Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually suggested that trade was acceptable, I was referring to the delusional ones wanting 12/13+25 or pick 1 to be invovled which seems to be the more norm crows fans demands on here.
Most crows supporters have said Carlton need to get Sydney to give them their first for Carlton’s 2x 2nds and that’ll do.. I think it will do but adelaide will prabably want steak knives like mcadam thrown in..

No one from Adelaide is saying pick one.. unless it’s pick one used in a big trade deal that sees Carlton get shiel and McGovern...

Mate..

The crap we crows supporters have to put up with from some of your fellow Carlton supporters not only here on the main board but even on our own board is beyond a joke..

All this bloody rubbish rumours about camps, contract signings, McGovern’s feelings, blah, blah, blah.. like any of it makes one iota of difference.. no wonder some of us finally decide to tell them all to put up or shut up or simply start taking the piss out of them.. but nope.. not one of them when asked to back up their wild statements and rumours can do so... not ****in one.

It’s just pathetic... then they turn around and tell us we’re gonna be offered a mid second rounder for him and we have to accept it.. what planet are these morons from?.

I keep saying in this thread, go ahead reject our second rounder plus state player, then get mcgovern to have a great season next year to force us into paying what you want for him.
The way Gibbs did it for us.

I’m sure McGovern would do it for your club :)

Problem solved :)

Most crows supporters have said Carlton need to get Sydney to give them their first for Carlton’s 2x 2nds and that’ll do.. I think it will do but adelaide will prabably want steak knives like mcadam thrown in..

No one from Adelaide is saying pick one.. unless it’s pick one used in a big trade deal that sees Carlton get shiel and McGovern...

Get a life. You are just trolling get lost.

The very few people here are now just talking out of there arses here.

People giving Carlton and SOS shit for demanding a high price for Gibbs is hilarious. What did they honestly expect. Were they hoping us to hand over one of our very few contracted stars for a packet of chips? Suppose Adelaide were so used to the previous list managers of Carlton that loved us getting spanked at the trade table.
I bet these same people that thought blues were irresponsible with the demand were complaining us to not get a priority pick because we traded Gibbs out. Well guess what?! You can't have your cake and eat it too. Adelaide thought he was the puzzle piece after the club lost the GF, only to later find out they created a few more problems for themselves.

Hate on SOS all you want. But don't think he is going to bend over for a player on the edge of Adelaide's 22. If crows are unreasonable, he will throw his attention to trade talks with other clubs and push that one to the back of the line.

Carlton wont walk away if a medical has been done, it will make them look weak and set a trend of why would players go to the blues,

Here is one of the delusional ones, pick 13 + Mcadam lol

Oh I like you. If Mitch nominated for the draft this year, where would he be selected? Somewhere in the 20-30 range? Thats what you'll get and a player. Give up on the first rounder cause its not happening.

Right from the start I said the camp is why hes leaving but I was reliable informed by yourself and your cohort its all about the cash. Turns out I was right as hes on similar money if he winds up with us and he knocked back a huge offer from Freo last year on even more money.

Whats going on? Why does he want to leave?
No monetary value of the contract has been provided.. nothing but vague ranting from his manager about it being “similar”... and his manager is a known deceptive liar.

And sorry... but the rest of your rantings about camps, contract signings, Mitch’s feelings, blah, blah, blah that you keep going on and on about aren’t even worth responding to anymore.

No monetary value of the contract has been provided.. nothing but vague ranting from his manager about it being “similar”... and his manager is a known deceptive liar.

And sorry... but the rest of your rantings about camps, contract signings, Mitch’s feelings, blah, blah, blah that you keep going on and on about aren’t even worth responding to anymore.

Put this idiot on ignore Blues will save you the grief and he can post by himself.

Carlton wont walk away if a medical has been done, it will make them look weak and set a trend of why would players go to the blues,

Carlton aren’t being unreasonable, we are saying that we will take this player that he nominated us with whatvee currency we have left, can’t just pull picks out of our arse because Adelaide demands them.

So either Adelaide accept the currency that we do have available, or they don’t in which case we can’t do anything cause we don’t have the currency they are asking for

It’s that simple

No monetary value can be quoted because we havent offered anything as yet. But why does he want to leave after just signing a contract last year? What upset the apple cart? Im dying to hear your view on all this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yea I said it multiple times, every player that requests a trade wants out. There’s never been a player request a trade that didn’t want out. To say he wants out so we’ve lost bargaining power is bizzare

No one should be saying Adelaide don't hold any power. But it's an apple and an orange here.

Everyone gave us shit for the high price of Gibbs when the truth was that he was our second-best player. After getting what we wanted a year later we were still given shit for letting him go. Damned if we do and damned if we don't.

Adelaide going in here with a similar attitude is encouraged by journalists based on the recent history. But little do they understand that it would be more irresponsible for crows to act this way, especially when a less-valuable player is leaving under entirely different circumstances. Adelaide could well and truly put their reputation at risk here.

But why does he want to leave after just signing a contract last year? What upset the apple cart? Im dying to hear your view on all this.
He is loved by the playing group and he loves the group he was at the mad monday.. what I’m hearing is it’s Burton, he has put a few players off side.

We are not the desperate ones here.. Reid will play hard ball I can assure of that.

Yes you are desperate in this situation unfortunately. Bulldogs with Stringer was similar he wanted to leave. With Mitch the issues go deep in the rabbit hole. Blues will play nice although you are holding a weak hand here if MM throws a tantrum that is.

Don't need to. What they say means bugger all like everybody else. If they say something stupid, then it's on them.

You're just adding to the shit by insulting him and pigeonholing people. Not needed.

Not when they argue their stupid point til they're blue in the face, I just can't sit by and read bullshit like that without calling it out.

You call me out for pigeonholing, yet you just pigeonholed me and every other Adelaide supporter as being deluded in your original post to me, talk about hypocrisy! Clearly you missed my, and many other AFC supporters' previous objectivity.

We are not the desperate ones here.. Reid will play hard ball I can assure of that.

Ffs, how many times do I need to say this.

We will try and work with other clubs to bundle our second rounders and state player to get you the pick you want, but if we get no takers from other clubs, we can’t give you what you want because we don’t have it.

So, play as hard ball as you want, go to a different club or keep mcgovern, because if we don’t have what you want then there’s no point playing hard ball with us lol

Yes you are desperate in this situation unfortunately. Bulldogs with Stringer was similar he wanted to leave. With Mitch the issues go deep in the rabbit hole. Blues will play nice although you are holding a weak hand here if MM throws a tantrum that is.[/QUOTE. What is Adelaide running a pre school...tantrums....if this the case then I’m sending you to the naughty corner for that comment.
What is Adelaide running a pre school...tantrums....if this the case then I’m sending you to the naughty corner for that comment.[/QUOTE]

He is loved by the playing group and he loves the group he was at the mad monday.. what I’m hearing is it’s Burton, he has put a few players off side.

Ive heard that too. But ive also heard there are a number of reason and while that wasnt cited I can reasonably agree that is one of the reasons. Its not for money though which has screwed with the agenda driven reports from AFC.

He is free to speak to the media about the pre season camp and how he was mistreated and how trust is broken. Is that what you wanted to hear?

Oh I like you. If Mitch nominated for the draft this year, where would he be selected? Somewhere in the 20-30 range? Thats what you'll get and a player. Give up on the first rounder cause its not happening.

Right from the start I said the camp is why hes leaving but I was reliable informed by yourself and your cohort its all about the cash. Turns out I was right as hes on similar money if he winds up with us and he knocked back a huge offer from Freo last year on even more money.

Whats going on? Why does he want to leave?

Are you aware his gf has applied for studies which are apparently only offered in two states - Vic and Qld... WA is not one of them...

I'll let you figure out the rest. Don't ever believe a word Colin Young says, he's an amateur.

Mate..

The crap we crows supporters have to put up with from some of your fellow Carlton supporters not only here on the main board but even on our own board is beyond a joke..

All this bloody rubbish rumours about camps, contract signings, McGovern’s feelings, blah, blah, blah.. like any of it makes one iota of difference.. no wonder some of us finally decide to tell them all to put up or shut up or simply start taking the piss out of them.. but nope.. not one of them when asked to back up their wild statements and rumours can do so... not ****in one.

It’s just pathetic... then they turn around and tell us we’re gonna be offered a mid second rounder for him and we have to accept it.. what planet are these morons from?.

No point even bringing up things that have been reported because they will get ignored or twisted... A past player just came out and said stuff went down, McClure reported this was going to happen midseason (not a bad effort considering all the trash other media personalities come up with) and a thread was made to bag him.

Ive heard that too. But ive also heard there are a number of reason and while that wasnt cited I can reasonably agree that is one of the reasons. Its not for money though which has screwed with the agenda driven reports from AFC.
Burton in his playing days had even told on other players for drinking when they were not supposed to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back