MLB Season 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't be surprised to see Dave Roberts fired after this game
Seems a nice guy, and I always have fond memories of him as a pinch runner in that 2004 ALCS game against the Yankees when he scored the winning run, but he was on thin ice until they won the WS in 2020, and he'll be on thin ice again. One World series in 7 years won't be good enough for the Dodgers owners.

Yeah, I don’t know what to make of the expanded postseason. 12 teams is 40% of teams making the postseason, too many teams IMO. 2 divisions this year had 3 teams each making the postseasons, 2 of them finished with 87 and 86 wins. In 2015, the Cardinals, Pirates and Cubs all made the postseason from the same division, with 100, 98 and 97 wins.
Not only that, the two best teams in each league sit out of baseball for 5 days, 2 of those teams have been eliminated and the Yankees might also get eliminated.

Anything more than a day or two off is trouble in baseball I reckon

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah, I don’t know what to make of the expanded postseason. 12 teams is 40% of teams making the postseason, too many teams IMO. 2 divisions this year had 3 teams each making the postseasons, 2 of them finished with 87 and 86 wins. In 2015, the Cardinals, Pirates and Cubs all made the postseason from the same division, with 100, 98 and 97 wins.
IF and it’s a big if, MLB ever were fair, they would scrap the Wildcard altogether, an have the 4 best team. No point having divisions when St Louis won theirs but had to to play wildcard vs the Phillies who finished 14 behind their divisional leaders.
WINNER of each divisions plus the next best W/L record play for the Divisional Series..

Remove this Banner Ad

MLB Season 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back