Preview Monday's Fan Forum: Who will 'walk the talk'? thread (thread closed)

Have you got your question prepared?

• Not going :(

Votes: 20 62.5%
  • Am going, but I won't be asking a question

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Am going, but I'll decide in the moment if I'll ask a question

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Am going. and I've got my question ready to ask

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if I have time I will also ask why we have no players that can kick 50 meters and why we have to walk it in to the goals.
130304_seedsman600a.jpg

I will be there and will ask 2 questions that I personally want answered for me only.
1. Why are we constantly recruiting smalls?
2. Will we focus on drafting players with good kicking skills/efficiency like hawthorn?

And if I have time I will also ask why we have no players that can kick 50 meters and why we have to walk it in to the goals.
The big question for me, is why do I get the feeling the relationship between the players & Bucks is always strained.
Bucks was a great player, but not popular among fellow players. Now he's the coach, that relationship still looks strained. When you saw Mick with the players, you knew the players loved him. That has changed.

:eek:
I would like to ask, now that we have got rid of all our elder players (Dane Swan is our oldest and hardly a leader, followed by Lumumba, Clinton Young and Sam Dwyer :confused: ) who besides Pendles is actually a leader? We don't have any AT ALL! Are we going to recruit some to help our younger players? In my opinion its the biggest problem at the club by miles.

Bucks rattled off the names of 6 or 7 "leaders" at his presser on friday night one of which was sinclair.:eek:

Last edited:
I can't go either. Despite being advised this was coming up, it was too short notice. So I sent the following comments to the club in the hope that they'll be considered at some point:

Here are my main concerns:
Lack of senior coaching experience
I firmly believe that Bucks will become an excellent coach, despite plans to support him going awry when Mick Malthouse reneged on his contract. But he needs to be surrounded by more experienced coaches to whom he can confidently delegate the burden of line and developmental coaching. He’s done a remarkable job given our worrying level and duration of injuries and failed top-up recruiting, but more guidance is needed to enable him to thrive in the role.
The fact that our players consistently miss targets.
Surely accurate kicking in a minimal requirement from a professional AFL player? Yet our sloppy skills make it difficult to move to ball forward or to pinpoint a target, particularly in the forward 50. Fixing this must be a priority.
Biased umpiring & difficult fixture
More than any other factor woeful umpiring has the potential to make me turn my back on footy. It seems that Collingwood gets regularly screwed as regards free kicks. Our characteristically difficult draw sees up playing the top teams more often that others in similar ladder positions. I appreciate that we must be able to take on all comers. But let’s not pretend that an easier draw can’t make the difference when the competition is so even.
The empty Ponsford stand and our pathetically ineffective cheer squad.
This for me is the worst aspect of the game-day experience. There is no longer any sense of being part of a powerful Magpie Army. If the club has money to spend outside of the football department and wishes to make its members happy, why not give free memberships to disadvantaged young people in particular, who will have the energy and enthusiasm to turn up to games, fill the stands and barracker loud and long.
Abysmal match-day experience
The current sense of alienation from the club is partly due to the ordeal of attending games where we’re constantly assailed by various forms of gimcrackery and deafening advertising. Whoever is making the decisions that shape our experience at the ground has little understanding of supporters, their needs and wants. Not only must despised gimmicks such as kiss-cam be abandoned, but more importantly, the people behind such innovations need to made accountable.

The big question for me, is why do I get the feeling the relationship between the players & Bucks is always strained.
Bucks was a great player, but not popular among fellow players. Now he's the coach, that relationship still looks strained. When you saw Mick with the players, you knew the players loved him. That has changed.
The press conference with Luke Ball should dispel that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bucks has already alerted to answers to why we have all the injuries this year - he admitted they were trained way too hard. (something that's been publicised on here quite often). This will be explained and detailed so the fires are doused before question time even begins. Corporations do it all the time, particularly with Annual General Meetings or when Board's face the music.

It is a good initiative from the Club, but any game specific questions will be answered with content.

As long as the get the message that we are sick of the crap that comes out of the Club in terms of match day experiences, injury updates and where we on an upward curve. We are not!

If the Club agrees to get rid of the Dance Troupe - it will be a raging success in my opinion.

Bucks has already alerted to answers to why we have all the injuries this year - he admitted they were trained way too hard. (something that's been publicised on here quite often). This will be explained and detailed so the fires are doused before question time even begins. Corporations do it all the time, particularly with Annual General Meetings or when Board's face the music.

It is a good initiative from the Club, but any game specific questions will be answered with content.

As long as the get the message that we are sick of the crap that comes out of the Club in terms of match day experiences, injury updates and where we on an upward curve. We are not!

If the Club agrees to get rid of the Dance Troupe - it will be a raging success in my opinion.

I guarantee the forum will end with an Eddie led chorus of 'Good Old Collingwood Forever'. Everyone will leave happy and convinced we are on the right track. Eddie is the master and will be way too good for any angry fans.

I can't attend tonight but I was hoping someone could get the following questions answered
- How does the club plan to improve our sub standard recruiting of free agents and mature age players?
- Does the club plan to invest money into live VFL coverage, cheer squad and game day experience?
- Many supporters feel like they are unable to voice their opinions (dance troupe, holden rev up, kiss cam) and the club is becoming less and less transparent (injuries, strategy, internal decisions). Does the club plan to implement any feedback mechanisms for external opinions to be heard, other than an end of year sausage sizzle/fan forum?
- How will the coaching staff ensure we are back into finals next year? In particular to improving areas such as skills, fitness and personnel?
- What are some things supporters can look forward to over the off season, especially considering we now have another 4 weeks attached. Any news or big name recruits heading our way?

I'm going to ask: Why doesn't our Cheer Squad or the banner makers use crepe paper anymore?
That material (reusable) run through is for Adelaide. Let's get back to basics boys and girls. Big Noisy (proud) Cheer squad and big, funny and aggressive run throughs.

It's most likely that I can't attend tonight due to uni commitments but if I have enough time I might be able to come along but at this point in time it's extremely unlikely unfortunately.

Here are some questions I'd pose to the club if I was to attend tonight. I'd love to see if people ask similar questions tonight.

1). Why is the club so insistent on 'enhancing' our match day experience when most club members don't want this added match day experience like the dance troupe, kiss, hug and dance cam and the loud-o-meter which is patronising to our supporters indirectly as it's instructing our members and supporters to 'cheer' as opposed to letting them cheer when the time is right at their own accord. Should the club revert back to a more 'pure' match-day experience where the passion and dedication of our members and supporters enhances the match day experience as opposed to external gimmicks like the loud-o-meter for example?

2). Why is the Collingwood cheersquad so small in comparison to other clubs despite the fact we have the largest club membership tally in the league? What are the club's restrictions toward the CS regarding flags and banners and does there need to be a major revamp in this area of our supporter base as for too long many have criticised the cheersquad for being too quiet and too small for a club of our size and reputation. The Collingwood cheersquads of the 1960s, 1970s, 1980s and early 1990s was one to be proud of as fellow supporters and was respected and admired by opposition fans so why has it become so watered-down after so many years and does it have to be acknowledged that change needs to made in this area of our supporter group for the better?

3). What are the club's expectations heading into the 2015 season as there has been conflicting messages and ideas of when our next premiership window may open. CEO Gary Pert suggested that we should be in contention of a flag within three years at the start of the 2014 season but have the club re-evaluated their expectations on this or are they sticking the course in believing that the ultimate prize can be achieved within three years as Gary suggested?

4). Has the club been able to establish why our injury list in the past three years has been extensive in contrast to other clubs and will certain things change in this department such as the fitness regime currently implemented by the club fitness staff or the training methods that are implemented under the coaching staff?

I'm jotting down these questions guys.
Cheers Adz! Are the questions I'm posing realistic to ask or just plain ridiculous?

I know we say certain things on the forum that may come across as rash and abrasive but I do find formulating these questions formally harder than I thought. I hope the club does address a few of these issues that members and supporters are planning to discuss with the club tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back