Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

That appears to be a popular trade scenario .....I'm not against it, albeit there "maybe" steak knives attached ....but my issue still remains, that still makes it difficult for Carlton to get other players they're linked to ..... Shiel, Fasolo, Setterfield .....is SOS "Felix the Cat"

latest
Yeah i agree re fasolo... o_O

No it wont be a 1st round+ and obviously you know that. Bloody obvious you post stupidity for the sake of annoying posters. Not one person in the media is even remotely suggesting a top ten pick would be on the table. Not even Andrew McGovern would expect a top ten pick in exchange for his son. Ill bet the pick is after 13 once the Lynch compensation (After 12 in the unlikely event GC matches all offers) is handed out. If it is more (in terms of draft pick value) ill come on this thread and post that you are right and I was way off in my understanding of afl trade. If it is a higher pick than thirteen (not points, as two second rounders is more points than pick 13, but rather the pick offered) then you do the same and post that you were wrong and dont understand afl trade in this thread. Zero chance you'll accept the offer of the bet as it insanely obvious you are simply using the McGovern situation to mindlessly abuse rival posters.
You need to take a deep breath and understand reality. You obviously dont realise the crows hold all the cards...ALL THE CARDS. How many more times does it need to be spelled out that he is contracted and the crows have already..for their contracted player..said they wont accept 2 x 2nd rounders and it will need to be a much better deal. Either you are being a troll by posting deliberatly low trade value or literally dont understand the situation. There are hundreds of posts explaining why 2nd rounders won't even sit carlton at the table. So if you want to hang your hat on the melbourne journo hacks go for it but you are going to be shocked just how much carlton are going to.pay come trade time if mcgovern goes for a stand alone trade and is not part of a package to get the crows higher up the draft order

You need to take a deep breath and understand reality. You obviously dont realise the crows hold all the cards...ALL THE CARDS. How many more times does it need to be spelled out that he is contracted and the crows have already..for their contracted player..said they wont accept 2 x 2nd rounders and it will need to be a much better deal. Either you are being a troll by posting deliberatly low trade value or literally dont understand the situation. There are hundreds of posts explaining why 2nd rounders won't even sit carlton at the table. So if you want to hang your hat on the melbourne journo hacks go for it but you are going to be shocked just how much carlton are going to.pay come trade time if mcgovern goes for a stand alone trade and is not part of a package to get the crows higher up the draft order
I know for a fact that the AFC don’t feel any pressure from comments made by the press or any player agents. They deliberately don’t respond to media comments/opinions as well a comments made by agents as doing so often makes the media turn against you even more. They have their valuation for gov set and won’t let the outside “crap” which is the specific word used during this convo dictate any trade

Crows fans, you do no hold all the cards. There are a bunch of you who understand the reality but there are a few of you guys who are in for a rude awakening just like young Reid received from SOS for the last two years.

The fact is, your trade suggestions are way off what is being discussed by the media commentary. Now, they dont always get it right, but should be used as a starting point for what is fair.

Blues fans dont care as much for MM as you did for Gibbs. Your desperation for Gibbs was unmatched in league history and is the reason you ended up overpaying.

We do not want MM that badly.

Hopefully you have learned a lesson.

Crows fans, you do no hold all the cards. There are a bunch of you who understand the reality but there are a few of you guys who are in for a rude awakening just like young Reid received from SOS for the last two years.

The fact is, your trade suggestions are way off what is being discussed by the media commentary. Now, they dont always get it right, but should be used as a starting point for what is fair.

Blues fans dont care as much for MM as you did for Gibbs. Your desperation for Gibbs was unmatched in league history and is the reason you ended up overpaying.

You’ve been chasing him for 2 years, your telling us what you hope is true, not what is actually fact

Cool story...:drunk:

You’ve been chasing him for 2 years, your telling us what you hope is true, not what is actually fact
He was thrown in proposed as steak knives...before we had Charlie Curnow step up to be the best forward talent on either of our lists.

You had been chasing Gibbs for a decade. Young Reid's desperation is unmatched.

Players under contract will only nominate a club they want to go to if a suitable deal has been informally agreed upon between both teams and is then relayed onto their management.
Colin Young isnt the sharpest tool in the shed but you would think he has been assured by carlton that they are willing to meet the crows demands in a trade for Mitch.
Carlton fans need to accept that you do actually want him and have been trying to get him for the last 2 years.
He is a good young best 22 player and his brother is a superstar. He also has 2 years left on his contract. Expect to pay a decent amount.

Players under contract will only nominate a club they want to go to if a suitable deal has been informally agreed upon between both teams and is then relayed onto their management.
Colin Young isnt the sharpest tool in the shed but you would think he has been assured by carlton that they are willing to meet the crows demands in a trade for Mitch.
Carlton fans need to accept that you do actually want him and have been trying to get him for the last 2 years.
He is a good young best 22 player and his brother is a superstar. He also has 2 years left on his contract. Expect to pay a decent amount.
It's all good to post a rationale picture of the situation ...I hope you're not expecting a rationale Carlton supporter response

And the point is ??? .....hope you're not basing your arguments on an "Age Article" :eek:

You lot are as bad as Hird supporters. Its an accurate leak back in early June that McGovern wanted out. Then AFC came out and denied it and said he's happy and staying. Fast forward to today, turns out The Age was bang on and AFC were lying.

But y'all keep denying the truth as it smacks you in the face. Second rounder and some change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl...-for-jake-lever-afl/21r8ikvmsgr513qyq3no5q7m0

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-05/trade-wrap-will-the-crows-let-charlie-go

Remember the crows got 2 x 1st rounders for lever with steak knives back and pick 12 for cameron in deals done only last year. It gives crows supporters immense confidence that whatever the asking price they have is they will get despite what media noise over the border whistles
Media came out and spread their crap also during these trades, but as I said with my previous post, the AFC feel no pressure with outside noise.

You lot are as bad as Hird supporters. Its an accurate leak back in early June that McGovern wanted out. Then AFC came out and denied it and said he's happy and staying. Fast forward to today, turns out The Age was bang on and AFC were lying.

But y'all keep denying the truth as it smacks you in the face. Second rounder and some change.
Your club can hardly stand on a pedestal & preach to any other club

He was thrown in proposed as steak knives...before we had Charlie Curnow step up to be the best forward talent on either of our lists.

You had been chasing Gibbs for a decade. Young Reid's desperation is unmatched.
Reid wasn’t at the club when we first started going for Gibbs, and we gave up after he signed his last 5 year deal with you guys. Why would we chase a guy in his late 20’s on a 5 year deal. He approached us

I know for a fact that the AFC don’t feel any pressure from comments made by the press or any player agents. They deliberately don’t respond to media comments/opinions as well a comments made by agents as doing so often makes the media turn against you even more. They have their valuation for gov set and won’t let the outside “crap” which is the specific word used during this convo dictate any trade

Heres a press conference from July where they did exactly that:

Pretty sure SOS was the one who took a stand against those dodgy practices
Wouldn't surprise me. I was being tongue in cheek, but you are right, it isn't fair to tar Silvagni with that :thumbs:

For all my criticism of his work with GWS and early days at the Blues, he does come across as a very honest guy, who absolutely loves the Carlton Football Club and always has the club's best interests at heart. Must have been terrible to have had his name dragged through the papers and mud (alongside Bradley) when it doesn't appear like they did anything wrong.

This has absolutely zero to do with anything.
I posted a few pages back that a Crows fan would equate his value to his brother, thankyou for proving me correct :D

Is this presser in relation to MM

Its about the Collective Minds Mankind Project campe. Which caused Mitch to lose faith in the club.

But if I really need to cite a direct reference to the Mitch trade then I'll just use outspoken board member Mark Ricciuto and his public comments on the trade.

Meanwhile at Carlton, no word whatsoever. We havent even made it public knowledge or beyond the doors of the inner sanctum who we are intent on drafting at 1 as SOS is of the belief it could impact trades. Everyone knows Adelaide's business. Place leaks like a sieve.

Im saying he is worth pick 13 -16 hardly troll and higher than most non Adelaide supporters. Doesn't matter how many time you repeat Adelaide hold all the cards when trading with Carlton. Doesn't change the fact it is a very obvious observation that Mitch McGovern returning to play for them in 2019 would be a shocking situation for the Crows considering the statements from his manager and the fact he would take up salary cap space that could be spent on players who want to be there.

There would also be a decent likelihood if Darcy Fogarty has a good training block over summer MM's place in the team would not be guaranteed provided Jenkins, Lynch and Walker are also available. If that happens his trade value plummets.Darcy Fogarty was very impressive last year and Adelaide can't play five over 190cm forwards in their team. MM might be picked ahead of Jenkins as well, but at best that would be a very close selection decision even if Mitch returns to form. Anyway, my point in the previous post was that I don't believe you believe Mitch is worth a first+ which is what you posted. iF that's not true then why don't you accept the chance to point out Im wrong by accepting the bet to simply come on here and state you don't understand afl trade if the pick Adelaide gets in trade is higher than 13 after Lynch compo. Thanks for proving my previous post was right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back