Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl...-for-jake-lever-afl/21r8ikvmsgr513qyq3no5q7m0

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-05/trade-wrap-will-the-crows-let-charlie-go

Remember the crows got 2 x 1st rounders for lever with steak knives back and pick 12 for cameron in deals done only last year. It gives crows supporters immense confidence that whatever the asking price they have is they will get despite what media noise over the border whistles
You need to look at a 2018 draft preview. In pretty much everyone you'll read from an expert who follows the drafts over the years they talk about the quality of the top 25 picks. Last year they talked about how the quality of picks dropped off after the top ten. Even conservatively pick 12 in 2017 trade period (the Cameron pick) would have the same value as around pick 22ish in this years trade period.

Its about the Collective Minds Mankind Project campe. Which caused Mitch to lose faith in the club.

But if I really need to cite a direct reference to the Mitch trade then I'll just use outspoken board member Mark Ricciuto and his public comments on the trade.

Meanwhile at Carlton, no word whatsoever. We havent even made it public knowledge or beyond the doors of the inner sanctum who we are intent on drafting at 1 as SOS is of the belief it could impact trades. Everyone knows Adelaide's business. Place leaks like a sieve.
:p
You haven't followed this closely have you ? ..... a) the majority of accusations related to the Leadership group, that broke away from the main group, and the indigenous lads ......neither of which Mitch was part of
b) Mitch it's been claimed was unhappy even before PS started ...so that's a no to the Camp Saga & what you're trying to claim

Wouldn't surprise me. I was being tongue in cheek, but you are right, it isn't fair to tar Silvagni with that :thumbs:

For all my criticism of his work with GWS and early days at the Blues, he does come across as a very honest guy, who absolutely loves the Carlton Football Club and always has the club's best interests at heart. Must have been terrible to have had his name dragged through the papers and mud (alongside Bradley) when it doesn't appear like they did anything wrong.
All good. I actually think SOS, Bradley and Brown were cast out by a lot of players around that period because they spoke against the club. They were apparently livid when they found out what was going on, hence why it took a long time for SOS to come back into the fold. SOS is a pretty staunch guy who I would hate to be sitting on the other side of during trade negotiations however like all list managers he just has the interest of the club at heart

You need to look at a 2018 draft preview. In pretty much everyone you'll read from an expert who follows the drafts over the years they talk about the quality of the top 25 picks. Last year they talked about how the quality of picks dropped off after the top ten. Even conservatively pick 12 in 2017 trade period (the Cameron pick) would have the same value as around pick 22ish in this years trade period.
Oh just go away ....you're sounding stupid now

:p
You haven't followed this closely have you ? ..... a) the majority of accusations related to the Leadership group, that broke away from the main group, and the indigenous lads ......neither of which Mitch was part of
b) Mitch it's been claimed was unhappy even before PS started ...so that's a no to the Camp Saga & what you're trying to claim

I can only really go by what was reported in the media and by the manager. As opposed to opinions of BF posters who are desperately trying avoid the truth.

I can only really go by what was reported in the media and by the manager. As opposed to opinions of BF posters who are desperately trying avoid the truth.
:think: Where do you think the media get their stories from ?

And when did the media social media brigade become the purveyors of truth ?

Dont know mate. Maybe Tex needs to send out another group text message?
So when assessing and weeding out all the BS in media postings .....you simply have to apply logic, rather than the emotive wants of supporters

OMG .....you just lumped every State League player around the Country at the same level in the Draft ......WOW what ignorance

You keep coming up with one dimensional trade options, argue their merits .....simply because that's all you've got in trade chips .....so amateurish in your thinking

Wow! What a desperate cherry picker you are.

Since you rate them so well, I suppose 24 and a state league player is enough then. So quit wasting space in this thread with your childish complaining.

Wouldn't surprise me. I was being tongue in cheek, but you are right, it isn't fair to tar Silvagni with that :thumbs:

For all my criticism of his work with GWS and early days at the Blues, he does come across as a very honest guy, who absolutely loves the Carlton Football Club and always has the club's best interests at heart. Must have been terrible to have had his name dragged through the papers and mud (alongside Bradley) when it doesn't appear like they did anything wrong.
And in fairness to GWS he served out his duties with only you in mind. He ****ed us over in the Jaksch trade for example. Didnt try and help us secretly:

Oh just go away ....you're sounding stupid now
You don't get anything to do with afl football, drafting or trading clearly. For the record read a draft preview.Im repeating what has been said by plenty including the AFL Nation Talent Manager Kevin Sheehan.
From Kevin Sheehan on the sen website talking about the 2018 draft
“We can talk about super drafts in terms of the players early,” Sheehan told SEN's KB and the Doc.
“I reckon the 20 will be as good as any 20 – put it that way.'

Pick 12 in 2017 would be at a minimumt the equivalent in terms of talent available.of pick 20 in 2018.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All good. I actually think SOS, Bradley and Brown were cast out by a lot of players around that period because they spoke against the club. They were apparently livid when they found out what was going on, hence why it took a long time for SOS to come back into the fold. SOS is a pretty staunch guy who I would hate to be sitting on the other side of during trade negotiations however like all list managers he just has the interest of the club at heart
Unless your name is Scott Clayton.....

You don't get anything to do with afl football, drafting or trading clearly. For the record read a draft preview.Im repeating what has been said by plenty including the AFL Nation Talent Manager Kevin Sheehan.
From Kevin Sheehan on the sen website talking about the 2018 draft
“We can talk about super drafts in terms of the players early,” Sheehan told SEN's KB and the Doc.
“I reckon the 20 will be as good as any 20 – put it that way.
'

Pick 12 in 2017 would be at a minimumt the equivalent in terms of talent available.of pick 20 in 2018.
You read what you wanted .....he said as good as any 20 ...not better

So try and make an informed call, not try and twist words to suit your POV

Players under contract will only nominate a club they want to go to if a suitable deal has been informally agreed upon between both teams and is then relayed onto their management.
Colin Young isnt the sharpest tool in the shed but you would think he has been assured by carlton that they are willing to meet the crows demands in a trade for Mitch.
Carlton fans need to accept that you do actually want him and have been trying to get him for the last 2 years.
He is a good young best 22 player and his brother is a superstar. He also has 2 years left on his contract. Expect to pay a decent amount.
Dont have to say colin young is dumb. what evidence do you have of this? harsh

Dont have to say colin young is dumb. what evidence do you have of this? harsh
Well Connors was none too complimentary on Trade Radio IIRC

You read what you wanted .....he said as good as any 20 ...not better

So try and make an informed call, not try and twist words to suit your POV
Not sure how my post was twisting the truth in any way.The person with more than a decade of experience as the AFL Talent Manager thinks it could be the equal of any top 20 in terms of talent in the drafts he has seen. Point stands that not only Sheehan but other draft experts have spoken about the quality of the top 20.Hence the constant reference to the 2018 Super Draft mentioned a ton this year. Not sure how that doesn't mean that Pick 12 would have a significantly higher value in this draft then the same pick in the 2017 draft, which was my point.

Last edited:
Not sure how that is twisting.The person with more than a decade of experience as the AFL Talent Manager thinks it could be the equal of any top 20 in terms of talent in the drafts he has seen. Point stands that not only Sheehan but other draft experts have spoken about the quality of the top 20.Hence the constant reference to the 2018 Super Draft mentioned a ton this year. Not sure how that doesn't mean that Pick 12 would have a significantly higher value in this draft then the 2017 draft which was my point.
What the comment said, was that the trade pick value was the same as any other year .....it's been said, the top 8 is better than other years

What the comment said, was that the trade pick value was the same as any other year .....it's been said, the top 8 is better than other years
The top 20 mentioned by Sheehan as being great, google Collingwood Superdraft as a recent headline reinforcing this point as well.. Read any draft preview and they describe the first seven players as in the race for number 1 and also talk about the quality of the top 20. They are calling it a Superdarft for a reason. Not sure why you want to fight a loosing argument. This year's draft has been described as high quality by pretty much every expert and the 2017 draft was not described in the same way.

Last edited:
Your clutching at straws with this camp rhetoric.....if the camp was so bad why did we resign Sloane, Seedsman, Lynch, Douglas, doedoe, and about 5 more others this year...it can’t have been as bad as it has been reported.

Your clutching at straws with this camp rhetoric.....if the camp was so bad why did we resign Sloane, Seedsman, Lynch, Douglas, doedoe, and about 5 more others this year...it can’t have been as bad as it has been reported.
And Gov had thoughts of leaving before the camp even happend. Anyone thinking the integrity unit are getting involved here are definitely clutching at straws

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back