Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonder if Carlton will trade some of the under performing first rounds picks they have had in the past to release value.

Are you aware his gf has applied for studies which are apparently only offered in two states - Vic and Qld... WA is not one of them...

I'll let you figure out the rest. Don't ever believe a word Colin Young says, he's an amateur.

Not allowed to believe McGovern. Not allowed to believe his manager. Not alowed to believe media.

Have to rely on Adelaide posters on Bigfooty who follow his girlfriends instagram and official and unofficial releases from Adelaide FC spokespeople. Do you see where this line of reasoning fails?

No point even bringing up things that have been reported because they will get ignored or twisted... A past player just came out and said stuff went down, McClure reported this was going to happen midseason (not a bad effort considering all the trash other media personalities come up with) and a thread was made to bag him.
McClure also reported Sloane was leaving.

Not when they argue their stupid point til they're blue in the face, I just can't sit by and read bullshit like that without calling it out.

You call me out for pigeonholing, yet you just pigeonholed me and every other Adelaide supporter as being deluded in your original post to me, talk about hypocrisy! Clearly you missed my, and many other AFC supporters' previous objectivity.

As a matter of fact, I didn't pigeonhole. I merely neutralised the playing field by informing you of your stupid implications about blues supporters 'derailing any semblance of logic'.

Did I say Adelaide supporters were the only ones to blame for delusion? No! I stated that they too have been posting rubbish. There are some deluded posters on both ends of the spectrum here, but don't go using one or two bad nuts to paint the rest of us.

Let people dig themselves further into their own ditches. Don't need insults and generalisations.

Wonder if Carlton will trade some of the under performing first rounds picks they have had in the past to release value.

Nope - the underperforming first round picks as you put it are required as depth players at minimum unless they request a trade they are all staying put as we need them to gel as a unit. They will all have their opportunities and if they perform they keep their spots. We want depth on every single line for next 10 years otherwise this rebuild has been pointless.

He is free to speak to the media about the pre season camp and how he was mistreated and how trust is broken. Is that what you wanted to hear?

My god, you're still trotting out that camp line as if it's some sort of almighty blackmail hand he has over us.

Let him speak about the camp, who gives a shit. If the camp was so malicious, why are Collective Minds still in business? Please, indulge me.

Anything that went down at the camp was at the behest of CM, the Adelaide Football Club agreed to use their services to gain an edge. To a select few it wasn't appropriate. AFC then parted ways with CM this year as a result and fronted up to the media to advise everyone as much.

Over 40 other blokes on our list did not have one iota of a problem with what went on during the camp, so anything McGovern thinks he can use against us will only serve to weaken his image moving forward, not ours.

He's weak to the core, from his manager mincing his words multiple times to his decision to reneg on a long term contract he signed only 12 months ago.

Not allowed to believe McGovern. Not allowed to believe his manager. Not alowed to believe media.

Have to rely on Adelaide posters on Bigfooty who follow his girlfriends instagram and official and unofficial releases from Adelaide FC spokespeople. Do you see where this line of reasoning fails?

It doesn't take a genius to read his managers comments 12 months ago, then his comments a week ago, then his comments this weak to know beyond any reasonable doubt he's full of shit..

My god, you're still trotting out that camp line as if it's some sort of almighty blackmail hand he has over us.

Let him speak about the camp, who gives a shit. If the camp was so malicious, why are Collective Minds still in business? Please, indulge me.

Anything that went down at the camp was at the behest of CM, the Adelaide Football Club agreed to use their services to gain an edge. To a select few it wasn't appropriate. AFC then parted ways with CM this year as a result and fronted up to the media to advise everyone as much.

Over 40 other blokes on our list did not have one iota of a problem with what went on during the camp, so anything McGovern thinks he can use against us will only serve to weaken his image moving forward, not ours.

He's weak to the core, from his manager mincing his words multiple times to his decision to reneg on a long term contract he signed only 12 months ago.

He feels mistreated and trust is broken why are you debating with me? Go and write him a letter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi everyone,

Good to see the Mitch McGovern debate is still running strong after 280 pages.

Is it possible to put up a poll in this thread on MM's trade value.

We could include a speculative trade range between 2 x top ten picks + player to a third round pick.

Would be interesting to see who's closest to the mark.

Hi everyone,

We could include a speculative trade range between 2 x top ten picks + player to a third round pick.

Late first rounder or 24 and McAdam if they grab him.

It doesn't take a genius to read his managers comments 12 months ago, then his comments a week ago, then his comments this weak to know beyond any reasonable doubt he's full of shit..

Ive no doubt player managers generally are. But I've not seen AFC rubbish his claims of "a number of reasons" with the camp being part of it. Im sure the medicos during finals, his girlfriend wanting to relocate, the camp... all culminated together leading into his request to leave. But its not about money which is what I was reliably told is the driving factor by Crows supporters. Remember, we didnt chase him this year. His management approached us.

You should have traded him last year as part of the Gibbs trade when we first enquired about him.

Hi everyone,

What's the point? Most Adelaide fans will got for the first option. Most Carlton supporters will go for the latter.

As a matter of fact, I didn't pigeonhole. I merely neutralised the playing field by informing you of your stupid implications about blues supporters 'derailing any semblance of logic'.

Did I say Adelaide supporters were the only ones to blame for delusion? No! I stated that they too have been posting rubbish. There are some deluded posters on both ends of the spectrum here, but don't go using one or two bad nuts to paint the rest of us.

Let people dig themselves further into their own ditches. Don't need insults and generalisations.

Please, show me exactly where I did that? At least get your facts straight.

I said "certain" morons who support your club.. clearly referring to one in particular you were aware of. Not once did I ever "paint the rest of you" so give it a rest.

Ive no doubt player managers generally are. But I've not seen AFC rubbish his claims of "a number of reasons" with the camp being part of it. Im sure the medicos during finals, his girlfriend wanting to relocate, the camp... all culminated together leading into his request to leave. But its not about money which is what I was reliably told is the driving factor by Crows supporters. Remember, we didnt chase him this year. His management approached us.

You should have traded him last year as part of the Gibbs trade when we first enquired about him.

If you genuinely believe that, coming from the mouth of a bloke who's not only changed his story twice in the space of a week, but three times in the space of a year, then I really cannot help you.

If you genuinely believe that, coming from the mouth of a bloke who's not only changed his story twice in the space of a week, but three times in the space of a year, then I really cannot help you.

We havent offered any money yet or even indicated contract length. How can it be money when nothing has been put forward?

I said pick 13 only..

But maybe the crows might ask for a bit more....

So give up twisting my words... or actually take the time to read my comment and understand it before responding
He is worth maybe an early 2nd rounder, overs will be a late 1st not pick 12/13 with the potential of wanting more. We could get Setterfield + Brodie for 24+25, be a waste to use that on MM.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back