MLB Season 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

do they do the take me out to the ball game break at every game ?? or just post season ?

Yes always after top of 7th---part of the game at every park

do they do the take me out to the ball game break at every game ?? or just post season ?

Every game throughout the regular and postseason. None have been more embarrassing than Bill Murray's rendition. I actually feared he had a stroke.

Every game throughout the regular and postseason. None have been more embarrassing than Bill Murray's rendition. I actually feared he had a stroke.

That's just him--plus you can bet he was fueled since the early arvo

Cubs in 7

Magic Number:
black-cat-number-2-12741_zpsrcuxvtrs.gif

believe_zpsz8oauaje.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gonne be something tho if Cleveland blew a 3-1 lead.

I actually don't think that, I really hope we win, but lets be honest the Cubs have an endless budget and quality the whole way through, I have said all along this series is never over with the Cubs.

Are we going to miss our 2 injured starters? lets remember the rest of the series its short rest vs Full rest. This series is 50/50 and the only reason i think we have a good chance is we are playing in Cleveland.

Hopefully we can get a win in the last 2 games.

I actually don't think that, I really hope we win, but lets be honest the Cubs have an endless budget and quality the whole way through, I have said all along this series is never over with the Cubs.

Are we going to miss our 2 injured starters? lets remember the rest of the series its short rest vs Full rest. This series is 50/50 and the only reason i think we have a good chance is we are playing in Cleveland.

Hopefully we can get a win in the last 2 games.
The Cubs have already won it in 4 though. I'm not sure what this Indians being up 3-2 is.

Might as well have started Ryan Merritt today. Young fella probably would have done a better job.

You can say Aroldis Chapman had a David Freese moment with an 8 out save tonight. Off to Cleveland now, Arrieta and Hendricks vs a short rested Tomlin and Kluber. We get 4 Schwarber AB's back.

#IBelieve.

I think there is a fair bit in the short rest. Sure Bumgarner might be able to do it, but can three Cleveland starting pitchers do it? They have managed to keep Miller out of a few games though which is positive.

Chicago starters should be stronger. They have to get their bats going though.

I think there is a fair bit in the short rest. Sure Bumgarner might be able to do it, but can three Cleveland starting pitchers do it? They have managed to keep Miller out of a few games though which is positive.

Chicago starters should be stronger. They have to get their bats going though.

Spot on, the Cubs Bats get going I think they win it, if Indians can hold them for one of the two remaining games we win, its that simple.

People can say all they want that Indians shouldn't lose it from 3-1 up, but it is very hard to win any series with only 3 starters, especially when you are up against a team that regardless of their drought is one of the highest spending ball clubs in baseball.

When you have Bryant, Baez, Contreras, Russell, Hendricks, Schwarber, Soler, CJ Edwards all making their debuts either in 2014, 15 or 16, the amount of money spent elsewhere hardly factors into the teams success on the field. That's what people seem to confuse with the Cubs and big spenders like the Dodgers and Yankees. The Cubs haven't bought their way into the World Series.

The Cubs have got to the world series through some ****ing great drafting and trading, with the budget to add a guy like Lester helping (and Heyward, although that hasn't exactly been money well spent for this season.

They flipped 6 months of Feldman for Arrieta and Strop. Dempster got us Kyle Hendricks. Garza got turned in to Grimm and Carl Edwards, amongst others. Samardzija and Hammell got Russell over here. Rizzo was a trade from the Padres very early on.

Budget doesn't hurt, never gonna complain about that. But there's two major free agent signings in the regular team and I guess zobrist is next tier down. Fowler was a bargain because no one wanted to pay him. It's incredibly churlish to default back to that argument in anything.

Whoever wins this series deserves it. Cleveland have been outstanding thus far, bullpen brilliant and starters very good with their hitters getting players across when it matters. Cubs have been less good but I still back em to be able to win two more games. Looking forward to the last two games in Cleveland. Should be excellent.

Also the stretch was pretty great today.

I agree you haven't bought a World Series that was never my point. But the difference between the Indians and Cubs is it's a little easier for the Cubs to plug the holes for another assault in 2017.

Remove this Banner Ad

MLB Season 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back