Moises Henriques - WTF

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 25, 2008
Leeds/'Berra/Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Has exploded. He was last dismissed on the 19th of September, and has since scored 307 runs in 4 innings across FC and T20 cricket, still not out, and all at a good pace. Also taken 7/105 in that time.

Thus far, he's averaging 78 with the bat in List A, 289 with the bat and 15 with the ball (7 wickets for 107 runs) in FC, and is yet to be dismissed in T20 but has smashed 95 runs from 53 balls (SR: 179) in 2 innings and taken 4/44.

Unbelievable start to the season. Obviously he hasn't played many games in each format yet, so averages are a bit of a misleading stat, but collectively they show his dominance. So where the hell has this been?

Wait til the end of the season. Hell, til the end of the Champions League. If he continues to carry the sixers along, an Australian birth will be a guarantee.

It's a strong tournament though. I have doubts on whether he can continue at that rate.

Great to watch at the moment, everything he touches is turning to gold. I'd like to see a whole season of consistent form but it would be good to see him get another go with the national side in the ODers.

Lets hope it continues, cant forget how talented he is. As a junior his pedigree was absolutely unbelievable. We'll have a star if he gets it together

It was injuries that were holding him back for the majority of his early career. He's now completely over them. He mentions in an article about being able to have a proper training load in the last year to bowl for long periods of time. Now at his fitness peak. Pray this continues!

Being from NSW he was always going to get an Australian birth. Talked up but really he's no better than a lot of other up and comers.

Along with the sentiments of other posters. I went to a coaching seminar about 7 years ago where Guru Greg was in charge. He was saying that Watson and Henriques were two of the best young talents he had ever seen. Just taken a while to get it all together.

I guess Henriques at domestic level is like Watson was at international level before it all clicked.

Watson was good enough at domestic level to justify a place with his batting, while at international level down the order he had similar struggles to find a place as Henriques has had at NSW.

T20 might end up being the catalyst for both of them. It all started for Watson after his stint with Warney's team in the IPL.

Being from NSW he was always going to get an Australian birth. Talked up but really he's no better than a lot of other up and comers.

Agh the NSW theory has started, that's when you know cricket season is coming :thumbsu:

Good form, hope he keeps it up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talked up but really he's no better than a lot of other up and comers.

Nah he really is, not many guys in Australia with the ceiling of Henriques. Mitch Marsh maybe. Henriques has been touted a future international cricketer for almost a decade now despite only being 25.

Picks up length balls and does as he pleases. Bowling is approaching world class.

Will get his chance in the shorter formats this Summer for sure.

I guess Henriques at domestic level is like Watson was at international level before it all clicked.

Watson was good enough at domestic level to justify a place with his batting, while at international level down the order he had similar struggles to find a place as Henriques has had at NSW.

T20 might end up being the catalyst for both of them. It all started for Watson after his stint with Warney's team in the IPL.

Good post. I also think, like with footy, continuity in cricket is underrated. Its easy to lose form and confidence and very hard to regain it. With injuries you need to gain confidence in your body and your game and Watsons example is clear to see.

Dont go there. You wont win this argument.

Good post. I also think, like with footy, continuity in cricket is underrated. Its easy to lose form and confidence and very hard to regain it. With injuries you need to gain confidence in your body and your game and Watsons example is clear to see.

Dont go there. You wont win this argument.

Why, are you suggesting they dont get a leg up? :confused:

It's finally clicking, finally coming together and he's still only mid-twenties.

He could be as good, if not better than Mark Waugh with the way he hits the ball.

Think its one of those deals where he was hyped up too much too early, placing too much pressure on him.
He struggled with the attention and hype, plus being young he was still learning the ropes and understanding of how to play within his limits.

The focus went off him, he now has a better understanding of his own game and is injury free.
Hopefully he keeps playing well and lives up to the much hyped potential.

It's finally clicking, finally coming together and he's still only mid-twenties.

He could be as good, if not better than Mark Waugh with the way he hits the ball.

Batting wise he hasn't got a thing on Martyn or Waugh.

I reckon he will be a bit like Watson though, becomes more comforable with his game as he gets older and becomes a talismatic match winner with his powerful hitting and partnership breaking bowling. It's good to see a long maligned player start to show some significant substance.

Every scout in Australia has said for years the bloke is an elite talent. Perhaps it's coming together.

I think people lose sight of what it is to be human with our sport sometimes. Public pressure, media attention, expectation, life stress, these can all it the players in very real, impactful ways. Henriques was just a young lad when the cricketing landscape turned a great deal of attention towards him for a time. Wouldn't have been easy, and we're all wired differently.

He's only 25. His best is well and truly ahead of him, could be a star.

Remove this Banner Ad

Moises Henriques - WTF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back