Mooney and that FREE

Remove this Banner Ad

Should of been 50. Ling kicked it after the whistle. Loved seeing him celebrate. I have a hunch that's about all the celebrating he'll be doing this September.

How about instead of focusing on a dicey call that was there but also could've been let go, let's focus on clear mistakes such as Dawson touching that goal by Mooney in the third quarter. People will whine about that last decision just because it was the last decision, it certainly wasn't the worst one and in my opinion it was a right one anyway.

How are some people even debating it wasn't a free kick?

Wet, dry or windy thats a free kick every day. Some people complaining what was Mooney to do, how about get in better position so to apply pressure he doesn't have to dive into Gwilts back and consequently ******** him to apply pressure for the turnover.

Great game but great and gutsy call. A weaker umpire would've let it play out. Giesh will come out this week and state it was the right call.

n164160539487_1132.jpg

How is it not a free kick? The most obvious in the back you will see. Doesnt matter if its a grand final or a pre season game that will always be paid.

Well, it was Kilda playing with 16-18 St Kilda players in Geelong's forward line for 90% of the game. What do you expect???? :)
What game were you watching? We were the ones taking the game on in the first half. It was only in the last that Ross threw everyone back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem with the free is the umpires don't always pay such frees. It is one of the big problems in modern AFL - interpretations are inconsistent.

Not to mention the fact that this type of in-the-back is a joke.

yep. and what about varco not getting a free prior to this.

I hate seeing players dive forward. I thought there was supposed to be a rule against that???

maybe a suspension for gwilt for diving will sort that out for good. No other player would ever do it again.

and in these close finishing games, with errors in umpiring. One day some savvy rich punter will disect a matches decisions and take it further ie sue.

Well, it was Kilda playing with 16-18 St Kilda players in Geelong's forward line for 90% of the game. What do you expect???? :)

You really could've just stopped there.:)

HTFU though Cats fans, Barry Hall should never have played in the 2005 GF and Leo 'You star!' Barry's mark was a clear free kick to Ashley Sampi, and I don't recall too much sympathy going our way. Just roll with it, if you're good enough to win it from here you still can.

the complaining by geelong fans is delicious to me. It's a bit like a a nutrient, nourishing me.

Cheers guys...

Cam Mooney's "goal" in the 3rd qtr says hi :)

Sounds about right. You do realise that Geelong instigated the flooding in the second quarter? :rolleyes:

Take a look at a replay of the game. We may have lost, but we never play a 16-18 man zone in the oppositions 50. It may have cost us tonight, but so be it - our attacking style has served us well and I'm proud of the way we take the game on.

Lol, that'd be an interesting one at the tribunal.

James Gwilt - 3 weeks suspension for being blatantly rode into the ground.

Re: Cam Mooney tells it how it is!!!

"You just cost us the game"

Too right Cam. Good to see a player tell it how it is. I am sick of players going limp in a tackle to win an "in the back" free. Just as Gwilt did.

I am far from a Geelong supporter nor like Mooney, but respect to him for pointing that out.

Not seen GAblett or Selwood play then.

Mooney has nothign to complain about. They've won plenty of games on dodgy free kicks and this one was legit.

You really could've just stopped there.:)

HTFU though Cats fans, Barry Hall should never have played in the 2005 GF and Leo 'You star!' Barry's mark was a clear free kick to Ashley Sampi, and I don't recall too much sympathy going our way. Just roll with it, if you're good enough to win it from here you still can.

I never said we weren't good enough to win it, nor that Cam Mooney's free cost us the game (although I did go apesh*& when it was awarded) - I just pointed out that, if it was a boring game with too much zoning and over-defensive play, it was probably St Kilda's doing and not Geelong's.

How are some people even debating it wasn't a free kick?

Wet, dry or windy thats a free kick every day. Some people complaining what was Mooney to do, how about get in better position so to apply pressure he doesn't have to dive into Gwilts back and consequently ******** him to apply pressure for the turnover.

Great game but great and gutsy call. A weaker umpire would've let it play out. Giesh will come out this week and state it was the right call.

This.

Kicking 1.7 in the final quarter cost the cats game. Well done to the saints. If Geelong are any good they'll be able to win the next 3 games.

Take a look at a replay of the game. We may have lost, but we never play a 16-18 man zone in the oppositions 50. It may have cost us tonight, but so be it - our attacking style has served us well and I'm proud of the way we take the game on.

I'm proud to say The Saints beat The Pussies.:p

Remove this Banner Ad

Mooney and that FREE

Remove this Banner Ad

Back