Mitch Clark - Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Trading a homesick WA boy for a replacement WA country boy is a stellar idea :p

Not a bad idea cos in 2 yrs time he will want to come home lol

I agree i wouldnt give any of our young players up for Clarke, yes he would be a good fit but not for that talent. If picks dont get it done it dont happen.

Id give them our 1st rnd Coll 1st rnd (if we get it but i doubt) and Walters
for Clarke and maybe their 5th round just for list balancing purposes.

Walters will be good showed alot. Crighton would also be thrown up and maybe Van Berlo. Then you have the bottom end yougsters like Hinkley and Pearce plus the duds Schammer Dodd Murphy lol
I think alot will depend on the Tarrant deal to be honest

If 20 and 24 doesn't get the job done then it doesn't get the job done. That's the best offer I think we will be able to give and even then we might not get the pick 24. Clark would be a nice addition no doubt, but he is not worth giving up some of the young guns you are mentioning. I think everyone here over-rates him a bit to be honest, he really hasn't done much in his career yet. Potential yes, massive potential but 2010 was a pretty ordinary year for him.

Spot on!:thumbsu:

Clark would be worth squillions in a trade. Certainly miles more than most offers here I would have thought. He's a top 10 pick himself, so that is the utter starting point (and adding a bunch of low picks up doesn't equal a high pick). Then you have the fact that he has actually turned out to be good, so he's worth a bunch more. Then you add in that he's the perfect player for how the game is going with teams likely to want to play a single ruckman due to the interchange restrictions where he can play CHF and then spend time in the ruck. Then you add in that he's still young.

This people thinking 2 picks in the 20's are crazy man

I would take a massive risk if I was Hawthorn and make a play for him with Lewis and either a 2nd round pick or our Campbell Brown pick.

Yes, I rate Lewis, however, Clark is a freak when fully fit!

Brisbane could do with some mids too!

Oh wait i forgot im on the trades board. My bad i forgot you get to give up jack shit and walk away with gold :thumbsu:

pav,sandi,hill,palmer,morabito and others have all been put off limits. You want something good then you have to give up something good. Clark is worth a top 10 pick at the least and closer to a top 5 pick than 10.

If freo want clark there's seven shades of **** all on your list worth more than a bag of bolts outside of the players who have been listed as off limits. Fyfe and ballantyne are whats left that has value. Fyfe was drafted last year at what 20?

He had a great year and has lifted his value up to a pick around 10-12. Ballantyne fills a need at west coast and you have a less capable version on your list in walters. So you want clark you take pick 4 and a spud as we need list space and you give up fyfe and ballantyne to have the best ruck combo in the league and to seriously strengthen your clubs position up forward as well. **** did i mention you also get a second round pick upgrade.

But hey i'm obviously the deluded one.

Then they could work a trade with Tarrant for small forward. Maybe MEdhurst or Leon? Have all bases covered.

Freo
lose Tarrant, Fyfe, Ballantyne
gain Medhurst/Leon, Clarke and upgrade a second round pick.

Possible- Even if Tarrant was happy at Carlton, could even get one of their small WA lads.

I would take a massive risk if I was Hawthorn and make a play for him with Lewis and either a 2nd round pick or our Campbell Brown pick.

Yes, I rate Lewis, however, Clark is a freak when fully fit!

Brisbane could do with some mids too!

Wouldn't be enough. But Lewis and your first rounder for Clark would be a win for both clubs.

youmad? don't mention Walters or Crichton!

Mate if we want Clarke you have to give something and those 2 would be the 2 youngsters id be prepared to part with. Plus with Ballas in side it will be hard for Walters to play regularly. You have to give something you know.
Crichton he is expendable in my opinion will be good player but i dont think will fit in our side when all fully fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or Bennell. Hes a poor mans Hill.

Swallow, Riewoldt or Buddy yeah but not a chance would i swap him for Rich or Bennell.

Agree. He is about the smartest player I've seen come through the club since Hase debuted. Just a unique skill set. superb in the air, tough inside, elusive, good kick of either side quick hands and just smart smart smart.
Will be in our best 3 players with Hill & Morabito.

Not a bad idea cos in 2 yrs time he will want to come home lol

I agree i wouldnt give any of our young players up for Clarke, yes he would be a good fit but not for that talent. If picks dont get it done it dont happen.

Id give them our 1st rnd Coll 1st rnd (if we get it but i doubt) and Walters
for Clarke and maybe their 5th round just for list balancing purposes.

Walters will be good showed alot. Crighton would also be thrown up and maybe Van Berlo. Then you have the bottom end yougsters like Hinkley and Pearce plus the duds Schammer Dodd Murphy lol
I think alot will depend on the Tarrant deal to be honest

Walters isnt going anywhere. He is a deadset keeper. In the long run, he'll be worth more than Clarke!

Agree. He is about the smartest player I've seen come through the club since Hase debuted. Just a unique skill set. superb in the air, tough inside, elusive, good kick of either side quick hands and just smart smart smart.
Will be in our best 3 players with Hill & Morabito.

Exciting isn't it.
I'm not sure i would trade any of these three guys for anyone in the comp.
Its like trading a 20 yr old McLeod, 19 yr old Goodes or a dare i say 19 yr old Hird.
Don't jump on me for the Hird comparison - thats more from a style point rather then ability.

Then they could work a trade with Tarrant for small forward. Maybe MEdhurst or Leon? Have all bases covered.

Freo
lose Tarrant, Fyfe, Ballantyne
gain Medhurst/Leon, Clarke and upgrade a second round pick.

Possible- Even if Tarrant was happy at Carlton, could even get one of their small WA lads.

You are joking, right? Why would we give up Ballantyne and Fyfe? Medhurst is a dud in comparison. Neon Leon isnt up there with either of those boys either and frankly Clarke isnt worth losing either one of those guys, let alone both. You want Tarrant, you pony up or he can try his luck in the PSD.

Walters isnt going anywhere. He is a deadset keeper. In the long run, he'll be worth more than Clarke!

I'm not so sure about that..

Clark is more valuable IMO, because he is a tall ruckman who has proved that he can play AFL, and do it very well (won an AA, didn't he?).

It would be silly to not trade Walters for Clark if the opportunity arose.

I'm not so sure about that..

Clark is more valuable IMO, because he is a tall ruckman who has proved that he can play AFL, and do it very well (won an AA, didn't he?).

It would be silly to not trade Walters for Clark if the opportunity arose.

Yeah, well I've watched him and I wouldn't give him up. Clarke would be a good pickup but not an essential one. I wouldnt trade many of our young guys because most of them look like long termers.I agree with earlier posts, if picks dont do the deal, then dont do the deal!

No. Just no.

I don't like these sort of comparisons (so & so is a poor man's so & so).
I haven't seen Bennell play, hear he's exciting.
What we know now is Hill, Fyfe are quality, proven they can play at the top level and have upside for days. I think the point most of us are making is we don't want to let go of our future, those days are gone hopefully.
We probably can't get Clark with what picks and trades we have, so be it. Take our chances are recruiters are going to keep finding quality in the draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitch Clark - Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back