Mitch Clark - Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

and Clark isn't?
i do believe he's made a senior all-australian team and the above haven't in the last two years.

let's all remember that regardless of the quality of draft picks, the players are still yet to actually produce in a match.

Hasn't made the AA team. Was roughly the 23rd player in 2009, when they only picked one ruck.

We don't really need a ruckman. We have Leui, Charman and Mccauley. Would you offer your Ablett picks for him?

Both of them is overs, but certainly I would use one.

Would the mid first round (pick 9 or 10 I think) + 23 get it done, or would Brisbane prefer a player? (salary cap issues)

Would picks 20 (Freo's 1st round) and ~ 21 (Brown comp pick traded for Tarrant), be a fair trade Clark?

That's of course going on the hope Hawks trade 21 for Tarrant which is somewhat pretty unlikely. But in the case it did happen?

Tarrant and Farmer turned out. No doubt in my mind. Craody was a deal made by a team without a coach and was a mistake. Carr was worth it (who did Port get from that deal? Not much). Des unfortunately got home, got lazy and got injured.

Mitch Clark (if any of this is true) fits us so well its scary. A guy who is young, talented and can play forward and best of all form the best ruck division in the league with Sandi.

Make it happen Freo :)

Tarrant was quality for 2 years and may still net you something on the flip side - but given he is leaving as you guys climb up the ladder - i wouldn't call it a win.

Also 'working out' surely depends on what you gave up.

The pick you gave for farmer netted James Kelly

The pick you gave for Tarrant netted Ben Reid - who having seen first hand in the prelim - is a KP star in the making.

The Carr one I agree - didn't net much - it was a woeful draft and WC and Freo giving up 1st rounders proved a masterstroke.

Croad one I'll forgive - though you did get McPharlin out of that deal who is a genuine gun in the comp

Would picks 20 (Freo's 1st round) and ~ 21 (Brown comp pick traded for Tarrant), be a fair trade Clark?

That's of course going on the hope Hawks trade 21 for Tarrant which is somewhat pretty unlikely. But in the case it did happen?

The pelican mentioned that Hawks unlikely to use their 1st pick in a trade

So you'd offer Strauss, pick 12 and 32? You'll be getting ripped off so badly.

Axel, im aware its well and truely over the odds but Clark is exactly what Melbourne need, a KPF that can pinch hit in the ruck effectivley.

Only Tippett IMO has more to offer Melbourne.

I would be willing to pay a very hefty price to bring Clark to Melbourne and im sure something like that would trump the living **** out of Fremantle.

Clark would be worth squillions in a trade. Certainly miles more than most offers here I would have thought. He's a top 10 pick himself, so that is the utter starting point (and adding a bunch of low picks up doesn't equal a high pick). Then you have the fact that he has actually turned out to be good, so he's worth a bunch more. Then you add in that he's the perfect player for how the game is going with teams likely to want to play a single ruckman due to the interchange restrictions where he can play CHF and then spend time in the ruck. Then you add in that he's still young.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pity it won't work because it looks like Clarke want's to head to a club with a future. :thumbsu:

Well they certainly don't have a past to rave about do they.;)

Freo will be desperate to land a player like Clark, your KP stock are not getting any younger and the chance of landing another champ like Sandilands or Pavlich isn't high. Those types don't come around very often with the pick you have.

Here's hoping you pay too much or he stays.:thumbsu:

Well they certainly don't have a past to rave about do they.;)

Freo will be desperate to land a player like Clark, your KP stock are not getting any younger and the chance of landing another champ like Sandilands or Pavlich isn't high. Those types don't come around very often with the pick you have.

Here's hoping you pay too much or he stays.:thumbsu:

The obsession.... Never understood it to be honest.

i think brisbane has to demand 2 top 20 picks regardless of wether freo can find this. If brisbane are keen on gaff then why would they want palmer? Also does any one know if David Armitage will be staying at st kilda? being a gold coast boy i would be keen if i were gold coast of the lions, seeing al though he is probably only worth a second rounder at best.

I know ill cop it for this but.............he's a GOOD player , thats all....at 198/96 kg hes not big enough to be a No.1 ruckman for long periods in a game .."thay don't get shorter as the game goes on" , and not mobile enough to be a power fwd.....one lead see's him out . IMO he's one of those in between players....Having talked all that BS ....would love to get him...:thumbsu: :eek:

Rhys Palmer and Garrick Ibbotson are in the new video ad and in the marketing paraphernalia of the clubs new look so those two aren't going anywhere.

Rhys Palmer and Garrick Ibbotson are in the new video ad and in the marketing paraphernalia of the clubs new look so those two aren't going anywhere.

Good news. Initially I thought I could live without him but have done a backflip and would love to keep him and get Clarktoo. I still like Danoz's suggestion a while back.

Freo - Lose 1st round, 2nd round and Taz. Gain Clark.
Pies - lose 1st round. Gain Taz & Freo 2nd.
Lions - lose Clark. Gain 2 1st rounders.

Danoz actually made Pies give Freo a 3rd rounder but I like it without it anyway. Bonus if we did get it. A Pies mate actually thought it was fair for them.

I think this could be good for the Lions anyway. Have their 1st round, get top ten for Brennan, get Freo 1st round, Get Pies 1st round, get harbrow compo for Sherman, get Rischitelli compo. This is subject to the above deal being fair and based on other rumours.

Obviously keeping all there good young players is a preference (but not a reality) but 6 picks under 20-something softens the fall a bit.

No, but if a deal cant be struck with Freo why wouldn't you want to chat to him?

He is contracted and its really up to the Lions to seek the best deal.

I suppose I'm thinking if Freo can't get it done for him to come home the most likely outcome would be for him to stay in Brisbane rather than move to Melbourne but you are right, it can't hurt to ask.
Incidentally, you talk about wanting a forward that can play for short bursts in the Ruck. Isn't that about what you'd hope from Watts? He's tall enough and certainly mobile enough. Or is he seen purely as a forward prospect?

I heard on the footy show that Mitch clark from brisbane wants to be traded.
plus this morning on SEN, he admitted he wants to come to either st.kilda, Hawthorn or collingwood.
He said in exact words " I would love to play in Melbourne, see what it's like to play there, and hopefully feel what it is like to win a flag." , so what he is trying to say is he wants to be in a premiership side in a few years.

I heard on the footy show that Mitch clark from brisbane wants to be traded.
plus this morning on SEN, he admitted he wants to come to either st.kilda, Hawthorn or collingwood.
He said in exact words " I would love to play in Melbourne, see what it's like to play there, and hopefully feel what it is like to win a flag." , so what he is trying to say is he wants to be in a premiership side in a few years.

That sounds like a load of shit.

First he wants to move back to WA and now it's Melbourne? This whole things sounds very odd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitch Clark - Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back