfe on his own is not worth Clark, something would have to be offered as well. But he won't be traded he is a WA boy, highly rated, with good potential.

What good interstate players do Freo/WC have that could be traded?

Wce have a few.

Ebert
Brown

i reckon are the ones with the most currency and tradeability.

You would be looking at pick 4 + one of them for clarke and your pick 10.

Only to your club is he not worth Clark.

Clark > WC, Pick 4 > Brisbane
Cox > Geelong, Geelong's compensatory mid 1st round pick > WC

WC would have to wait 2 years to get value for that pick though.

Cox is good, but I don't see us paying #11 for a 30yo, so no.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alot of Brisbane fans trying to include Fyfe in any and every deal including Clark.

Thanks for the tick of approval fellas.

I think the point is that Freo need to give up some talent to get some. If it isn't Fyfe then it needs to be another young gun. The main point is Freo supporters trying to suggest rubbish trades to get the deal done like with late 1st round & 2nd round picks with a average player

Don't think Clark would go to the eagles. It usually doesn't happen. If WC or Freo target a player to come 'home' the other usually stays out of the picture. There's numerous examples.

It would depend if Clark wan't out and if we can get a deal done for a guy still under contract.

Interesting that, isn't it. Headland/Carr and Chick/Stenglein were always set from the beginning. More recently however, I believe it was WC that were in Tarrant's ear about a move West (along with Whitnall!) but the Dockers were prepared to offer more as a trade and as a contract.

I can't really see it happening, but if it does it won't involve Fyfe, Morabito or God forbid, Hill [some of you Lions fans have rocks in your heads it seems and in fairness, same can be said forsome of my fellow Freo fans, throwing up Schammer etc.]. I don't think Freo are desperate to get him, he would've been a nice addition and would certainly make us stronger but if we have to sell a farm to get him then we'll just pass. If it does happen though it won't be a fair deal for Brisbane, bookmark it. All depends how deep in financial shit is Brisbane.

Freo supporters are being ridiculous. Fyfe isnt even that good. You should be ready to give away him and just about anything brissie want for clark he fills 2 needs as a KPF and ruckman. What happens when sandi and pav are gone?

Brisbane's not stupid if freo are gonna try and play hard ball and try give 2 second rounders or something ridiculous and they needa ease their cap they will just go to wce and see what we offer. His preference is freo but basically he just wants to go home. I can see a FAIR deal being worked out with pick 4 + a player (or one of our second rounders) for Clarke + pick 10

Freo supporters are being ridiculous. Fyfe isnt even that good. You should be ready to give away him and just about anything brissie want for clark he fills 2 needs as a KPF and ruckman. What happens when sandi and pav are gone?

Brisbane's not stupid if freo are gonna try and play hard ball and try give 2 second rounders or something ridiculous and they needa ease their cap they will just go to wce and see what we offer. His preference is freo but basically he just wants to go home. I can see a FAIR deal being worked out with pick 4 + a player (or one of our second rounders) for Clarke + pick 10

Fyfe is that good!

And your suggestion of Clarke + pick 10 for Pick 4 and a player is absolutely ridiculous and more far fetched than some of the trades I have heard.

Point is Clark has (reportedly) told Brisbane he wants to be traded and if he isn't he'll walk to GWS next year. Brisbane at best would get a pick similar to what the dogs got. If they take pick 20 plus pick 24 if Freo can some how manage to get their hands on that then they would have to seriously consider it.

Offloading Clark this year will mean they won't have to pay his heavily back ended contact which will help with the salary cap issues and may help them hold onto another young talented player who will be there long term if properly looked after.

Point is Brisbane should trade Clark this year and Freo is one of the clubs in the mix

Fyfe is that good!

And your suggestion of Clarke + pick 10 for Pick 4 and a player is absolutely ridiculous and more far fetched than some of the trades I have heard.

Point is Clark has (reportedly) told Brisbane he wants to be traded and if he isn't he'll walk to GWS next year. Brisbane at best would get a pick similar to what the dogs got. If they take pick 20 plus pick 24 if Freo can some how manage to get their hands on that then they would have to seriously consider it.

Offloading Clark this year will mean they won't have to pay his heavily back ended contact which will help with the salary cap issues and may help them hold onto another young talented player who will be there long term if properly looked after.

Point is Brisbane should trade Clark this year and Freo is one of the clubs in the mix

You are incredibly slow or misinformed.

i said pick 4 + a player (one of our second rounders) obviously a second rounder would be chucked in if we gave them a spud player.
Would think a trade along the lines of pick 4 + M Brown for Clarke + 10 would be pretty fair. Better than freo's offers of two second round picks. Clarke isnt worth pick 4 after his worse year this year. But is still worth a top ten pick. Mitch browns worth a first rounder. so an early first rounder + a late first rounder = Two mid first rounders. This is fair and clearly greater than freo's offer of two second rounders.

Brisbane would get a compensation pick taken after their pick in the first round for clarke. Which with the pretty high chances of Brisbane finishing very low in the next few years could end up being pick 2. Also keep in mind comp pick factor in draft position and clarke was taken early.

This coming from a West Coast supporter who thinks Naitanui and Masten will win you a Premiership. Get your head out of your a$$!!! Fyfe is good, ask anyone that knows anything about football.

IMO we offer Palmer up. A lot of Fremantle fans won't agree with me but i'm being realistic. To get a player of Clark ability/quality we need to lose something similar. Clark will give us more than Palmer will.

Palmer's disposal is suspect, yes he get the ball a bit but answer this question. From the finals loss against Geelong, who does he replace in the side, remembering Ballantyne and Barlow need to come back in. At the moment he is outside our 22 and was overlooked for Des Headland in the Geelong game.

Palmer + 2nd Round for Clark.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitch Clark - Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back