Vintage Bay Mofra's Bottom 50 for 2019 - Now featuring the bottom 5 Arnott's biscuits

Remove this Banner Ad

Player #34 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti

Fun fact: Won’t be the only player from Drouin to feature in this year’s bottom 50 ...

1568695449933.jpeg

Above: A punk song about Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti. It certainly beats the Essendon club song:

Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti is an Essendon player known as Tippa or Walla, because his full name is too hard for Essendon fans to spell.

A small forward, he kicked 32 goals at 1.4 goals per game from his 23 games (home & away season plus one losing final, because Essendon).
That seems pretty respectable but... let us examine his year a little closer shall we?

Walla is a downhill skiier par excellance. In 11 losses this year, Walla managed 6 goals and that was dressed up by 4 goals in his last two games. When Essendon's season was on the line, Walla managed 1 goal from 8 losses.

He also seems to have an aversion to expansion clubs. In 5 games against expansion clubs he managed one goal (against the Crows in round 18). This basically means he only really performs in conditions are just right for him, against 'traditional clubs', in a win when his teammates up field fed him the ball. In bukake/Saints team bonding session terms, he is the guy who finishes last after everyone else has... actually no let's just shut down that mental image right there.

There is no denying his story is a good one. Growing up on the Tiwi Islands, to further his football he moved to Drouin in Victoria where he learned to speak English, unlike most of the locals who grew up there. To help anyone who suffers a catastrophic GPS failure and finds themselves down there, he is a handy translation guide to help you:

Whaddayoooloogin at? - Sir or madam, why has my appearance has piqued your interest?
Gottadurry? - May I please borrow a tobacco product from you?
Wannagokarnt? - I challenge you to a duel of fisticuffs!
Cousin - Life partner

Walla added McDonald to his name in tribute to the family who cared for him during his time at Drouin. This would not work for Richmond fans as 'KFC' is a ridiculous addition to a surname.

Fun fact: at 171cm tall, he is a mere 5 inches taller than Starburns_

Walla, Tippa, watch out for Zac Merrett as he likes to pull dreadlocks. Welcome to the Bottom 50 for 2019.

At least he will be the only Essendon player on this list

Look you obviously don't understand the weight my opinion carries around these parts, so just best you move on.
It's your fat arse that carries the most weight

Sent by shoephone via Tapatoe

I think he prefers to be called Tipofmywoody

Sent by shoephone via Tapatoe

I'm running late to the thread this year, but I just wanted to point out the below quote from the Jack Martin post in case it hasn't been posted yet:
Carlton are leading the pack for his services who have a strong history of taking expansion club players and turning them around 360 degrees.
It's the subtle digs that sting the most.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Player #33 - Nathan Jones

Pictured: "Alright it's a bald-off, it's a bald-off people"

Nathan Jones has spent most of his career carrying an underperforming, tanking, Melbourne Football Club.
Captain since 2014, Jones didn't play a final until last year. Despite this, he has a better finals record than the entire Essendon football Club since his career began in 2006.

A widely respected player, 2019 was not a great for Nathan. Melbourne reverted to their normal 'odd' year form, where every odd numbered year they are terrible unlike even numbered years where they are only terrible 4 out of 5 years. Look out 2024 season!

His numbers look 'ok' but he is clearly showing signs of age as he hit the magical 31 and a half year old mark aka 'Hawthorn's average player age'. This year he dropped in every statistical category with less kicks, handballs, tackles, goal assists, goals, behinds, inside 50s, and presumably follicles.
I mean, sure as you age you do get a patch of hair growing in that weird space above your bum, but I chose to ignore that. Just like I ignore my grandma's patch. Her patch obscures her tramp stamp - I can only see half of each dolphin now.

The hard part is, he finished the season as borderline best 22 for the team that finished 17th on the ladder, where (unless you stupidly give your future first round pick away to the Crows) you're firmly in the young and rebuilding category. Compounding that is a sense of loyalty to a guy who bled for the club and gave his all through the darkest period in the club's on-field history. Fortunately Melbourne have a recent history of only making good decisions so I'm sure they'll make the right call.

He has been captain for a while now so I assume he had a say in calling off the pre-season camp this year because the players thought it was too hard last year. Before you cry 'soft' and 'flamin' millennials' just remember Adelaide did run their camp and that went about as well as the Stanford Prison Experiment.
In fact you could say that without Jack Watts, Melbourne are now substantially less camp. Ok, I'll see myself out...

Nath, Jonesy, congratulations on a stellar career. Welcome to the Bottom 50 for 2019.

Melbourne reverted to their normal 'odd' year form, where every odd numbered year they are terrible unlike even numbered years where they are only terrible 4 out of 5 years

Correcting you on a point of fact there Mofra ...

... they’re actually odd years when Melbourne perform well.

Player #33 - Nathan Jones

View attachment 748281
Pictured: "Alright it's a bald-off, it's a bald-off people"

Nathan Jones has spent most of his career carrying an underperforming, tanking, Melbourne Football Club.
Captain since 2014, Jones didn't play a final until last year. Despite this, he has a better finals record than the entire Essendon football Club since his career began in 2006.

A widely respected player, 2019 was not a great for Nathan. Melbourne reverted to their normal 'odd' year form, where every odd numbered year they are terrible unlike even numbered years where they are only terrible 4 out of 5 years. Look out 2024 season!

His numbers look 'ok' but he is clearly showing signs of age as he hit the magical 31 and a half year old mark aka 'Hawthorn's average player age'. This year he dropped in every statistical category with less kicks, handballs, tackles, goal assists, goals, behinds, inside 50s, and presumably follicles.
I mean, sure as you age you do get a patch of hair growing in that weird space above your bum, but I chose to ignore that. Just like I ignore my grandma's patch. Her patch obscures her tramp stamp - I can only see half of each dolphin now.

The hard part is, he finished the season as borderline best 22 for the team that finished 17th on the ladder, where (unless you stupidly give your future first round pick away to the Crows) you're firmly in the young and rebuilding category. Compounding that is a sense of loyalty to a guy who bled for the club and gave his all through the darkest period in the club's on-field history. Fortunately Melbourne have a recent history of only making good decisions so I'm sure they'll make the right call.

He has been captain for a while now so I assume he had a say in calling off the pre-season camp this year because the players thought it was too hard last year. Before you cry 'soft' and 'flamin' millennials' just remember Adelaide did run their camp and that went about as well as the Stanford Prison Experiment.
In fact you could say that without Jack Watts, Melbourne are now substantially less camp. Ok, I'll see myself out...

Nath, Jonesy, congratulations on a stellar career. Welcome to the Bottom 50 for 2019.
So jack watts likes manboobs and swimming?

Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti is an Essendon player known as Tippa or Walla, because his full name is too hard for Essendon fans to spell.
That wouldn't have something to do with their historical nickname, would it?

In nominal terms it's a borderline pass, but this was a guy who cost GWS a first and a third rounder for a total of 32 games across 3 seasons. Sure GWS have been given more concessions than the Collingwood cheersquad visiting the Public Transport Victoria offices, but even for their kissed-on-the-dick-with-draft-picks club that's a huge price to pay. Even more shockingly, this horror trade was orchestrated after crazy SOSsy had left the building.

Did LOL

Player #32 - Kyle Hartigan

Pictured: Kyle Hartigan is mobbed by teammates who will all be playing elsewhere next season

Kyle Hartigan is an Adelaide Crows defender from Keilor via Werribee, which qualifies him to be the worst tour guide in Australian history.

Picked up as a mature aged rookie in 2012, Kyle has been a mainstay of Adelaide's defence since the 2015 season. In 2016 he played every game, and even kicked a goal - the only goal of his career, as is to be expected from a lockdown defender. In 2017 he overcame injury and the embarrassment of the 'power stance' to play in the Crows' losing Grand Final. To this day, nobody knows why the Crows decided to name their signature pre-game move after their bitter cross town rivals.

After an average 2018, Kyle survived the Crows pre-season camp and went on to play 19 games in a year that won't be looked back upon fondly by Crows fans. As their side was repeatedly picked apart by teams who realised they haven't changed their gameplan since 2017, Kyle found himself part of a defence that was under siege (and not in a slightly nostalgic Steven Seagal way).

Despite the ball being in the Crows defensive half a lot more, Kyle was down in every statistical category except clangers. At 10 touches and 2 clangers a game he offers about as much rebound as a wet beanbag. Despite half the Crows list wanting to depart, most Crows fans see him as trade bait except for the bit about being worth something at the trade table, and another club considering him.
The likely sales message (borrowed from Maggsy ) might have a little to do with it: 'Tall key position defender that falls over a lot. Tries to punch, but often misses the ball. Looks athletic and has great work ethic in the gym, too bad there aren't dumbbells on the footy field'.

Fun fact: The solitary goal he kicked in his career was against Essendon which is at least as embarrassing as being evicted by a bowls club.

Note: Kyle was married in late 2017 to a woman so far out of his league it almost makes me question my career choice as a fake airline pilot and wish I had of just been a little better at sport.

Football. It works.

Anyway Kyle I hope you get to kick back and enjoy the off-season, welcome to the Bottom 50 for 2019.

Player #32 - Kyle Hartigan

Pictured: Kyle Hartigan is mobbed by teammates who will all be playing elsewhere next season

Kyle Hartigan is an Adelaide Crows defender from Keilor via Werribee, which qualifies him to be the worst tour guide in Australian history.

Picked up as a mature aged rookie in 2012, Kyle has been a mainstay of Adelaide's defence since the 2015 season. In 2016 he played every game, and even kicked a goal - the only goal of his career, as is to be expected from a lockdown defender. In 2017 he overcame injury and the embarrassment of the 'power stance' to play in the Crows' losing Grand Final. To this day, nobody knows why the Crows decided to name their signature pre-game move after their bitter cross town rivals.

After an average 2018, Kyle survived the Crows pre-season camp and went on to play 19 games in a year that won't be looked back upon fondly by Crows fans. As their side was repeatedly picked apart by teams who realised they haven't changed their gameplan since 2017, Kyle found himself part of a defence that was under siege (and not in a slightly nostalgic Steven Seagal way).

Despite the ball being in the Crows defensive half a lot more, Kyle was down in every statistical category except clangers. At 10 touches and 2 clangers a game he offers about as much rebound as a wet beanbag. Despite half the Crows list wanting to depart, most Crows fans see him as trade bait except for the bit about being worth something at the trade table, and another club considering him.
The likely sales message (borrowed from Maggsy ) might have a little to do with it: 'Tall key position defender that falls over a lot. Tries to punch, but often misses the ball. Looks athletic and has great work ethic in the gym, too bad there aren't dumbbells on the footy field'.

Fun fact: The solitary goal he kicked in his career was against Essendon which is at least as embarrassing as being evicted by a bowls club.

Note: Kyle was married in late 2017 to a woman so far out of his league it almost makes me question my career choice as a fake airline pilot and wish I had of just been a little better at sport.

Football. It works.

Anyway Kyle I hope you get to kick back and enjoy the off-season, welcome to the Bottom 50 for 2019.
Who?

Remove this Banner Ad

Vintage Bay Mofra's Bottom 50 for 2019 - Now featuring the bottom 5 Arnott's biscuits

Remove this Banner Ad

Back