Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

I doubt most Crows fans would give a shit if this trade doesn't go through.

I don't think it will, McGovern will be in SA next year unless another club swoops in late in the piece.

Reid will dig his heels in based on the past two years of the Gibbs saga and Silvagni will just walk away if the price is, in his opinion, too high.

In fact, I reckon Silvagni will put an offer on the table within the first hour of the trade period and say the deal has a 48-hour expiry. The reason being that he will have other deals bubbling along in the background that will involve whatever picks & players he has in that offer to Reid.

I don't think it will, McGovern will be in SA next year unless another club swoops in late in the piece.

Reid will dig his heels in based on the past two years of the Gibbs saga and Silvagni will just walk away if the price is, in his opinion, too high.
lol youre way off as usual mate. Trade will get done, its too far gone.

lol youre way off as usual mate. Trade will get done, its too far gone.

Really ??

If the Crows don't want to accept a second-rounder and something else like that State League player option then we have nothing else to offer because #1 isn't on the table and never will be.

Really ??

If the Crows don't want to accept a second-rounder and something else like that State League player option then we have nothing else to offer because #1 isn't on the table and never will be.
Reid and SOS will look just as bad if they walk away with nothing.

The bad blood I feel is worse with supporters than it is the people in charge. Lets hope they learned from last time rather than making things worse.

Really ??

Thank you. Just because Carlton don’t have a pick to the value being placed on MM doesn’t mean Adelaide have to accept unders, same as Carlton did to Adelaide in 2016. MM can request a trade to another club (eg GC) if a trade can’t be done and he’s happy to move elsewhere (anywhere but Adelaide if it’s such a big deal).

Thank you. Just because Carlton don’t have a pick to the value being placed on MM doesn’t mean Adelaide have to accept unders, same as Carlton did to Adelaide in 2016. MM can request a trade to another club (eg GC) if a trade can’t be done and he’s happy to move elsewhere (anywhere but Adelaide if it’s such a big deal).

The only other way to bridge the gap (assuming there is one) may be to involve a third club somehow.

The bad blood I feel is worse with supporters than it is the people in charge. Lets hope they learned from last time rather than making things worse.

No they freakin' won't !!

If Reid considers the Carlton offer is unders he is going to look more of a dick if he accepts that and conversely, if Silvagni buckles (which will never happen but anyway) then he too stands to come off looking like an unprofessional administrator by offering more.

Sometimes in business you have to accept that you can't reach a compromise and just walk away and save face.

If Reid considers the Carlton offer is unders he is going to look more of a dick if he accepts that and conversely, if Silvagni buckles (which will never happen but anyway) then he too stands to come off looking like an unprofessional administrator by offering more.

Sometimes in business you have to accept that you can't reach a compromise and just walk away and save face.
In business you also dont walk away from a win-win.

The trade makes too much sense for both parties.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is a reverse Gibbs situation from Adelaide Club's POV - no doubt.
However...
The difference is that Gibbs was indifferent about staying at Carlton - if a deal couldn't be brokered to satisfy Carlton and his year playing at Carlton demonstrated his professionalism. It seems that McGovern for whatever reason - is showing no such indifference.

Can you name an example of a disgruntled player seeking a trade out that hasn't been sorted - MaCarthy aside?

However...
The difference is that Gibbs was indifferent about staying at Carlton - if a deal couldn't be brokered to satisfy Carlton and his year playing at Carlton demonstrated his professionalism. It seems that McGovern for whatever reason - is showing no such indifference.

Can you name an example of a disgruntled player seeking a trade out that hasn't been sorted - MaCarthy aside?
In addition, we were royally screwed without Gibbs...as we saw this year.

Crows have so much forward talent that McGovern leaving wont have that much of an effect.

However...

I have stated many times prior that IMO, McGovern is worth a pick in the 22-30 range but based on the existing contract being in place, there may have to be a little more mayo in the deal to kick it through.

If Reid values him more than that or even massively over values him (which is my biggest fear) then we are not going to pay it and then what happens ??

The fact that McGovern is under contract means that if the Crows really want to, they can flip a massive bird at the Blues and not trade him to us at all or trade him to an alternative club.

In addition, we were royally screwed without Gibbs...as we saw this year.

Crows have so much forward talent that McGovern leaving wont have that much of an effect.

Because of those reasons the Crows should give him away cheap ??

Unless there is something going on behind the scenes that we are not privy too (and I damn well hope there is) then the Crows hold the whip hand right now.

They can name the price and stick to it.

On the flipside, the risk for them is that if they hold out for too much, they could end up with a disgruntled & unmotivated player on their list next year.

Because of those reasons the Crows should give him away cheap ??

Unless there is something going on behind the scenes that we are not privy too (and I damn well hope there is) then the Crows hold the whip hand right now.

They can name the price and stick to it.

On the flipside, the risk for them is that if they hold out for too much, they could end up with a disgruntled & unmotivated player on their list next year.
If he doesnt play he wont get paid, if he doesnt play well he will be in the SANFL getting paid less than seniors, I dont see the Crows backing down given the Gibbs fiasco and we will have to reach a compromise.

If he doesnt play he wont get paid, if he doesnt play well he will be in the SANFL getting paid less than seniors, I dont see the Crows backing down given the Gibbs fiasco and we will have to reach a compromise.

He has a contract so he gets paid whether he plays AFL, SANFL or sits on the sidelined injured of sorts.

Reid will be an absolute hero if he walks away. Just getting one back for 2016 will be enough. Nobody is pushing Gov out. The fans aren’t really upset like many were with Lever. And like we all were with Danger.

If Reid walks away from the table, Crows fans will absolutely love it. It may not be the best outcome for us, but aside from landing Luko or Rankine it will be by far the most satisfying outcome.

Think the Crows will want the two second rounders Carlton hold and maybe McAdam , No 1st rounder involved.

Nope. If we do sign Stengle and Smith (yuk), and if we end up re-signing Cheney and Otten for one more year each (likely imo), we have 2 spots available on our list. 3 if you count Gov. No room for McAdam and those 2 second rounders are below our existing 3 picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back