Mitch Clark - Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

All these young stars that Freo have they must have dominated in the Rising Star this year.....oh wait they got one token nomination in round 22. Yet we are to believe that they are should be so highly regarded that they would not be considered to be included in a trade for a 22 year old guy who was the second best ruck in the competition last year and unlucky not to be an AA at 21 and is also a very good KPF as well.

Fyfe & Morabito were both nominated this year as was Hill last year. These are the 3 I've been talking about in this thread. All were excellent when we beat you are the Gabba earlier in the year. This group is going places that's the point.
We Freo fans are a bit scarred when it comes to having our future traded away. The last regime sold us down the river for short term gain and I for one am only just getting over the pain that caused.
None of us can know what the inside situation is with Clark but I've been pushing a very simple point in this thread. If he wants to come to Freo happy days if we can get it done with picks and by trading our players who don't want to be here like Tarrant. If it means we have to lost one of our young stars I'm not interested. Doesn't mean I don't think Clark is any good just I'd rather do without if it means breaking up our emerging group.
It's my opinion, I certainly don't pretend to know what the club will do.

Really? You must have good contacts. Everyone is just guessing.

Got this from a Fremantle forum on 16th of Sep

"Message from My Bro today saying Brisbane's Mitch Clarke will be playing for Freo next year, he said the paperwork is allready completed and it will probb be a 3 way trade involving the Gold Coast and Brisbane Lions."

"Message from My Bro today saying Brisbane's Mitch Clarke will be playing for Freo next year, he said the paperwork is allready completed and it will probb be a 3 way trade involving the Gold Coast and Brisbane Lions."

OK, but that still hardly ironclad is it? How can the paperwork be completed at this stage?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it won't happen - with this season nothing would surprise me. But every year you see people try to pass off rumour as fact. And we've seen a fair bit of it over the years.

Plus, I'd be interested to know if that's where Denham got the info from.

Ok... so who will freo give up that is worthy of a top ten pick?

Its funny how these rumours always end with "its a done deal" and then nothing happens until the last day of trade week. But I agree that the Gold Coast would probably need to be involved to make the trade work

OK, but that still hardly ironclad is it? How can the paperwork be completed at this stage?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it won't happen - with this season nothing would surprise me. But every year you see people try to pass off rumour as fact. And we've seen a fair bit of it over the years.

Plus, I'd be interested to know if that's where Denham got the info from.

That is true - rumours are just that - rumours it could be BS, or it could be true but the papers have been ripped up, things could have changed, we have resigned Mundy and McPharlin since there could have been clauses regarding them.

All I am saying is that the rumour has been around for a while

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Brisbane have a player who is starting 22 and doesn't want to be there.... great for moral...

Doesn't mean we give him away for a packet of chips. The club comes first then we try to accommodate players if they want out. Simple really. If Freo don't what to come to party so be it.

On a side note it is unlikely a three way trade has been done and dusted. They are complex beasts with clubs changing their tune until the last minute.

Personally I don't think much will become of it but as TFB has mentioned, after the last 12 months it wouldn't surprise me if he did the bolt either. But I do believe we have toughened up our negotiation department...so no freebies here guys.

Not that a Key Backman is the reason Saints lost but maybe Freo could try and trade with the saints to try and get Armitage to Lions, plus our first rounder? That is effectively a top 10 pick and a late first rounder. May be a handy pick up for Lions also with Black and Power getting older and the loss of Rischitelli? Great tackler. Not sure whether Armitage wants out but he seems to continually get overlooked. Unsure why because I reckon he is better than the likes of eddy and mcqualter IMO.

Thoughts Lions Fans? I'm trying work on a better outcome for lions fans than what has been put up but tell me if I am way off the mark.

Not sure what it would take to satisfy Saints but I think Taz and a second rounder is fair for a top 10er that's out of favour.

Not that a Key Backman is the reason Saints lost but maybe Freo could try and trade with the saints to try and get Armitage to Lions, plus our first rounder? That is effectively a top 10 pick and a late first rounder. May be a handy pick up for Lions also with Black and Power getting older and the loss of Rischitelli? Great tackler. Not sure whether Armitage wants out but he seems to continually get overlooked. Unsure why because I reckon he is better than the likes of eddy and mcqualter IMO.

Thoughts Lions Fans? I'm trying work on a better outcome for lions fans than what has been put up but tell me if I am way off the mark.

Not sure what it would take to satisfy Saints but I think Taz and a second rounder is fair for a top 10er that's out of favour.

Would you have Armitage at your club? He is just treading water at the moment. Just because another club picked him early doesn't mean that the Lions rate him as a top 10 draft pick.

Would you have Armitage at your club? He is just treading water at the moment. Just because another club picked him early doesn't mean that the Lions rate him as a top 10 draft pick.

He would have been in both GF's had he not done a PCL late in the year.

zac clarke n freo 1st round pick + freo 2nd round pick 4 mitch clarke bris 2nd round pick and 4th round pick

And Brisbane have a player who is starting 22 and doesn't want to be there.... great for moral...

and the moral of that is....morale will always improve after spending time in the magoo's...

you are spot on that the lions will look at armitage...but I sense he is GC bound. Still we wouldn't need Freos help to get him considering we have a priority pick (risky) and a sherman trade. I am sure the lions will want a top ten pick for Clark, so freo better get cracking looking to get a deal worth considering. Don't put it past Clark considering a move to the eagles once he sees how unlikely it is for him to get to freo

you are spot on that the lions will look at armitage...but I sense he is GC bound. Still we wouldn't need Freos help to get him considering we have a priority pick (risky) and a sherman trade. I am sure the lions will want a top ten pick for Clark, so freo better get cracking looking to get a deal worth considering. Don't put it past Clark considering a move to the eagles once he sees how unlikely it is for him to get to freo
Don't think Clark would go to the eagles. It usually doesn't happen. If WC or Freo target a player to come 'home' the other usually stays out of the picture. There's numerous examples.

It would depend if Clark wan't out and if we can get a deal done for a guy still under contract.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitch Clark - Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back